Acoustic stage 2024

Crazyfool01

8 minutes ago, danmarks said:

A version of the Sweet are still touring. Have played the Cheese and Grain. Must be a sign!

Yes, was expensive. Seen them before and they were great. 

About time Glastonbury returned to it's glam roots

Edited by fred quimby

4 hours ago, Johnnyseven said:

The Sweet did a song called Fox on the Run, if it's the same song it's a massive banger.

Bloody love the Sweet - my first obsession aged about 9 or 10.  But I don't think it's the same song.

And last year, when I was on a cruise, Brian Connolly Jnr appeared on the bill.    I was fearing a naff tribute act complete with blonde wig.  But no he was actually really good, very entertaining in his own right with just a nod to his dad.  Sorry - probably a bit off topic, not going to be at Glasto!

16 hours ago, shuttlep said:

if he does the speech I am there

That and then the band do the Romper Stomper soundtrack.

Just before slightly down the hill they show Romper Stomper in The Pilton Palais?.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I cannot believe that in the year of our Lord 2024 that the best Saturday night option at Glastonbury Festival of Performing Arts this year is Ocean Colour Scene. Jesus f**king Christ!

Jessie Ware and her enormous disco bangers is still a cut above Fanny Craddock and the lads bringing out the acoustics.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, DJL said:

This puts me off a bit to be honest. I don’t mind a bit of acoustic during the day and I like OCS but I can’t picture watching an acoustic act as my Saturday night headliner

a lot of the acts on acoustic don't play acoustically. an OCS acoustic set is probably simon and oscar. 

7 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I cannot believe that in the year of our Lord 2024 that the best Saturday night option at Glastonbury Festival of Performing Arts this year is Ocean Colour Scene. Jesus f**king Christ!

Not even really Ocean Colour Scene... Ocean Colour Scene acoustic.

I have the same issue.

16 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Talking of weird headliners, did anyone see Mantra Of The Cosmos last year, headlining Glade?

It was the unknown Shaun Ryder thing?

1 hour ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I Am Maximus! I very rarely bet, but thanks to the Acoustic booking Russell Crowe inspired wager, I’m a winner! I Am Maximus!! 

Yep and me, very chuffed, I better go and see the Man himself now!

7 minutes ago, Sack truck said:

Simon and Oscar in the midst of an acoustic tour at the moment so will likely be that ?

I saw Steve Cradock sharing this on his socials so I think it’s the full band. He doesn’t really do acoustic. I reckon it’ll be close to a regular set. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, deepkittycaz said:

Talking of weird headliners, did anyone see Mantra Of The Cosmos last year, headlining Glade?

It was the unknown Shaun Ryder thing?

They didn't headline Glade, they played in the evening. I left War on Drugs to see them and wished I hadn't. I stayed for 2 or 3 songs then went to see Dave Seaman at the Glade Dome. I get what they were trying to do with their sound, they just weren't doing it very well.

Edited by Johnnyseven

2 hours ago, Johnnyseven said:

They didn't headline Glade, they played in the evening. I left War on Drugs to see them and wished I hadn't. I stayed for 2 or 3 songs then went to see Dave Seaman at the Glade Dome. I get what they were trying to do with their sound, they just weren't doing it very well.

Ooh, I didn't miss anything then! 

I think they were technically the headliner that night, although they weren't the last act on! All the acts in white were the Glade headliners last year.

Screenshot_20240414-113124.png

On 4/12/2024 at 8:49 PM, fred quimby said:

Yes, was expensive. Seen them before and they were great. 

About time Glastonbury returned to it's glam roots

Interesting thing about the Sweet. Their glam pop rock singles were good but the b sides of each single had some good heavy rock tracks. Brian Connolly the original lead singer always said they loved playing and recording them, better than the ballroom blitz style of songs.