Pink Floyd?

Woffy

9 hours ago, russycarps said:

yeah waters setlists are mindblowing at the moment. Having him close that festival was absolutely the right thing to do.

Cant wait for that tour to come to europe. Shame it will cost £100+ to see it...

I guess gilmour isnt comfortable playing a gig full of songs that someone else wrote (apart from his wife)

I guess Waters isn't comfortable playing a gig full of solo songs that nobody else listens to (apart from his wife)!

2 hours ago, Quark said:

Mine keeps changing Woffy to Wifey. Have to watch out for that one.

It also once changed an entire message from "love you, be home soon" to "already smashed so going to stay out in town"

"Love you, but not smashed enough to fully appreciate this Floyd documentary. I'll be in the garden for a bit. When I come back in:

Don't talk to me 'til it's finished. 

Do periodically wipe the drool off my chin"

1 minute ago, Woffy said:

"Love you, but not smashed enough to fully appreciate this Floyd documentary. I'll be in the garden for a bit. When I come back in:

Don't talk to me 'til it's finished. 

Do periodically wipe the drool off my chin"

:lol:

Are you certain we've not met? You appear to have my card marked sir.

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

How come Pink Floyd never played Glastonbury?  Did they ever approach the festival?

If strong rumours have it, they were very close to playing in 2008

I attended that year.

I would have died and gone straight to heaven.

The Roger Waters set in 2002 still stands as possibly the best live performance I've ever seen, and at the time I only had a vague interest in Pink Floyd/the solo stuff. I think it was the first year with the extra speakers, and they were put up just before he went on. I still vividly recall the sound of jets flying overhead that was so realistic there was a reverse mexican wave where the entire crowd ducked from right to left, because the surround sound was so good. Amazing stuff!

9 minutes ago, paulshane said:

The Roger Waters set in 2002 still stands as possibly the best live performance I've ever seen, and at the time I only had a vague interest in Pink Floyd/the solo stuff. I think it was the first year with the extra speakers, and they were put up just before he went on. I still vividly recall the sound of jets flying overhead that was so realistic there was a reverse mexican wave where the entire crowd ducked from right to left, because the surround sound was so good. Amazing stuff!

And then he was completely blown away by the artist who followed him.