The National

Zoo Music Girl

12 hours ago, ivan said:

I think they will put Biffy up against Ed !

They won't 

12 hours ago, ivan said:

And I think The National will headline The Other on the Saturday.

Cant see why The XX would headline The Other again .

Because The XX haven't officially headlined it yet, TSP were the headliners and not by much but had a longer set.

11 hours ago, ivan said:

Having headlined Latitude last year and it looks like being a one off gig for them I don't see em accepting anything than a headline slot .  

I will go with The National headlining The Other on the Saturday with Alt-j Subbing em.  

Looking at the poster Alt-j are quite low down .

There isn't a scheme to it and by that logic then Major Lazer aren't headlining Other Stage and they will be.

On 31/03/2017 at 8:55 AM, McCor said:

This is an education

Watched this yesterday on a massive hangover. What a bloody gig that is!!

Anything close to that at Glastonbury would be spectacular. I'm just thinking (hoping) that they will headliner Other Stage Sunday night . No other tour announced as of yet and no new album to promote to me at least seem like two reasons to be given a top slot on a stage. 

Guest Room almost broke into my top 10 this weekend - ace song!

Still in shock that they're playing, planning to listen to them all day at work today to celebrate :D

FWIW, I think they will headline Other on Sunday with The XX subbing Radiohead and Biffy subbing Foos.

Is anyone else's Spotify fucked when trying to listen to Trouble Will Find Me? For some reason, I Live In A Salt is a live version but the rest of the album is the normal studio version?

Not that much of a problem mind, it's a good live version, just killing my OCD slightly.

Edit: Scratch that, it seems the whole album is live? Weird.

Edited by Johnkhutch

1 hour ago, Johnkhutch said:

Is anyone else's Spotify fucked when trying to listen to Trouble Will Find Me? For some reason, I Live In A Salt is a live version but the rest of the album is the normal studio version?

Not that much of a problem mind, it's a good live version, just killing my OCD slightly.

Edit: Scratch that, it seems the whole album is live? Weird.

This is The Last Time, was live for me the other day. Very odd yeah.

4 minutes ago, James96 said:

This is The Last Time, was live for me the other day. Very odd yeah.

Very strange, I've tweeted Spotify so hopefully get some form of explanation.  Be nice to have the live and studio option! Listening to Boxer now and Slow Show is live too!

Edited by Johnkhutch

6 minutes ago, Johnkhutch said:

Very strange, I've tweeted Spotify so hopefully get some form of explanation.  Be nice to have the live and studio option! Listening to Boxer now and Slow Show is live too!

Sounds like you might have downloaded a live recording and your Spotify is set to include local files.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Listened to trouble will find me a few times since poster dropped. 

Much like alligator it's took me a while but what an album! Always liked it but had it down as not quite as good as the others but it's properly grown like alligator did. 

Still think it's too long and would benefit from losing two or three songs but couldn't pick which ones so that's a minor criticism. 

I don't, however, get the massive love-in on here for pink rabbits. Yes it's a good song but I wouldn't even have it in my top five on that album. And it'd be nowhere near a top thirty national songs for me. 

I agree with this, I've always really rated TWFM but in the last year or so it's gone from being a level below Boxer and High Violet to every bit as good as them for me. I'll be listening to them loads in the run up to the festival so it'll be interesting to see if it stays there. It's only when you go back and listen to a few of their albums that you remember just how amazing they are, such a high level of consistency. 

Kind of agree on Pink Rabbits too. I think it's a great song but far from my favourite on the album. 

6 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Much like alligator it's took me a while but what an album! Always liked it but had it down as not quite as good as the others but it's properly grown like alligator did. 

I don't, however, get the massive love-in on here for pink rabbits. Yes it's a good song but I wouldn't even have it in my top five on that album. And it'd be nowhere near a top thirty national songs for me. 

I think its because Pink Rabbits is the most "it took me a while" song in this album, therefore its the-most-The-National-song in there, if that makes sense.. 

13 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Still think it's too long and would benefit from losing two or three songs but couldn't pick which ones so that's a minor criticism. 

Best song on the album by far tbh.

4 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Was looking at set lists from 2016...... Do they not play Mistaken For Strangers anymore?!

They were still playing pretty heavily from Trouble Will Find Me last year so I imagine the setlist will look quite different for us and may include stuff they weren't previously playing, although that said, are we expecting new material before the festival or are they still gonna be doing TWFM + some new unreleased songs?

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

They were still playing pretty heavily from Trouble Will Find Me last year so I imagine the setlist will look quite different for us and may include stuff they weren't previously playing, although that said, are we expecting new material before the festival or are they still gonna be doing TWFM + some new unreleased songs?

I'm not expecting anything new to be released so probably just 2-3 new ones and then the usual stuff. It'll be 4 years since TWFM came out though so I'd be a bit disappointed if the setlist mainly comes from that, even if just a few posts above this there's a post by me lauding that album :lol:

I listened to some of the new ones they've been playing live over the last year yesterday and I wasn't too into them, most were pro-shots too rather than just poor recordings. I'll probably think differently when proper versions get released though. 

1 minute ago, kingcrawler said:

I'm not expecting anything new to be released so probably just 2-3 new ones and then the usual stuff. It'll be 4 years since TWFM came out though so I'd be a bit disappointed if the setlist mainly comes from that, even if just a few posts above this there's a post by me lauding that album :lol:

I listened to some of the new ones they've been playing live over the last year yesterday and I wasn't too into them, most were pro-shots too rather than just poor recordings. I'll probably think differently when proper versions get released though. 

Since they were announced I'd had it in my head that it'd be touring a new album but now I realise they'd have to announce and release it in the next two months which doesn't seem too likely unless they're gonna drop it from nowhere, and I do seem to recall them saying it wasn't gonna be released this year (or was that last year? I duno).

Aye hoping for a more mixed bag setlist than TWFM heavy - seems a bit silly playing so heavily from a four year old album really.

Just now, ghostdancer1 said:

when they played Longitude last year (and possibly Latitude?) they had Lisa Hannigan with them to sing I Need My Girl. if she's on the same day,  could see he doing that again at Glastonbury.

Lauren Mayberry at Latitude

15 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Since they were announced I'd had it in my head that it'd be touring a new album but now I realise they'd have to announce and release it in the next two months which doesn't seem too likely unless they're gonna drop it from nowhere, and I do seem to recall them saying it wasn't gonna be released this year (or was that last year? I duno).

Aye hoping for a more mixed bag setlist than TWFM heavy - seems a bit silly playing so heavily from a four year old album really.

I think that was last year. I've been expecting later this year but seems far too quiet for a summer release.

It's not even just that, playing evenly across the four big albums means missing out loads of great songs never mind focusing on one of them.

This is a bit over an hour but with Matt's shenanigans probably only a couple short of the sort of thing I'd expect we'd be seeing:

1. Bloodbuzz Ohio
  2. Don't Swallow the Cap
  3. ** new song **
  4. England
  5. Pink Rabbits
  6. ** new song **
  7. All the Wine
  8. Abel
  9. I Need My Girl
  10. Slow Show
  11. Conversation 16
  12. ** new song **