Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

It's not very good, is it? Genuinely a bit gutted about this. After the first few tracks I got the same horrid sinking feeling in my stomach that I experienced when listening to Random Access Memories for the first time.

I think it's stunning. Might have to keep quiet on that though as it looks like there's a wave of 'this is where Arcade Fire lost it' and the likes about to wash over. Not a skippable song on the album for me though.

I think it's stunning. Might have to keep quiet on that though as it looks like there's a wave of 'this is where Arcade Fire lost it' and the likes about to wash over. Not a skippable song on the album for me though.

I hope so, that probably means it's good. All this fawning over it by Billy Everyteen was not a good sign.

Edited by mrtourette

It's not very good, is it? Genuinely a bit gutted about this. After the first few tracks I got the same horrid sinking feeling in my stomach that I experienced when listening to Random Access Memories for the first time.

I absolutely love Arcade Fire but I thought the exact same thing to begin with. But then I got to the second half of the record. Before that I thought it was a bit all over the place, but disc 2 is stunning.

well they certainly cant be acused of not trying something different!

Ive given it one spin and sounds good, could be a grower. Going to blast it a few times at work tomorrow and then see what i think.

Must admit I've not got much time for the backwards 7 mins of that joan or arc tune!

They are easily the most interesting 'big' band at the moment, the only people I can think of who are headline size but also pushing the envelope and trying new things. If they don't headline next year it will be, quite simply, a travesty of epic proportions.