Coldplay, what to expect?

ten2doc

Now I know Coldplay ain't everyone's bag but the few times i've seen them they've been pretty good. I've got a funny feeling we might see something special from them this year. There's no doubt there's a bromance between Chris Martin and Michael Eavis. They pushed the boat out for each other in 2011 with the projections, fireworks and confetti.  Coldplay are known for taking a financial hit to make their gigs that little visually better. Will they have done the same this year? What will get for the Sunday night crescendo?... I think we might get their L.E.D wristbands they used for their tour in 2012, more fireworks, lasers, confetti than we've every seen at Glastonbury. Should be a great spectacle.

Edited by ten2doc
typos

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope they pull out all the stops again, they did a great job last time round and for all their detractors they are guaranteed to bring an enthusiastic set that the crowd on the night will enjoy.  I expect that the top end of the bill is going to be clash city, but if they were the best option on Sunday night I don't expect I'd walk away disappointed with the spectacle.

Whatever happens they should bring their Pyramid projector back, that was ace.

24 minutes ago, ten2doc said:

Now I know Coldplay ain't everyone's bag but the few times i've seen them they've been pretty good. I've got a funny feeling we might see something special from them this year. There's no doubt there's a bromance between Chris Martin and Michael Eavis. They pushed the boat out for each other in 2011 with the projections, fireworks and confetti.  Coldplay are known for taking a financial hit to make their gigs that little visually better. Will they have done the same this year? What will get for the Sunday night crescendo?... I think we might get their L.E.D wristbands they used for their tour in 2012, more fireworks, lasers, confetti than we've every seen at Glastonbury. Should be a great spectacle.

For the litterpickers' sake there'd better not be any bloody confetti getting anywhere off the stage :mad:

1 minute ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

For the litterpickers' sake there'd better not be any bloody confetti getting anywhere off the stage :mad:

shit, i've just remember we've all signed pledge. Leave no trace, does that include Chris Martin?

27 minutes ago, ten2doc said:

I think we might get their L.E.D wristbands they used for their tour in 2012

I really doubt it. At their shows they were giving them out on the door and asking for them back upon leaving. This wont be possible at glastonbury for obvious reasons. Its a nice idea but just impractical for G.

Special guests though. I expect Beyonce for that god awful hymn song. Noel Gallagher maybe for their collab. Their cover of Heroes. And lots of over the top fireworks etc. 

7 minutes ago, ten2doc said:

shit, i've just remember we've all signed pledge. Leave no trace, does that include Chris Martin?

Chris Martin only uses fair trade, organic, hand picked, artisanal confetti that has been blessed by nepalese monks.

12 minutes ago, T-Mouse said:

I really doubt it. At their shows they were giving them out on the door and asking for them back upon leaving. This wont be possible at glastonbury for obvious reasons. Its a nice idea but just impractical for G.

May be a new thing to collect them as there was no request to hand them in after the Emirates gig we went to 2012.  I still have one....which for a while used to light up randomly every now and then...never found out why.

Seem to remember some suggestions that the Xyloband project was having problems so perhaps that's why they now recover them.

14 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I expect I'll be somewhere else.

I will definitely be elsewhere, and find them more vanilla than Wall's Cream of CornishTM but, like with Adele, I'm glad that Glastonbury has put together a Pyramid headliner line-up that is worthy of the world's most famous festival.

And without me there there's even more room at the Pyramid for people to have a good time**

:)

Ben

**#notbeingsarcastic!

37 minutes ago, T-Mouse said:

Special guests though. I expect Beyonce for that god awful hymn song. Noel Gallagher maybe for their collab. Their cover of Heroes. And lots of over the top fireworks etc. 

I think Rihanna will be there too, considering she has the Sunday of Glastonbury off during her UK too. Unless this is completely coincidental, which I doubt highly.

I think they are doing that paint powder stuff out of cannons now, probably biodegradable and cow friendly? Would be cool if they had them all the way up the pyramid field not just for the front few rows

I have a fond memory of seeing Chris Martin in the Theatre and Circus area with his kids.

No one bothered him, people just said hi and he and the kids looked so relaxed and happy. A cool Glastonbury moment

Not bothered about seeing them this time around as last time following a sunny evening performance by Elbow just seemed about as good as it could possibly get for Coldplay. But for those who've not seen them on the Pyramid before I'm sure they'll do a great job

27 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Camp #RightBazza have denied it, and Emily said she knew nothing about it (or any other special guests for that matter).

So at the minute it's just wait and see...

Are you saying #Rightbazza is camp and has denied it, or just the people who manage him? :P