Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Not branding that as 'Old McDonnell On A Farm' seems like a missed opportunity imho.

And on that farm he had no increase in income tax for those earning under £80,000... doesn't have quite the same ring to it.

36 minutes ago, Junglist1981 said:

I have never seen a lineup poster with the days arranged in such a ridiculous order before. I've looked at it 4 times now and I'm still confused.

Inner teenager is demanding I go see Gillian Anderson. Although I may turn up on the wrong day.

Maybe it's a clue ;)

7 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Wait, what? Gillian Anderson? Without context?

They should make that misogyny hour a mandatory requirement for attendance.

She'll probably be on at about 5PM which is the usual last slot for fridays on that stage.

There are enough clashes but I hope I can see her

2 hours ago, Fingerbobs said:

Oh yes you have (unless you haven't of course) - the Pilton Palais poster. Free time travel will apparently be available at the door though. 

Must be a Donnie Darko tie-in.

Just now, Superscally said:

Is it good Ghostbusters or shit new one?

Should be good, both the poster and the text refer to the classic Ghostbusters.

Donnie Darko is the director's cut though, which I haven't seen but by most accounts it rather ruins the film by overexplaining a lot of the mystery.

Anyone else buzzing for a rave up at SHY FX Thursday night at Wow? 6 years ago a mate dragged me to his show before I was into that sort of music and I walked out halfway through not really knowing what was happening, I'd like to put that memory to rest!

4 minutes ago, LGH said:

Anyone else buzzing for a rave up at SHY FX Thursday night at Wow? 6 years ago a mate dragged me to his show before I was into that sort of music and I walked out halfway through not really knowing what was happening, I'd like to put that memory to rest!

I saw them at Lovebox last year and lost my shit. My boyfriend was unimpressed. So not sure if I'll make it there again... especially with The Orb/Napalm Death also on offer. They were great though.

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I saw them at Lovebox last year and lost my shit. My boyfriend was unimpressed. So not sure if I'll make it there again... especially with The Orb/Napalm Death also on offer. They were great though.

Yeah all depends on timings, I wouldn't usually spend my Thursday round Silver Hayes, but I think I'd make the effort for them!

The Orb I've not really heard of?

3 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

You are taking the piss right? My query was about Ross from Friends - what is going on there then?

I'm not but your exasperated response means I'll go look them up! 

Edit: No idea what Ross From Friends is except a potential copyright lawsuit.

Edited by LGH