Secret Sets 2024!

Billy Shears

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

People hoping for Stevie Nicks and getting Kasabian is very much the 2024 vibe.

Think people are saying Kasabian for Woodsies...not Pyramid...

I personally think KoL will the Churnups slot and it will be excellent. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

I saw them at Kendal Calling last year and I think they're way better now Serge is frontman. Was a great set. Plus I'm loving the new stuff, especially the most recent track. 

That’s good to hear, I’d lost all interest seeing them with Tom but always enjoyed the music more than the vocals, I might give them a go if they play, clash/shift permitting.

6 minutes ago, DJL said:

That’s good to hear, I’d lost all interest seeing them with Tom but always enjoyed the music more than the vocals, I might give them a go if they play, clash/shift permitting.

I actively disliked them with him. Its definitely more musical focus and I feel Serge is a much more likeable frontman. Would recommend checking them out if you like their music either at Glastonbury or somewhere else (and catching up on the post-Tom music too). I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. 

Tent will be perfect for them too, it needs the lights/rave type atmosphere

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Superscally said:

Pulp in a churnups slot makes a lot of sense for all concerned unless they're maybe headlining Other, which is the most logical other one...

Tbf Glastonbury would be a decent way for them to do their only UK show, given their nearest to here booked for '24 so far is in Amsterdam.

5 hours ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Kasabian seem the most plausible name so far. Touring, headlining latitude + got their own big gig to sell so there is a reason for them not to be on the poster. Could do with the positive press. Big enough that enough people would be excited not so big that you couldn't manage the crowd. 

Very much having a “see where the weekend takes me” Glastonbury (and everything will depend on shifts anyway) but Kasabian on Woodsies is one I’d 100% make the effort to be at 

3 hours ago, Superscally said:

makes sense to me too. Former headliners, star has waned somewhat, new material out that’s a bit more promising than recent output…if they nail a secret slot, then they’re back in the conversation to headline again (don’t really think The Killers were on the radar to headline again before that secret set, kind of see this as a similar situation)…

Edited by Toilet Duck
Typos!

47 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Tbf Glastonbury would be a decent way for them to do their only UK show, given their nearest to here booked for '24 so far is in Amsterdam.

...and secret sets under a different name are a good way to get around "exclusives"

46 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Interesting. I can't help but wonder if the fact they're doing Bristol means they won't be, but who knows.

I thought that made em more likely! 😄

25 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

makes sense to me too. Former headliners, star has waned somewhat, new material out that’s a bit more promising than recent output…if they nail a secret slot, then they’re back in the conversation to headline again (don’t really thinks Killers were on the radar to headline before that secret set, kind of see this as a similar situation)…

That's a great point...

7 hours ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Kasabian seem the most plausible name so far. Touring, headlining latitude + got their own big gig to sell so there is a reason for them not to be on the poster. Could do with the positive press. Big enough that enough people would be excited not so big that you couldn't manage the crowd. 

👆

Very excited to get a secret Glasto notification! In the last few years I’ve had it set up with zapier to get a SMS text whenever there’s a tweet from that account but that seems not to be working now. Anyone know if there’s an alternative? It was so useful on site and more reliable to get a text than trying to check Twitter 

22 hours ago, Superscally said:

Think people are saying Kasabian for Woodsies...not Pyramid...

Agreed.

20 hours ago, Toilet Duck said:

makes sense to me too. Former headliners, star has waned somewhat, new material out that’s a bit more promising than recent output…if they nail a secret slot, then they’re back in the conversation to headline again (don’t really think The Killers were on the radar to headline again before that secret set, kind of see this as a similar situation)…

There's no way KOL are headlining again unless something insane happens and they release a seriously good album. They are a fair bit under headliner nowadays, more of a strong sub - e.g. couldn't sell out APE as their only uk show a few years back (i think). Ala strokes etc.

Killers are many times bigger here - maybe they weren't a first choice but they were always big enough to do the fest again and will no doubt do it again in another 10-15 years.

Edited by gfa

Do we actually think there’ll be a Churnups style slot this year? Is this just not another example of us getting one of something and deciding it’s a new tradition; i.e The Friday Rock slot 

edit; or to word it better: us seeing patterns year to year when there are none to be seen

Edited by Andy0808 v5

22 minutes ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

Do we actually think there’ll be a Churnups style slot this year? Is this just not another example of us getting one of something and deciding it’s a new tradition; i.e The Friday Rock slot 

edit; or to word it better: us seeing patterns year to year when there are none to be seen

I think it only happened because the Foos wanted to play regardless of what slot.

I can't see the festival scoping out acts of that size 

25 minutes ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

I mean there is definitely by the number of acts for the Pyramid looks like there is one bigger slot left.

I guess the question is whether it's the churnups style thing or if they just put the act name on the line up when it comes out is the question.

Definitely a chance it will get called the churnups slot whatever happens

Edited by Ben7amin_

3 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

I mean there is definitely by the number of acts for the Pyramid looks like there is one bigger slot left.

I guess the question is whether it's the churnups style thing or if they just put the act name on the line up when it comes out is the question.

* Manifesting Pulp *

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

perhaps they will just go straight to putting Foo Fighters down in the slot this year to save on all the rumours...

6 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

I don't want to be a buzzkill but there's more acts on the poster announced for Pyramid this year than most years, more than last year anyway. I think that makes the chance of a Churnups slot this year less likely. More chance of a slot like that on the Other stage this year from what it looks like on the poster.

7 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

I don't want to be a buzzkill but there's more acts on the poster announced for Pyramid this year than most years, more than last year anyway. I think that makes the chance of a Churnups slot this year less likely. More chance of a slot like that on the Other stage this year from what it looks like on the poster.

The way I looked at it there is 4 less than the total that played last year so 1 opening act for each day and.....  1 churnups slot 

If it was 6 I'd feel differently but 4 seems an odd number for there not to  be a one off bigger act in there.  

Why else would they leave just 1 non stage opening act of the poster?

I feel this seems logical right?

Edited by Ben7amin_

24 minutes ago, nikkic said:

* Manifesting Pulp *

For the record I think its KOL and I have not checked the artists are on the right day. As well as poorly formatted which I claim is to stop people nicking this and claiming it's real....

But if we allow ourselves to dream for a second. 

Screenshot_20240513-173052_Gmail.jpg

16 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

For the record I think its KOL and I have not checked the artists are on the right day. As well as poorly formatted which I claim is to stop people nicking this and claiming it's real....

But if we allow ourselves to dream for a second. 

Screenshot_20240513-173052_Gmail.jpg

Where did you see that