Which Pyramid Headliners will you be going to watch?

plaskins

Which Pyramid Headliners will you be going to watch?  

293 members have voted

1. 1. Which Pyramid Headliners will you be going to watch?

• Dua Lipa
    • Coldplay
    • SZA
    • None

Dua Lipa & Coldplay for me.

I really want to see SZA but The National are one of my favourite bands and so I'll be going with them, however it is a tough clash for me.

The Friday night is also clashageddon for me but reckon I'd rather have a nice easy run of PJ Harvey/ LCD Soundsytem and Dua Lipa.  Will have to catch Idles and Fontaines DC on tour.

At this moment, none are attending SZA.

This reflects our group, even the young and/or pop fans simply aren't interested.

I get the feeling that she'll just be playing to the Sunday crowd and others who don't leave the Pyramid field...

None, but that isn't a reflection of the quality of the headliners. I rarely see Pyramid headliners these days. The smaller stages are just much more exciting.

none for me, but im not keen on the pyramid - i'd far rather be somewhere smaller so the act im seeing can be seen with my actual eyes, rather than via screens! No issue with any of em, love the idea of new headliners etc, they're just not for me. Ill see PJ and LCD and stay out of the field for the weekend 👍 

None, but that's fine with me. Don't really like massive crowds (but would go if it's something i'm really into) so am more than happy seeing stuff on the other stages. Not seeing a Pyramid headliner isn't going to affect how much I enjoy the festival, i'm much more interested in the electronic acts ad DJs on the likes of the Glade, SEC and Silver Hayes anyway.

2 minutes ago, -TLR- said:

seems like everyone thinks the SZA booking is great....   but nobody wants to go and see her...

Tbf this forum is probably wrong demographic for people seeing her …. As are the festivals average age though . Hope it pays off 

Just now, -TLR- said:

seems like everyone thinks the SZA booking is great....   but nobody wants to go and see her...

Yep! and admittedly i'm basing not seeing her on the top five tracks on spotify, which arent for me. Thats the limit of my research - give em a burl, see if anything draws me in, then give an album a bash all the way through, and research further if its buttering my muffins. She's failed at step one 😄

4 minutes ago, CharlotteB said:

Now that it's official I need to ask the question. I can't put it off any longer. Who is SZA? Guy, gal, genre, vegan? I'll Google them and have a listen lol

You're presumably posting this from a phone which has the ability on it to stream music.

8 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Tbf this forum is probably wrong demographic for people seeing her …. As are the festivals average age though . Hope it pays off 

well you say that, I've just done a snap shot of the youngsters in our office, and exactly 1 out of the 10 "younger" members of staff said they would go and watch Sza. So im baffled who her demographic are... To me she sounds like an ideal afternoon lazing around chillout but not something anyone wants to actually dash off and watch for some banging tracks !

15 minutes ago, -TLR- said:

ill be honest im a huge fan and im not going to see her. shes the type of act i go see at her own gig rather than headline glastonbury. at glasto you have options, its the last night. do i want to see a dreamy rnb / soul set or do i want to dance my nut off to justice? hell id go for the emotional music of the national over sza too. not a knock on sza, its just not the music id watch at night on the pyramid stage. I think the crowd will be very quiet too. 

• Like 1

Just Dua Lipa but it is fairly normal for me to only watch one Pyramid headliner. I have watched none of them in the certain years.

Edited by cp89

14 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

4 minutes ago, BeddyDriver said:

well you say that, I've just done a snap shot of the youngsters in our office, and exactly 1 out of the 10 "younger" members of staff said they would go and watch Sza. So im baffled who her demographic are... To me she sounds like an ideal afternoon lazing around chillout but not something anyone wants to actually dash off and watch for some banging tracks !

1 minute ago, TiZuff said:

ill be honest im a huge fan and im not going to see her. shes the type of act i go see at her own gig rather than headline glastonbury. at glasto you have options, its the last night. do i want to see a dreamy rnb / soul set or do i want to dance my nut off to justice? hell id go for the emotional music of the national over sza too. not a knock on sza, its just not the music id watch at night on the pyramid stage. I think the crowd will be very quiet too. 

ok, so - i've learned that:

the people here on this forum are not SZA demographic

the average person at the festival, due to their age, are not SZA demographic

a research poll, which was admittedly not done under strict scientific conditions, tells us that "younger" people would not go and see her.

and "huge fans" wont go and see her if there is something more interesting going on round the corner.

(i know all this seems like i am having a dig at SZA being booked - i'm really not, i honestly couldn't care less either way, i just find it interesting)

4 minutes ago, -TLR- said:

ok, so - i've learned that:

the people here on this forum are not SZA demographic

the average person at the festival, due to their age, are not SZA demographic

a research poll, which was admittedly not done under strict scientific conditions, tells us that "younger" people would not go and see her.

and "huge fans" wont go and see her if there is something more interesting going on round the corner.

(i know all this seems like i am having a dig at SZA being booked - i'm really not, i honestly couldn't care less either way, i just find it interesting)

i think at this stage its pretty obvious shes a replacement for stevie wonder which is why idles suddenly went from not playing as they didnt like the slot they were given to headlining the other stage.