Got any gigs coming up?

spwan-of-the-devil

Loads of people only know sit down and she's a star.

I think you're making up the bit about him loathing it though aren't you? You're just presuming he does cos it was popular.

Seen them four times and they opened one set with an acoustic version of it. Just him and Larry on guitar walking around the balcony of the o2 in Sheffield.

I'll try and find the interview. I think he dislikes it for the same reason thom yorke dislikes creep, that it defined them.

But yeh they did an acoustic version last time I saw them too, much better but would still rather see almost any other song by them!

I'll try and find the interview. I think he dislikes it for the same reason thom yorke dislikes creep, that it defined them.

But yeh they did an acoustic version last time I saw them too, much better but would still rather see almost any other song by them!

I remember seeing James years ago at the Barrowlands in Glasgow around the time that Sit Down was massive and Tim was saying that they were fed up with it so they played it 1st to get it out of the way. Great gig I remember

Carter USM were superb on Saturday- a fitting finale for one of my favourite bands. Spent vast majority of gig in the mosh pit which is the 1st time in a while I've done that- getting old and all that- though most of the others in there were of a similar age.

James don't play Sit Down any more than they play Come Home, Sound, Sometimes etc.

Every tour a few crowd pleasers get dropped from the setlist. For a combination of reasons I guess, the band get bored of playing them, to keep things fresh, and because they simply can't fit them all in.

When you're touring a new album, you're not going to be able to play the unheard stuff and your whole back catalogue. If you have a back catalogue that dates back 30 years and 20 albums anyway.

They've rested Sit Down before, just as they've rested other crowd pleasers such as Come Home or Johnny Yen. This tour they seem to be resting Say Something and She's a Star as well as Sit Down.

Or they change Sit Down's arrangement as was referred to previously. They've done the same with Sometimes previously too. Sound is sometimes the 5 min album version, and sometimes a 12 minute extravaganza.

As for the song itself, it's not their best, nor is it their worst.

Jess Malin next week Really looking forward to that, first time for about 4 years which is odd as he used to tour the UK about every 8 months.

Support act is Hollis Brown. They sound quite good, may well make thye effort to get there early. Anyone seen them?

Sharon Van Etten was utterly amazing in Manchester Cathedral last night, I think I may have to go to see her again at the Brudenell next year.

Glad to hear she's on good form. I'm going to see her tomorrow and I'm really excited for it! Perfume Genius tonight too - cracking double header.

Is it that bad? I saw Nickelback there (I know) and it seemed alright.

Likely not :P Its just the other end of the Jubilee line to me, which always puts me in a mood before I get there. Its a bit more crowded than the O2 to. it just feels a bit soulless/old but without any particulary nice features to me so I always need to really really want to see someone if its there :P

It's £45 before fees.

I prefer Wembley over the o2 & Alley Palley myself.

Ah mhmm it is SOAD! I am still tempted..

I'd say its O2, Ally Pally, Wembley Arena for me :P

EDIT: Actually Earls Court before Wembley Arena to! Its also a bit shit but has a nice frontage and they have an adequate Bar for the number of people.

Edited by LondonTom

Likely not :P Its just the other end of the Jubilee line to me, which always puts me in a mood before I get there. Its a bit more crowded than the O2 to. it just feels a bit soulless/old but without any particulary nice features to me so I always need to really really want to see someone if its there :P

Try the other end of the M4 for me :P I've never seen them and I'm tempted by it due to how unpredictable they are in regards to shows. Did think about them maybe being an act at BST if they try and do another heavy day this year?

Edited by Mouseboy11

Ah mhmm it is SOAD! I am still tempted..

I'd say its O2, Ally Pally, Wembley Arena for me :P

EDIT: Actually Earls Court before Wembley Arena to! Its also a bit shit but has a nice frontage and they have an adequate Bar for the number of people.

You don't like souless and then put o2 at the top of your list?:P

I'd take Wembley over Alley Palley which has that stupid hill and crap acoustics and the O2 which has two transport options of the one tube line that always seems to have engineering works on it or a boat as well as being plastic hell hole inside but I can't really comment on Earls Court as I've not been in ages although I don't remember being impressed with it.

You don't like souless and then put o2 at the top of your list? :P

Both are really, I'd say the o2 has a little more soul though :P It feels more like a music venue, where as Wembley Arena feels like a giant shed. (Plus it has the positives of being modern with space/toilets even bars to an extent.)

Jubilee line has been fine over the last couple of years! I don't think i've ever actually been to gig and its not running actually!

Both are really, I'd say the o2 has a little more soul though :P It feels more like a music venue, where as Wembley Arena feels like a giant shed. (Plus it has the positives of being modern with space/toilets even bars to an extent.)

Jubilee line has been fine over the last couple of years! I don't think i've ever actually been to gig and its not running actually!

Wembley ultimately wins between the two for me as I can smoke there. I really disagree it feels like a music venue tho, it's feels more like a shopping centre.

Edited by jump

the national tonight. Gave the new album another listen and still not feeling the love. I think it's comfortably the worst album they've done (apart from sad songs for dirty lovers of course.....). I suspect it'll be better live.

I'm going alone to this one. Cant decide whether to drive or get pissed as a fart and get a cab home...