Acts missing from first poster

Crazyfool01

1 hour ago, marc_farre1l said:

I asked Nadine at a recent gig whether she was at Glastonbury. Said they where still sorting out what stage but she expected to play.

Can see her headlining Leftfield one night

I'm not genuinely considering it and can't imagine why they wouldn't make the first poster, but not sure I've seen anyone post this on here and would like to hear other thoughts...

https://www.nme.com/news/music/mel-b-on-spice-girls-reunion-you-dont-know-that-were-not-doing-glastonbury-3603415?fbclid=IwAR0lZDx3uqhSDEnZCvE3i44zVACeh_ZZeohBnpQOl7sM3t8Cv8bwjovfNRA

“You don’t know that we’re not doing Glastonbury…”

6 minutes ago, turkey twizzler said:

I'm not genuinely considering it and can't imagine why they wouldn't make the first poster, but not sure I've seen anyone post this on here and would like to hear other thoughts...

https://www.nme.com/news/music/mel-b-on-spice-girls-reunion-you-dont-know-that-were-not-doing-glastonbury-3603415?fbclid=IwAR0lZDx3uqhSDEnZCvE3i44zVACeh_ZZeohBnpQOl7sM3t8Cv8bwjovfNRA

I always get the impression Mel C is desperate the the rest of them to do it.  The other 4 have 0 interest. And every year she tries to drum up some press about it in the hope it convince the others. 

It does not seem to work

7 minutes ago, turkey twizzler said:

At least one of them has been trying to manifest this for years can’t see them getting space on this years lineup tbh … maybe next year though . 

1 hour ago, Ben7amin_ said:

I always get the impression Mel C is desperate the the rest of them to do it.  The other 4 have 0 interest. And every year she tries to drum up some press about it in the hope it convince the others. 

It does not seem to work

I think Mel B tends to do more interviews than most, which have also included her being very frank about financial hardship after some toxic relationships. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-68547357

Question: how many Spice Girls does it take for it to become a 'big deal' and worthy of a more prominent slot than the equivalent of Mel C's Avalon booking last year?

If, for instance, you had just Mel B and Mel C do a set together performing some Spice Girls songs, does that make it a bigger deal or would that still be something for the smaller stages? Do we think you need four/five of them for it to become Pyramid-worthy? Is it Posh or nothing? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ben7amin_ said:

It does not seem to work

The two Mels are desperate for it - it's always one of them trying to manifest it and the festival ignoring them or shutting it down.

The others, yeah, it's not happening.

25 minutes ago, incident said:

The two Mels are desperate for it - it's always one of them trying to manifest it and the festival ignoring them or shutting it down.

The others, yeah, it's not happening.

I mean Geri is a mate with Nadine Dorris and married to a Tory financier I doubt she wants to step foot anywhere near the place  for worries she would get lynched

Patti smith isnt mainstream enough to be a secret slot in my opinion

vampire weekend and pulp are the most obvious shouts for a TBA and neither will probably do it

bear in mind the recent tba’s have been: Vampire weekend, george ezra, killers, foals, foos, jack white.

(its basically a who’s who of we were better / at our peak 10-15 years ago aside from ezra. Yes most are still massive but riding their 2000s heyday)

On 3/20/2024 at 3:42 PM, Looother said:

Villagers are touring in June and July, and play Dublin on the Saturday. Any chance of him dropping by?  

I’m going to one of the in store gigs/signings so will see if I can ask him! Would be perfect for the Park - think he’s played there before 

3 hours ago, wro_lap said:

Starting to think Patti Smith may be a secret set on the Park a la The Pretenders last year

*Prepares for pile on*

Patti Smith is overrated as a musician and artist. Never understood the appeal.

*Steps back. Covers face*

1 hour ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

*Prepares for pile on*

Patti Smith is overrated as a musician and artist. Never understood the appeal.

*Steps back. Covers face*

It’s down to personal preference. 

I love her. Her music speaks to me and formed a large part of my life. I can see why she’s not everyone’s cup of tea. 

Sorry not to pile on. If you want I’ll have a few drinks, get some coke in and be Mr Angry

Okay I’ve had a drink now. 

1 hour ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Patti Smith is overrated as a musician and artist

overrated by whom?  By me?  Yes, possibly, but by critics, the general public?  

For me her singing Horses on the Pyramid then giving the Dalai Lama a birthday 🎂 was a moment for nearly everyone there  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MEGABOWL said:

I thought Holly Humberstone would be there. She’s in Switzerland on the Friday but could still be added.

I’ve convinced myself she’s going to be on the other stage on Sunday 😅🤞🏻