Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

12 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

In my mind if he's said next month in march surely that means April rather than May? 

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

ah, sorry - i thought you were saying that post was recent.

In which case i wouldn't take too much from what he says. Firstly Derek's not involved in the artist booking (as far as i'm aware, anyway) so wouldn't have need to know an exact announcement date (tho that doesn't mean he doesn't hear it anyway, of course), and secondly the individual stage announcements might only get scheduled later on (I don't know how they schedule stuff).

I'd take it as a generic thing, of announcements standardly being made in April, than anything with certainty.

Plus if I said 'next month' on the last day of a month I don't necessarily take that to mean it'l definitely be April if said in March. If he had said it 1 day later, it'd change the constructed timescale massively.

I don't often take comments like that literally.

One thing there seems to be a pattern for is that Full Lineup is announced end of May to Mid June (at the very latest). Until this point the following stages/bit & bobs 'usually' have their own announcement:

• 2017 Map
  • Leftfield
  • Shangri La
  • The Common
  • Arcadia
  • Kids Field
  • Theatre & Circus
  • The Glade

Throw in West Holts and it's not unfair to assume that we can have two/three announcements per week now. Including another this week. Usually the map has dropped by now though... 

14 minutes ago, Plumb111 said:

Is it 100% confirmed that BBK are on the sunday night though? I thought that was just based on Alt J only being available on the Saturday? What rules them out for the Friday?

Really hoping somehow they are not on the Sunday night as I want to see them!

yes, Emily told NME that the Sunday Other headliners are BBK.

17 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

yes, Emily told NME that the Sunday Other headliners are BBK.

She didn't say Sunday, she just said they were headlining. Sunday comes from Neil and the general idea that Major Lazer and Alt J are Friday and Saturday 

28 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

No I get what you mean. I just found it slightly hard to believe Kano is headlining The Park, as much as he obviously is. I think what is probably more likely is BBK not starting to later than normal. 

I could see BBK just doing an hour, say from 22:15-23:15. grime isn't exactly known for long sets.

If Kano did 21:00-21:45 then that would give people time to get up to the Other in 30mins.

6 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

She didn't say Sunday, she just said they were headlining. Sunday comes from Neil and the general idea that Major Lazer and Alt J are Friday and Saturday 

ah right.

if Neil's original info of Saturday being "hippy-hoppy" meant that they were headlining the Other on Saturday, it would make much more sense than on Sunday up against Ed Sheeran and a potential clash with Kano.

I suppose then Alt-J would sub Foo Fighters, with The National perhaps headlining the Other on Sunday.

obviously the info suggests the contrary though, along with the poster order seemingly indicating Major Lazer/Alt-J/BBK as Other, along with XX/National/Biffy Clyro subs for the respective days.

9 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

if Neil's original info of Saturday being "hippy-hoppy" meant that they were headlining the Other on Saturday, it would make much more sense than on Sunday up against Ed Sheeran and a potential clash with Kano.

I can't be entirely sure, tho suspect the info I had for Saturday was the original plan but things had to be swapped around because of Alt-J only being available on the Saturday.

52 minutes ago, The60ftOctopus said:

One thing there seems to be a pattern for is that Full Lineup is announced end of May to Mid June (at the very latest). Until this point the following stages/bit & bobs 'usually' have their own announcement:

• 2017 Map
  • Leftfield
  • Shangri La
  • The Common
  • Arcadia
  • Kids Field
  • Theatre & Circus
  • The Glade

Throw in West Holts and it's not unfair to assume that we can have two/three announcements per week now. Including another this week. Usually the map has dropped by now though... 

If throwing in West Holts, is there time for loads of other individual stage announcements?  Guess they'd have to be solidly 3 per week to get through them all...

27 minutes ago, p.pete said:

If throwing in West Holts, is there time for loads of other individual stage announcements?  Guess they'd have to be solidly 3 per week to get through them all...

My thoughts exactly. I assumed we would be getting West Holts with the full lineup, but with all these murmurs who knows. Maybe we'll just be getting the full lineup a lot earlier this year?

1 minute ago, The60ftOctopus said:

My thoughts exactly. I assumed we would be getting West Holts with the full lineup, but with all these murmurs who knows. Maybe we'll just be getting the full lineup a lot earlier this year?

I think another announcement tomorrow / fri (possibly west holts)

then 2 a week for the next 4 weeks and full stage / time list during the week commencing 29th May.

42 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I can't be entirely sure, tho suspect the info I had for Saturday was the original plan but things had to be swapped around because of Alt-J only being available on the Saturday.

How sure are you Alt-J are headling the Other stage on saturday on a scale of 1 to 100%? Is there a possibility they could sub the Pyramid or sub the Other? 

1 minute ago, Havors said:

How sure are you Alt-J are headling the Other stage on saturday on a scale of 1 to 100%? Is there a possibility they could sub the Pyramid or sub the Other? 

It's 100% certain that Alt-J can only do Saturday.

I'm 99.95% sure the info I have for them as Saturday headliner will be correct.

Map - I want a map!

But assume they are maybe holding this back due to site changes (drive in cinema thing) and maybe some surprises??!?!?!?

Maybe they just haven't been able to secure my pitch yet - so waiting on that :D

5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

It's 100% certain that Alt-J can only do Saturday.

I'm 99.95% sure the info I have for them as Saturday headliner will be correct.

Ah balls, balls and more balls!!! typical the 2 acts I want to see the most clash... you would not believe how often this happens to me haha literally every festival I go to. :( always the 2 I want to see the most.

14 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I think another announcement tomorrow / fri (possibly west holts)

then 2 a week for the next 4 weeks and full stage / time list during the week commencing 29th May.

I think this is spot on - although that would suggest there is a pattern emerging.... ^_^

not really getting the whole "west holts will get its own announcement" thing. They did not have a stand alone announcement for the 2015 or 2016 festival. They are a main stage and therefore I expect them only to be announced with the big main drop, unless there is a stage breakdown poster before then.

Edited by Memory Man

33 minutes ago, Havors said:

Ah balls, balls and more balls!!! typical the 2 acts I want to see the most clash... you would not believe how often this happens to me haha literally every festival I go to. :( always the 2 I want to see the most.

I'd hedge my bets you'llbe able to see Alt J again sooner, closer and cheaper than Foos though. Go with the Foos.

17 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Yeah, I really find it hard to believe that a band placed in an appropriate slot for their current size would really cancel at the last minute because they found out it wasn't a massive placing.

It was so last minute, SecretGlasto tweeted it, but was still too late for most people. Texas have always struck me as right squares too - almost irritatingly professional.

I saw Texas supporting Roger Waters in Hyde Park some years ago. She spent the whole set swearing at the audience for wanting to watch the football (euros or World Cup, can't remember which) rather than watching her, who none of us had gone to see anyway. Put me off her for life.