Unlikely acts you'd love to see

kalifire

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Tommy101 said:

Is there a reason why they're unlikely? They seem perfect for the Other Stage whilst basking in the Sun.

For me:

Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes (many other heavier bands who's genre is the most overlooked in my opinion)

Will Smith

Dirtyphonics

Looks like Will Smith and Jazzy Jeff were pretty close to playing last year. Would have been perfect for an afternoon on the pyramid stage. Scheduling must be a nightmare for him!

http://www.nme.com/news/music/will-smith-and-jazzy-jeff-for-glastonbury-2017-1855548

Rush.

OK they've retired. But hopefully only from touring. If The Stones were worth £2m I'm sure Rush could be made an offer that they can't refuse. (They're third after The Beatles and The Stones (in the US) in terms of rock band gold and platinum album sales). I'd hope they'd consider doing a one off show, if not for the payday then for the exposure. A real pity they'd probably be considered not mainstream enough over here.

Also still waiting for Jeff Beck.

David Gilmour would have been immense but he retired last year (and probably still holds a grudge).

The Kinks could still happen I hope (more likely than The Jam reuniting), but would they really be any better than Ray Davies was with that choir?

Guns 'n' Roses.

Dire Straits (or just Mark Knopfler).

Kate Bush.

Roger Waters (before he dies from touring).

Tim Minchin for a Cabaret slot.

15 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

Rush.

OK they've retired. But hopefully only from touring. If The Stones were worth £2m I'm sure Rush could be made an offer that they can't refuse. (They're third after The Beatles and The Stones (in the US) in terms of rock band gold and platinum album sales). I'd hope they'd consider doing a one off show, if not for the payday then for the exposure. A real pity they'd probably be considered not mainstream enough over here.

Also still waiting for Jeff Beck.

David Gilmour would have been immense but he retired last year (and probably still holds a grudge).

The Kinks could still happen I hope (more likely than The Jam reuniting), but would they really be any better than Ray Davies was with that choir?

Guns 'n' Roses.

Dire Straits (or just Mark Knopfler).

Kate Bush.

Roger Waters (before he dies from touring).

Tim Minchin for a Cabaret slot.

Tim Minchin has played leeds festival before so fingers crossed he will do glastonbury

admittedly... long shot mind

God, just loads...

But as a scattershot response of a few:

Nils Frahm (headlining the Park, clearly)
Loney Dear
Conor Oberst
Aiden Knight (played to 12 people in WG last year - bloody criminal as he is SOOO good)
Panda Bear
Rival Consoles live set in Genosys/Temple/Arcadia - ugh!
A Winged Victory for the Sullen
Sons of Noel and Adrian

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22

51 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Neutral Milk Hotel would be perfect for me, alas, it won't happen

Lordy, I tried to fall in love with them when I knew they were headlining Green Man a few years ago. But, try as I did, they always felt a bit light and insipid to me.

In the end, we sacked them off and ended up seeing all three third stage headliners that year:

Teleman - East India Youth - Lanterns on the Lake

Possibly my favourite ever triumvirate of headliners at a single festival.

:)

Ben

2 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Sure @tevaburger will confirm either way but I'm pretty sure he's said their own festival in America clashes once again with Glastonbury. Seems to happen most years (IIRC, 2019 it doesn't). 

Bastards. Organising their own festival and entertaining their own fans. No need.

9 hours ago, Tommy101 said:

Is there a reason why they're unlikely? They seem perfect for the Other Stage whilst basking in the Sun.

For me:

Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes (many other heavier bands who's genre is the most overlooked in my opinion)

Will Smith

Dirtyphonics

Bugger, I missed the unlikely bit; there is hope then, though no idea if they're around etc....

9 hours ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Green Day, Paramore, Michael Jackson, Hands Like Houses, Halestorm, Beautiful Bodies, Chvrches and Bastille to name a few.

Saw the latter two last year but I love them live so juts want to see it all over again.

Oh, and The Killers.

20170113_192921.jpg