Glade Announced!

JayBalls

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

I know! I'm so glad they're back. One of my favourite live bands, really hope they don't clash with anyone! 

They did say last year that it would be their last Glastonbury but obviously they lied!

Every year we have gone we have seen them... Love the BEAT!

2 minutes ago, mjsell said:

As someone has said somewhere already theLoveBullets stage will need to be a fair size for that lineup, I will be trying to see Elrow and Kolsch at the very least.

Where are we thinking it'll be?

pretty much the same names as the last 2 years, and the stage wasn't that big when it was in Shnagri-La. hopefully they make it  bit bigger but wouldn't be completely surprised if it was just the same as before.

13 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

It's a mega lineup, I'm not sure how late then Glade opens but I guess such a huge lineup is an attempt to alleviate crowds in the SE corner? Although I guess a lot will be daytime.

Yeh the festival are deinitely trying to spread the crowds and with lineups like the Glade's it will work. I think the Glade area runs until 2-3 am but could be wrong. 

EDIT: Just checked last year. 2:50 close all stages.

Edited by EZYSEY

8 minutes ago, mjsell said:

As someone has said somewhere already theLoveBullets stage will need to be a fair size for that lineup, I will be trying to see Elrow and Kolsch at the very least.

Where are we thinking it'll be?

LOVEBULLETS @ THE GLADE

The Glade welcomes Lovebullets into the area, docking their concept venue next to Spaceport, Lovebullets will present ‘The House That Love Built’, a venue built with love for house and disco parties!

After 8 years in the SE Corner this will be a completely new experience for revellers who are used to heading to the night time area to find the party at Lovebullets! Being in the middle of the festival means that the party can start in the daytime!

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/areas/the-glade/

8 minutes ago, EZYSEY said:

Yeh the festival are deinitely trying to spread the crowds and with lineups like the Glade's it will work. I think the Glade area runs until 2-3 am but could be wrong. 

EDIT: Just checked last year. 2:50 close all stages.

I guess it doesn't really matter when it closes, it will still soak up a huge amount of people who would've headed straight for the SE corner after the headliners, so it will help to spread the traffic heading there out over 3-4 hours.

12 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I guess it doesn't really matter when it closes, it will still soak up a huge amount of people who would've headed straight for the SE corner after the headliners, so it will help to spread the traffic heading there out over 3-4 hours.

yeh exactly. Straight to the Temple until 6am after the Glade closes. :)

....or it could have the opposite effect and cause a massive influx of people to go there at 3am when Silver Hayes and the Glade finish.

Edited by EZYSEY

Jesus...I must have been way more spandangled than I thought at previous Glastos, as I've spent a lot of time at the Glade and thought it was just one stage :wacko: The maps not giving me any other clues either. I can see one of thems being moved from SE, bit where was Space Port?

This is all kinds of epic though! However, Im feeling the absence of Talaboman though. Its not happening, is it? 

Edited by Sasperella

10 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Jesus...I must have been way more spandangled than I thought at previous Glastos, as I've spent a lot of time at the Glade and thought it was just one stage :wacko: The maps not giving me any other clues either. I can see one of thems being moved from SE, bit where was Space Port?

This is all kinds of epic though! However, Im feeling the absence of Tabloman though. Its not happening, is it? 

Spaceport I think is to left as you approach the main stage, is a faux concrete type looking structure 

2 hours ago, StePotts said:

the Spaceport lineup is insane! that Bedrock line up is one of the best things I've ever seen at Glasto

I know. Mental. It's a shame that line up is there. Probably the shittest venue. And too small for half of those acts. 

1 hour ago, StePotts said:

According to Danny Howells Facebook, the Bedrock showcase is on the Thursday, and he will be going B2B2B with Darren Emerson and Dave Seaman as they have done at Ministry previously.

Thats my Thursday night sorted then. Can't bloody wait for this!