Got any gigs coming up?

spwan-of-the-devil

No nick cave?

Sadly not, the cities he's playing just don't work for me, I considered Edinburgh or Glasgow, but decided against it in the end. If it was Bad Seeds I might have gone for it, but I don't know anybody else willing to travel, or really anybody living in any of those places (apart from that London, but it's a big place), would have been a lot of money and a lot of time spent wandering around on my own.

Sadly not, the cities he's playing just don't work for me, I considered Edinburgh or Glasgow, but decided against it in the end. If it was Bad Seeds I might have gone for it, but I don't know anybody else willing to travel, or really anybody living in any of those places (apart from that London, but it's a big place), would have been a lot of money and a lot of time spent wandering around on my own.

Lightweight, I'm going to see him in Brussels..

Listened to these properly for the first time this weekend, awesome band. Looked for gig tickets and brum sold out, luckily got some for the Manchester gig.

I'm going to the Manchester one, the juxtaposition between the loveliness of First Aid Kit and the horribleness of Ardwick will be interesting.

Boring and safe, but having our annual Christmas outing with the Glasto Gang plus partners to see Jools Holland in Cardiff next Saturday. Preceded by nibbles at Chateau Grumpyhack.

Caught him a couple of Xmasses ago, not boring :)

Was thinking of Art Garfunkel but... :nea:

I saw him in september. His voice is completely fucked and he tells the most excruciating stories between songs, and reads his dreadful poety. Save your cash.

Though somehow he managed to pull off a fantastic for emily, wherever I may find her which almost made it worth the ticket price

I saw him in september. His voice is completely fucked and he tells the most excruciating stories between songs, and reads his dreadful poety. Save your cash.

Though somehow he managed to pull off a fantastic for emily, wherever I may find her which almost made it worth the ticket price

Yeah I remember you saying.

Nah, Ill save the cash. Would be 130 euro for me and the missus. Thats nearly two weeks worth of really nice food.

Jools Holland was excellent last night. An 18 piece orchestra is a huge operation to take on tour plus special guest. Marc Almond produced some excellent torch singing and had everyone of their feet for the first time in the evening with 'Tainted Love' but the real star was Ruby Turner. What a great voice.

Epic, emotional, special.

Don't expect the same setlist.

Can't wait then! A logistical question though - did the finish at 11? Or did they run over like they did at the RAH shows? As I had to leave early then (at 11 on the dot) in order to get the last train home, so would rather not have to do that again!

I've just come home from Telegram at the Lexington (N1), and I'm going to the Magic Garden (Battersea) on Saturday to see DreamMachine, but I'm still looking for something to do/see on New Year's eve (preferably a gig in/around London) - anyone got any tips?

Edited by midnight

Craig Charles/The Correspondents are doing some kind of night at the Brooklyn Bowl at the O2, but I think it was about 35 quid a ticket.

There hasn't really been anything else that has took my fancy for NYE in London, I want another biggish band to do the O2 again for it, The Kasabian NYE:Rewired gig a couple of years ago was great!

Craig Charles/The Correspondents are doing some kind of night at the Brooklyn Bowl at the O2, but I think it was about 35 quid a ticket.

There hasn't really been anything else that has took my fancy for NYE in London, I want another biggish band to do the O2 again for it, The Kasabian NYE:Rewired gig a couple of years ago was great!

The Correspondents are great live, I've gotten bored of seeing them so many times in the last few years though (as my girlfriend loves them) otherwise I'd being going to that.