Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

3 hours ago, Retro P said:

Definitely been touched countless times before but best album?? My head says Neon Bible but my heart says Suburbs. 

I think both your head and your heart need to sit in a darkened room one night with Funeral on repeat at a high volume .. and then ask both of them to stop being silly, reconsider and choose the right answer. 

On 23/03/2018 at 8:29 AM, fightoffyour said:

There are an ever-increasing amount going up on Twickets, who, for what it's worth, have stipulated that sales must be arranged by meeting at the gig due to the named tickets issue.

Just checked and they are now up a tenner on last week for Glasgow. Have never used twickets before but as you say, all sales for this involve you meeting the seller to head in

Everyone can then enjoy Atleast half an hour queuing up.....in the rain, getting to know each other.

4 hours ago, st dan said:

I think both your head and your heart need to sit in a darkened room one night with Funeral on repeat at a high volume .. and then ask both of them to stop being silly, reconsider and choose the right answer. 

Funeral is a taster of what’s to come, an appetiser before the main course. Fantastic album, I regularly play all three together as I see them as a trilogy that need to be enjoyed in sequence. Just always thought the following two albums improved on it greatly. 

On 18/03/2018 at 5:12 PM, reflekting said:

Creature Comfort looked great on SNL this weekend. I'm still enjoying EN even if nobody else is listening anymore. 

This was really good. Great song and even better as a live tune when they get to shout all the words.

The performance of PYMOM was weird as hell. All the shit going on made it look like Eurovision.

1 hour ago, the wonderwhy said:

I CANNOT WAIT to go fucking mental to Creature Comfort again. I hope they're still playing it after Afterlife 

Oh yes please! Then into Power Out, into Rebellion.... ^_^

On 24/03/2018 at 12:37 PM, Retro P said:

Funeral is a taster of what’s to come, an appetiser before the main course. Fantastic album, I regularly play all three together as I see them as a trilogy that need to be enjoyed in sequence. Just always thought the following two albums improved on it greatly. 

Funeral is the best album, Neon Bible has the best run of songs.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Alex DeLarge said:

I think everyone recognised selling a fidget spinner for $300 or however much was a joke, it just wasn't particularly funny.

Exactly. I could recognise they were joking, I just didn't think it was funny. It wasn't as if everyone who thought their campaign was rubbish only thought that because they were too thick to understand their genius campaign. I think plenty of people could see what they were trying to do and thought it was shit.

I still loved the album though. I think he's right to suggest that if EN turns out to be the worst thing they ever recorded, then that says more about the high quality of the rest of their back catalogue than anything else.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

I thought they nailed the whole 'everything now' concept pretty much in 'We Used to Wait' already anyway.

Although I do generally like the new album and think there is too much definite merit in there to right it off.

Edited by Homer