Coldplay, what to expect?

ten2doc

The xylobands makes sense with the rumor that all three headliners have something special lined up (although detractors probably could argue they're polishing a turd somewhat), with Muse its nearly expected but makes me wonder what Adele has planned. 

Edited by addicted2noise

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, addicted2noise said:

The xylobands makes sense with the rumor that all three headliners have something special lined up (although detractors probably could argue they're polishing a turd somewhat), with Muse its nearly expected but makes me wonder what Adele has planned

Some upbeat, happy songs perchance?

10 hours ago, giantkatestacks said:

Surely thay would make you buy them from the Oxfam tent or some such as a tie-in?

Hmm great idea but can't see it - far too many wouldn't bother I would have thought.

4 hours ago, John the Moth said:

In my imagination they'll just have bucket loads on the stage, sound tower, edges etc. and toss them into the crowd once the it looks settled after the sub, that's what I'd do.

Handing them out at the gates strikes me as impractical, half won't make it to the field.

I guess they could do this but i would imagine again far too many would miss out on having them, especially in the middle etc.

Who knows how they'll manage it (if indeed this is happening). Either way, not long until we find out!

aye, I watched the radio one thing, and I just cringed all the way through. They used to be so cool 10 years ago or more when i first saw them at Glastonbury

all I could think was would he please stop[ dad dancing around the stage. not for me I am afraid. 

That's the setlist from 2002. I would have went to see that setlist on the Sunday. 
Edited by Alan_C

Just now, Alan_C said:

damn them for releasing five albums in the 14 years since then!

Just now, FloorFiller said:

damn them for releasing five albums in the 14 years since then!

It's the quality of them. To be fair I don't mind a few songs here and there since then, but some of the latest stuff is fucking rubbish.

1 minute ago, Alan_C said:

It's the quality of them. To be fair I don't mind a few songs here and there since then, but some of the latest stuff is fucking rubbish.

yeah totally agree. X&Y was a bit of a retread of A Rush of Blood, thought Viva La Vida was very good, but everything since has been pretty awful. stupidly bought my mum their latest for her birthday and i'm sick of hearing it - so dull

26 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

:mellow:

maybe longer than 10 years ago, 1994 was  yesterday to me. 

I have seen them twice on the pyramid and both times they were awesome. watching them on TV the other night just made me cringe

Quite the depressing thread! I'm excited for them. :lol:

Regardless think Glasto did a great job with the scheduling to put both LCD and EWF at the same slot. Obv LCD after 5 years reuniting and EWF being such a rare act it gives something great for everyone. I do with EWF was another time slot for my own greedy ways, but I will just go with the flow and see where I land. 

• 2 weeks later...

I remember when U2 had something special planned. Didn't it turn out to be Bono's piddling walk way? And one video? I don't trust bands that say this for festivals, logistics make it very difficult to pull off. Although I must admit I was impressed with Kanye's cherry picker... it's a shame it took him a false start and 5 minutes to get up there.