Got any gigs coming up?

spwan-of-the-devil

Back from the Desert in 18 days... straight back on it with British Sea Power in Brighton, Slowdive in London, and the first night of The Cure.

Much more importantly though, six Interpol dates in eight days in Jan -Feb. Milan, Zurich, Copenhagen x 2, Berlin, and first night in London.

And that's it on the gig front, unless there's something on in Istanbul at Easter, until Sandance in Dubai in May, if it's even on and has a decent lineup.

Back from the Desert in 18 days... straight back on it with British Sea Power in Brighton, Slowdive in London, and the first night of The Cure.

I envy you there, three fantastic live bands, some of the best in the biz.

I've only got Los Campesinos and Metronomy next week and that's it for the rest of the year! Been a great year though, I've push the boat out quite a bit when it comes to tickets.

I envy you there, three fantastic live bands, some of the best in the biz.

I've only got Los Campesinos and Metronomy next week and that's it for the rest of the year! Been a great year though, I've push the boat out quite a bit when it comes to tickets.

I'd love to see those two again some time soon! Some envy on my side there...

Saw Jesse Malin and Hollis Brown last night.

Hollis Brown play a fine brand of Americana and if you like that kind of thing, I can't recommend them enough, reminded me of Wilco at times and that can only be a good thing.

Jesse was in outstanding form despite seeming to be suffering from a bad throat. His new songs all sounding great and the older stuff sounding as good as ever. Throw in a couple of choice covers, If I Should Fall From Grace With God and a barnstorming Rock n Roll Radio and of course his always entertaining tales... just brilliant. Gig of the year for me.

Brit Floyd on Monday night at St David's Hall in Cardiff. I appreciate some people aren't into 'tribute' bands but I put Brit Floyd into a that small group of tribute bands that have truly become established in their own right; absolute top class musicians who put on a spectacular show that can more than match the real thing.

I bought my 2015 calendar today, so I've just gathered up all the post-its I've had lying around and wrote everything into the calendar. I didn't think I had that much coming up, but I've got J Masics, Alvvays, Emmy The Great, Slow Club, Sleater-Kinney, The Twilight Sad, The Phantom Band, First Aid Kit, Charli XCX and Warpaint, not a bad showing at all. Anybody else got exciting gigs in the new year they want to share with the class?