Weather 2016

Keithy

I'd take 2015 weather any year.  It pissed down for 2-3 hours on Friday afternoon but that was about it.  Dried up quickly.

Can't remember which year was the wettest I've been to, but it may have been 2011?  Was that when it rained on and off for the first 3.5 days then was red-hot on Sunday?  I know it lashed it down on Friday night that year.  I was watching Cee Lo Green and it's the wettest I've ever been.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was also raining on Sunday morning last year. I was going to go watch the dali lama but couldn't be arsed trudging up to the stone circle  getting wet and cold.

I decided a coffee and a bachelors pasta made over an open fire whilst listening to worthy fm was the better option at the time.

All that said, I'd take last year's weather in a heartbeat 

We I hope we don't get what we've just had in the Peak District today.

Sun, biting winds, rain, hail, sun, cloud, more wind, then Thundersnow which dumped about 2 inches in ten mins!

13055345_10207700306798556_8350944154767727678_n.jpg

13102693_10207700303078463_5362539996475634483_n.jpg

7 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Not really rain. More of a mild drizzle.

You probably got up a bit later than me. I had a shift starting at 8am and it was chucking it down first thing before gradually getting better.

1 hour ago, shuttlep said:

was in 04 or 05 when it flooded?

i am not sure I coudl handle that again I am old and now infirm

2005 was the year of the great flood

flood6.jpg

Many people lost all their belongings and their tents and just quit the site. We had one group who made their way up the hill past our encampment and we took them in, found them space in our tents and had a whip round to give them some cash to keep going.

In many ways it really brought about the Glastonbury Spirit of people helping each other out in difficult times.

1 hour ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Can't remember which year was the wettest I've been to, but it may have been 2011?  Was that when it rained on and off for the first 3.5 days then was red-hot on Sunday?  I know it lashed it down on Friday night that year.  I was watching Cee Lo Green and it's the wettest I've ever been.

Yeah, that's the year. It was really wet on the Wednesday as we were all trecking in so that qas a mare. But one I was set up and the featival got going,  i didn't actually think it was too bad on the whole. 

On 13/03/2016 at 9:29 AM, Keithy said:

As we're down to 99 days now, seems rude not to start up the Weather thread and fill it with 11 weeks of speculation until we get the more accurate forecasts a week or two out :lol:

http://www.theweatheroutlook.com/twoforecasts/daily-ultra-long-range.aspx?page=3

Looks like there's been another strong El Nino this year

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2016/mar/14/february-breaks-global-temperature-records-by-shocking-amount

Would be great to have a repeat of last year, was pretty much perfect for me.

Must go and see what the Azore's finger is up to this year

can I just point out it is pouring down with sleet outside. I am so depressed and have no faith. getting my ski gear out for glastonbury. sod moving it to longleet .  I want south of France please. moooooaaaaan over. 

16 minutes ago, MrHew said:

Yeah, that's the year. It was really wet on the Wednesday as we were all trecking in so that qas a mare. But one I was set up and the featival got going,  i didn't actually think it was too bad on the whole. 

I'd forgotten about the rain on the way in and the massive queue to ped gate D.  That was awful.  Stewarding got it a bit wrong that year and so many people fell on the off camber bit at the top of the climb to the gate itself.  Helped so many strangers pushing barrows, sledges, slipping over etc.  Awful.

14 hours ago, grumpyhack said:

2005 was the year of the great flood

flood6.jpg

Many people lost all their belongings and their tents and just quit the site. We had one group who made their way up the hill past our encampment and we took them in, found them space in our tents and had a whip round to give them some cash to keep going.

In many ways it really brought about the Glastonbury Spirit of people helping each other out in difficult times.

the guy neck deep always gets me 

wet and wild.bmp

19 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

I'd take 2015 weather any year.  It pissed down for 2-3 hours on Friday afternoon but that was about it.  Dried up quickly.

2011 was a mere damp squib to 1997 and 2007 my first two festivals