2017. Best lineup for ages

bsolxiv

1 hour ago, Stokesy10 said:

How the fuck have I only just seen this? It's been a busy few days but oh my word. Just seen the announcement about them playing in Bristol.

This line up is already incredible - this would be incredible for me. PLEASE!

Very happy to be the bearer of fantastic news :D

I mean, it's not a confirmation, but fuck it.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, BlackHole2006 said:

Been at work all day then went to the pub straight after so haven't had the chance to fully take it all in. From what I've read so far there are some great surprises on there and about 10 acts that I really want to see.

What I really like is that we were wrong with most of our predictions. I don't think anyone on here guessed Katy Perry over Gaga and it's great that they can still hide so much from us. 

This is a good thing as most of the predictions were weak and shit.

22 hours ago, henry bear said:

From my own point of view I'd have loved Kraftwerk and Pixies, but based on what Neil had said, wasn't expecting them. There are quite a few names on the list I'm not overly familiar with, but guess what? I used to be a Glastonbury regular, but this is my first one for 18 years and I'm so happy to be going back. I've seen just about everyone live I'd have liked to, often multiple times, and am happy to get to see new acts. This'll be my son's first Glastonbury and he's looking forward to some of the Grime stuff and I'm glad there's acts there for him, as that's what it's all about. And the fact that it's a 'Radiohead' Glastonbury makes it a de facto special one for me. :D

You will have a blast Henry Bear.

i was a similar returner in 2011 after an absence of 17 years, and I took my son for his first ever festival too- start at the top!

That first night back, dancing in the rain to Primal Scream is one of my favourite Glastonbury memories. 

The site is bigger, there are people on site, even thought the fence jumpers have all but gone, but you can still find the core of the older festival within the newer festival.

Enjoy.

On ‎30‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 4:35 PM, adjwholovesmusic said:

For me it's one of the worst line ups. To Urban, Grimey and Pop heavy for me. Don't get me wrong there are some corkers on there but overall not to my tastes. Disappointed but as a good friend of mine has pointed out, once we get a couple of Brothers Ciders and are ready to get down I'm sure we will find something to tantalise our musical taste buds. 

Yeah I don't really get grime, to me its just angry Londoners talking about "beef" they have with other grime artists in a violent way....

Other then that I think its a cracking line up so far..

On 30 March 2017 at 4:52 PM, Bobs said:

Definitely a good line-up for me.

Biffy, Courteeners (don't stone me for it), Katy Perry (curiousity, and she's got a cracking stage presence :P), Phoenix, Goldfrapp, Wild Beasts, Craig David, Circa Waves and Temples on there which catch my eye.

Will possibly hit Foos and Radiohead if there's nothing which catches my eye.

Can't wait for Katy Perry will definatley watch her and then pop back to my tent for a bit of "me time"

8 hours ago, fernandomassuy said:

In all honesty this is a 7/10 for me. With Liam Gallagher, Richard Ashcroft and Manic Street Preachers it might jump to at least 8.5/10 depending on clashes

Add in Ash and Dodgy and the "90s Revival Tent" will have a full roster. 

8 hours ago, BlackHole2006 said:

:lol::lol::lol: 

Gazza, don't ever change. 

Not sure why you are laughing?, go back and compare what we would have had and what we will?

The lasthe one was The Xx, Elbow and Kaiser Chiefs at one point as subs as many had dropped the idea of Gaga and we're stuck on another and that wasnr the only one like that. The odd The Weeknd one but don't think many really believed it. 

Then you ended up with Biffy and Katy with not expecting it, The National in the same way, Major Lazer and some others.

Better initial poster than last year or the year before, plenty I want to see but no absolute must sees for me. 

Compared to last year there are more big names I am interested in so I've at least got a Pyramid headliner and maybe one or two more. 

Still happy but as usual I'm waiting for Avalon and Leftfield lineups to appear.

Brilliant one for me. Might even see a pyramid headliner at last depending on clashes. 

On another note the feedback I've been getting from friends who normally have little interest other than me going is that it's a cracking line up and they wouldn't mind getting tickets. None of them are even registered. 

12 hours ago, AnnaGrant said:

You will have a blast Henry Bear.

i was a similar returner in 2011 after an absence of 17 years, and I took my son for his first ever festival too- start at the top!

That first night back, dancing in the rain to Primal Scream is one of my favourite Glastonbury memories. 

The site is bigger, there are people on site, even thought the fence jumpers have all but gone, but you can still find the core of the older festival within the newer festival.

Enjoy.

Thanks Anna - I will. One thing I remember about 1999 was that the whole site was rammed, but then it seemed so easy to get in without a ticket that year. Can't wait for the return!

Really good poster drop for me. I only really got into music/gigs etc 4 or 5 years ago, so only now am I really broadening my horizons, with a lot of help from this forum. Last two poster drops I've only known a handful of acts and then I've gotten stuck into research, whereas this year there's already plenty I know and would like to see. That includes 3 of my favorite acts of all time  (Radiohead, Avalanches, Flaming Lips), some guilty pleasures (Gibb/Perry) plus acts 2012 indie landfill loving me would have laughed off in pure 'lad' spirit (Olsen/Solange/Jacksons/Toots/RTJ)

Still excited at the prospect of what's still left to come. I expect most of the big slots have been taken, but reckon we'll get a few nice surprises one the timetable drops in a month or two.