Acid_Haze

Not quite but a respectable fifth (behind messers Smith, Sheeran, Ezra and Swift) as far as I can tell

Swift by some distance the one with some actual spark to her music.

Anyway, while there are obviously some humungous ifs and buts to caveat this, PRN is probably the only recent headliner with form for secret sets / aftershow parties in tiny venues once the main gig is finished.

• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

Okay I've kind of understood why Glasto hasn't released the lineup yet, but if they are waiting the stupid purple guy to confirm in June, then I will crack it.

I don't care how good Glasto think he is, one guys ego is not cause to delay the announcement by 6 weeks. It's arrogant and plain disrespectful.

I know everyone knows it's not about the lineup and that there's so much more to Glasto. But I feel that the music still remains the biggest and best thing about the festival and having paid 220 pounds for the privilege to attend, I think I deserve to be able to research and listen to the variety of bands that I will be seeing so I can better enjoy my festival.

Surely it's not too hard to release a few names now, just to get the ball rolling and give us something other than 3 acts..

Anyway, that's the end of my rant haha.

We won't have to wait until June. That rumour is based on one discredited source who as far as I know has never got it right and always gets it wrong. If they can't reveal the third headliner until June, so be it. But they won't keep the poster of names from us for very much longer, I'm sure of that. It would be lunacy for them to hold off everything until June, and even though they're bigger than their line-up, it would damage their reputation and cause them - rightly or wrongly - to lose a considerable amount of interest from people who are quite happy not to participate in a guessing game having paid over £200, and would rather go somewhere where it's clearer what they'll get.

The Eavii aren't stupid. They know their ideological preference doesn't work in today's world of demanding consumers and social media outrage. I'm very confident they won't keep us hanging for another couple of months, although I can easily see them leaving it until the week after next.

Edited by kalifire

I'd be surprised if we had anything pre resale.

I don't get the moaning from people saying they want to research on bands before the festival. You'll still get plenty of time to do that and there's a shit load of self confirms on the rumours page to get your teeth into.

If we get it the week after re-sale, I'll be happy and I think it's a good move.

Anything later than early May though is only really 6 weeks before the festival, and with the hundreds of acts playing, it's going to be hard to find the time to have a good listen to them all.

Also, and I know I may be in the minority here, I think it's disrespectful towards everyone who's paid to let the refund date come and go without giving any further details. I wouldn't make a huge fuss and start a petition about it by any means, and everyone will still go and the festival will be amazing. I'm not questioning any of that. I just think it would right decision for them to give ticket holders a chance to opt for a refund based on more details than they've announced so far, if those ticket holders foolishly decided to get their money back.

Edited by kalifire

Pretty sure Halvin will be ok, he will get it a bit before and be embargoed but plenty time relatively speaking to get it copy and pasted from gfl spreadsheet

That's good to hear. The mans a hero.

Edited by sime

Also, and I know I may be in the minority here, I think it's disrespectful towards everyone who's paid to let the refund date come and go without giving any further details. I wouldn't make a huge fuss and start a petition about it by any means, and everyone will still go and the festival will be amazing. I'm not questioning any of that. I just think it would right decision for them to give ticket holders a chance to opt for a refund based on more details than they've announced so far, if those ticket holders foolishly decided to get their money back.

I find it very unlikely that they would do that.

I'll be interested to see how this year plays out and how it affects people's attitude towards next year. If the festival did decide that they would keep the lineup under wraps until gates open one year it would be fascinating to see how tickets sold.

Good morning, Waapster, what a nice start to the day! :)

I'll be gardening all day today, so hope it stays warm and dry. Have a good one!

Just come off my last night shift of the week, told it's going to piss down the weekend, so it's gardening for me today as well :)

Just come off my last night shift of the week, told it's going to piss down the weekend, so it's gardening for me today as well :)

Careful, chaps! The doctor on the telly has warned me to stay indoors and not physically exert myself due to the super-pollution happening today. Oh well. I guess I'll have to watch films, listen to music and obsess over festival line ups all day, then. Again!

I find it very unlikely that they would do that.

I'll be interested to see how this year plays out and how it affects people's attitude towards next year. If the festival did decide that they would keep the lineup under wraps until gates open one year it would be fascinating to see how tickets sold.

Yeah, they'll announce some names in May I reckon, after the resales and before the refund date. I really don't think its such an issue at the moment.

That would be a great little experiment to try, I'd still a buy a ticket, be ace walking through the gates getting the programme seeing whos playing. They'd have to let me on the Monday though, I'd need 2 days to go through it and see who I wanna see...