Rolling Stones...

Karlhippy

47 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Really enjoying the album, but have to say the art work is truly abysmal, and how come only Lady Gaga gets a 'featuring...' on the reverse, not McCartney or Stevie W (Or even Bill Wyman)?

The Paul Smith one is the best of a bad bunch. 

44 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Really enjoying the album, but have to say the art work is truly abysmal, and how come only Lady Gaga gets a 'featuring...' on the reverse, not McCartney or Stevie W (Or even Bill Wyman)?

Stones album covers have never been all that great, relying on the music to sell them.  They never got into the overblown Roger Dean artwork of the 70s.  Beggars banquet was really understated. ! 

On 10/16/2023 at 11:52 PM, Neil said:

just noticed he's big on jeff beck, reckon he'd be a bit jealous to hear that i used to drink in the same pub as jeff (in Farnborough, it was the local of the model who became jeff's wife.)
that was a long long time ago, i can't even remember the pub name now[the alex- maybe?!]

Flashback to this years eFests meet at Glastonbury. I was wearing a Jeff Beck T-Shirt. You came over and told the above anecdote. Which I'm sure you'd done at at at least one previous eFests meet at Glastonbury.

Felt suitably jealous.

Meningitis apparently. You're not meant to die from that these days are you? Proper lost too early that one.

On 10/19/2023 at 3:04 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Most picture discs come in plastic wallets (so as to better display what's on the disc).

The issue is the plastic sleeves can knacker the vinyl, so you're better transferring the disc to a proper sleeve ASAP.

Today I Learned...

So that Meat Loaf Dead Ringer For Love 7" will possibly not play any more? And Rush's Hemispheres LP? And their 7"s Hold Your Fire and the Countdown single that came in the shape of a shuttle launch? All corroded?

3 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Some good Stones documentaries on bbc4 tonight 

Thanks. Watching now. 

4 hours ago, MrZigster said:

Today I Learned...

So that Meat Loaf Dead Ringer For Love 7" will possibly not play any more? And Rush's Hemispheres LP? And their 7"s Hold Your Fire and the Countdown single that came in the shape of a shuttle launch? All corroded?

Check em at least. They might be fine. If they are may still be agood idea to switch sleeves.

As the other poster said it's the heavier PVC sleeves that can react with vinyl. Polythene and polyethylene and you're good 

“Into the face of the young man who sat on the terrace of the Hotel Magnifique at Cannes there had crept a look of furtive shame, the shifty hangdog look which announces that an Englishman is about to speak French.” 

Mickey boy here being pure Gallic but also at the same time, utterly Dartford 

• Thanks 1

Theres something going on here. Some soul to the devil thing or a pact with God. 

Ages 76, 79, 81, 80. 

image.thumb.png.950025345a605b500497d20acf65dd68.png

Stones with a new album and the 80 year old front man dancing around the stage like a 20 year old cokehead at a wedding beside the 79 year old ex smack head alco and life long chain smoking guitarist. Two of them actually.

And Macca just put this gig in down under.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/paul-mccartney/2023/marvel-stadium-melbourne-australia-5ba0f774.html

Whatever deal Robert Johnson had, these lads got a better one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

On 10/23/2023 at 7:17 PM, The Nal said:

Theres something going on here. Some soul to the devil thing or a pact with God. 

Ages 76, 79, 81, 80. 

image.thumb.png.950025345a605b500497d20acf65dd68.png

Stones with a new album and the 80 year old front man dancing around the stage like a 20 year old cokehead at a wedding beside the 79 year old ex smack head alco and life long chain smoking guitarist. Two of them actually.

And Macca just put this gig in down under.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/paul-mccartney/2023/marvel-stadium-melbourne-australia-5ba0f774.html

Whatever deal Robert Johnson had, these lads got a better one.

Was at that gig and Macca was brilliant again. I turned to my mate who was with me last year at Glastonbury and said : " see it wasn't just the molly"

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, BlackZeppelin said:

Was at that gig and Macca was brilliant again. I turned to my mate who was with me last year at Glastonbury and said : " see it wasn't just the molly"

Off-topic from the Stones, but saw the tour opener in Adelaide. Not sure how a man in his eighties can be so shockingly virile and play for nearly three hours, while at less than half his age, I cannot stick anything out for three minutes.

• Upvote 1