Secret Sets 2024!

Billy Shears

On 4/25/2024 at 6:51 PM, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

His Wild God Tour doesn't start until September in Germany. 

So, he is in the neighbourhood and from now until September he has one mother of a Glastonbury shaped hole. 

Chances are extremely high.

I would love nick cave to play but I'm not expecting it. I don't think we can say the chances are extremely high. 

Not that it is particularly relevant but I don't think Micheal Eavis likes him. Seem to remember reading somewhere that he didn't want him back at the festival (he has played the pyramid since I read that for sure).

10 hours ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

I would love nick cave to play but I'm not expecting it. I don't think we can say the chances are extremely high. 

Not that it is particularly relevant but I don't think Micheal Eavis likes him. Seem to remember reading somewhere that he didn't want him back at the festival (he has played the pyramid since I read that for sure).

Sorry, I have actually no idea or intel or anything. It was my attempt at parodying common eFest tropes... 😅

Altho, I had no idea ME didn't think too much of the Cave, would be curious as to why!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 4/27/2024 at 8:41 AM, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Sorry, I have actually no idea or intel or anything. It was my attempt at parodying common eFest tropes... 😅

Altho, I had no idea ME didn't think too much of the Cave, would be curious as to why!

There’s a lot of folks who’ve gone off Cave. ME seems to be a good judge of character. 

Edited by Colorblindjames

1 minute ago, Colorblindjames said:

What about the XX? 2 onsite. 

That'd be class imo. I saw them in 2017/2019 (can't remember which haha), just as the sun was coming down on the pyramid. It was glorious. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2024 at 3:40 PM, Drew3232 said:

What are the chances tho?

Fat, slim and zero

On 4/25/2024 at 6:51 PM, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

His Wild God Tour doesn't start until September in Germany. 

So, he is in the neighbourhood and from now until September he has one mother of a Glastonbury shaped hole. 

Chances are extremely high.

Loooool

On 4/30/2024 at 7:55 PM, Colorblindjames said:

What about the XX? 2 onsite. 

Not yet. They haven't played live for 6 years. First gig back isn't going to be a secret gig at Glasto. 

I think they are writing stuff though so I think they will likely start playing live next year. But even then jaimie is going to need to finish promoting his new album. They'll be back one day though I'm sure. 

51 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

ive heard mentions of Kasabian cant remember where 

Kasabian seem the most plausible name so far. Touring, headlining latitude + got their own big gig to sell so there is a reason for them not to be on the poster. Could do with the positive press. Big enough that enough people would be excited not so big that you couldn't manage the crowd. 

3 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

ive heard mentions of Kasabian cant remember where 

2 hours ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Kasabian seem the most plausible name so far. Touring, headlining latitude + got their own big gig to sell so there is a reason for them not to be on the poster. Could do with the positive press. Big enough that enough people would be excited not so big that you couldn't manage the crowd. 

Fits perfectly into that Woodsies afternoon slot, George Ezra etc style. Plus their album is out 14th June so it fits that too.

I saw them at Kendal Calling last year and I think they're way better now Serge is frontman. Was a great set. Plus I'm loving the new stuff, especially the most recent track. 

Edited by efcfanwirral

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

Fits perfectly into that Woodsies afternoon slot, George Ezra etc style. Plus their album is out 14th June so it fits that too.

I saw them at Kendal Calling last year and I think they're way better now Serge is frontman. Was a great set. Plus I'm loving the new stuff, especially the most recent track. 

Yeah think it was Woodsies mentioned