Unlikely acts you'd love to see

kalifire

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/13/2017 at 1:04 PM, bennyhana22 said:

Lordy, I tried to fall in love with them when I knew they were headlining Green Man a few years ago. But, try as I did, they always felt a bit light and insipid to me.

In the end, we sacked them off and ended up seeing all three third stage headliners that year:

Teleman - East India Youth - Lanterns on the Lake

Possibly my favourite ever triumvirate of headliners at a single festival.

:)

Ben

Off to see Teleman on Monday night Ben - should I be expecting good things?

7 hours ago, Quark said:

Off to see Teleman on Monday night Ben - should I be expecting good things?

I certainly hope so, Quark.

I've seen them twice - 2013 on the Lake Stage (up and coming, essentially) and they were pretty ordinary, if I'm honest. The sound set up was a bit crap, but they didn't seem hugely well rehearsed! In fairness, it was very early in their time a a band together and pre-first record.

Then the 3rd stage headline slot at Green Man in 2014 and Oh Yes! Sound was phenomenal (the East India Youth headline set on that stage on the Saturday was one of my favourite ever festival sets for sound) and they were toight as a toiger. Their sound is...er...consistent (rather than one-dimensional!), but the songwriting is usually so good as to carry the material to infectious levels.

I'd really like to see them again, especially at Glastonbury. Not sure when that third album is coming but the first two are consistently great bits of indie pop with a nice healthy dollop of Krautrock.

Hope you have a smashing time. Post-gig report expected, please...

:)

Ben

On ‎20‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 4:56 PM, Familiar2billions said:

Ive got to go with Rancid too. Ive been going to punk shows and plenty of festivals since i was 15 (now 30) and they are the one punk band i still haven't seen!

Also wouldn't mind some Less Than Jake and Drop Kick Murphys. Am i righy in thinking its been a while since a well established american punk band has been on the bill apart from Anti Flag a couple of years back?

LTJ and DKM both played Glastonbury back in 2002. Very unlikely now I'd say.

On 13/01/2017 at 11:04 AM, balti-pie said:

Rammstein. It's always rammstein. Seen them 5 or 6 times, they're never anything less than amazing - ideally they'd be headlining Avalon or the JP but they'd need to rein in the fire/pyro too much so maybe West Holts would be most appropriate. 

So yeah, Rammstein then 

they could headline the Pyramid, couldn't they? Although some purists surely would revolt 

1 hour ago, rzwodezwo said:

they could headline the Pyramid, couldn't they? Although some purists surely would revolt 

Of course they COULD - But I'm seeing this question as to how I would like to see them. I mean ideally it'd be the Hell stage, but realistically with the kind of appeal Rammstein would have at Glastonbury, we'd be looking at Other headliners at very very best. But imagine all those flamethrowers at the JP :lol::lol::lol: