Got any gigs coming up?

spwan-of-the-devil

A friend was asking me for album recommendations from this year, I mentioned Ought, he goes "Oh yeah, great band, saw them at Sound Control last month". You fucking WHAT? I had no idea they were playing. The amount of time I spend combing the local gig listings and I missed THIS? I'm going to assume the fetal position and weep, somebody give me a prod and a mug of tea when Ought announce they're coming back around.

Craig Charles/The Correspondents are doing some kind of night at the Brooklyn Bowl at the O2, but I think it was about 35 quid a ticket.

There hasn't really been anything else that has took my fancy for NYE in London, I want another biggish band to do the O2 again for it, The Kasabian NYE:Rewired gig a couple of years ago was great!

Thanks. A proper big gig would be great, yes. Saw Craig Charles at the Scala last year, wasn't that impressed, tbh - it's odd not being able to find something I really want to do this year, but most years I'm not even looking as I'd rather do the "friends and family thing" for NYE.

Currently considering The Drop in Brixton, Reggae Roast night in Hackney or Whirl-y-gig in London Bridge. Decisions, decisons....

• 3 weeks later...

You're in for an absolute treat, he was excellent on his last UK tour. He did a couple of new songs as well which were really good, quite heavy electronic stuff.

Saw him at Latitude last year and he was mind-bendingly brilliant, bit rubbish that I've got no friends who listen to him and haven't been able to convince anybody to come along, but I imagine I'll stop giving a shit the very second he takes to the stage.

Saw him at Latitude last year and he was mind-bendingly brilliant, bit rubbish that I've got no friends who listen to him and haven't been able to convince anybody to come along, but I imagine I'll stop giving a shit the very second he takes to the stage.

I went on my own too. Ended up getting quite trollied, so that's my advice. Solo gigs = excessive drinking.

Edited by zero000

I still have no gigs booked up for 2015 yet! Nothing I've really really wanted to see, apart from a couple of smaller gigs that were already sold out.

I feel odd, I haven't had at least something planned in the near future for a good few years now!

There's been gigs I wanted to go to but they sold out instantly. I've just got Prodigy and Monster Magnet lined up which will be good but they aren't hyping me up.

I went on my own too. Ended up getting quite trollied, so that's my advice. Solo gigs = excessive drinking.

:D See, this is where you and I differ, gigs on my own I can drink steadily and sensibly, without pressure of having to drink up in time for the next round. No leaving in the middle of the show for a wee wee (the very worst), I get to remember a show I paid good money for, I get very drunk very easily.

First Aid Kit next Friday..

I double booked this mutha with Emmy The Great! With a heavy heart I've given away my ticket, rationale is that I've seen them before and had a great time, never seen Emmy before (and nobody will take that ticket off me).