Acts missing from first poster

Crazyfool01

But if she's not headlining Holts or Other, where would she fit?  Screams Holts headline slot to me.

If we do get a late curveball announcement I'll be de-f**king-lighted.

Just now, 4AssedMonkey said:

But if she's not headlining Holts or Other, where would she fit?  Screams Holts headline slot to me.

Early afternoon Pyramid?

But yeah have to assume she's not in. Baffling.

7 minutes ago, turkey twizzler said:

Is anyone aware of any reason why G are so reluctant to book the prodigy? Given their history with the festival and that they have been touring last few years. It seems from interviews I've seen with them that they love glasto and would like to have played more. 

Emily has previously said that they were booked for 2019, before Keith passed away and all plans got cancelled.

I'm sure they'll be back at some point.

22 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

That would make perfect sense.  Avalon would be the obvious fit.

She is playing the biggest venues in the country in her next UK tour, no way can she go on the Avalon. West Holts or Pyramid in the afternoon surely. Gabrielle on the Avalon would be a crowd disaster

Just now, Simo71 said:

She is playing the biggest venues in the country in her next UK tour, no way can she go on the Avalon. West Holts or Pyramid in the afternoon surely. Gabrielle on the Avalon would be a crowd disaster

Never stopped them before....

1 hour ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Hmm, hadn't really thought about that, but how about the unofficial, second legends slot a la Nile Rodgers.  We haven't had all the Pyramid acts named yet.  I'm not going to give up that easily.  

23 hours ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Give it another decade and they’ll be playing mid-afternoon slots on the Other but it’s a bit soon yet. Apart from secret sets, no Pyramid headliner since the fence went up has come back in a non-headlining slot. Not even Basement Jaxx or Stereophonics, who’d make perfect sense as Woodsies headliners these days. Fair enough really. 

Didn't we have Basement Jaxx down the SE corner relatively recently?

1 hour ago, incident said:

Early afternoon Pyramid?

But yeah have to assume she's not in. Baffling.

Then cost presumably? 

I can certainly see why such a legend would want a great slot and fee wherever she plays. 

On 3/14/2024 at 11:32 AM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Gnom got word she's on the Park 

I was told Friday and that now looks like it's not happening, so either shifted to another day, maybe moved to another stage or perhaps it all fell through.

On 3/14/2024 at 11:55 AM, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Noah Kahan is a biggie.

Did think Luke Combs might have appeared too. 

I asked him if he was playing and he said Noah Kahan.

• Upvote 2

Chaka Khan would hopefully be playing before or after Janelle Monae given the lovely Prince connection. Janelle was so amazing the last two times I really think she deserves an evening slot she puts on an amazing show. I wish she was headlining Sunday night at WH again.

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, danbailey80 said:

Emily wants a 50/50 male female split on the first poster. 

so I’d expect medium sized acts such as James, Tom odel etc could still likely be there but just not on poster as they are male. 

James self-confirmed on radio.

James to headline Acoustic, hence the omission?

4 hours ago, turkey twizzler said:

Is anyone aware of any reason why G are so reluctant to book the prodigy? Given their history with the festival and that they have been touring last few years. It seems from interviews I've seen with them that they love glasto and would like to have played more. 

As soon as The Prodigy couldn't make the first two lines of Reading & Leeds I said on here their stock has clearly dropped so probably wouldn't be seen as Other headline level anymore. 

7 minutes ago, IBCanon said:

If they add FF , KOL or QOTSA the line up is top!

And Imagine Dragons with new stuff coming out, one or two of these in the pyramid will blast the line up and people comments.

12 hours ago, hurdy said:

James to headline Acoustic, hence the omission?

I think perhaps too big for acoustic. Although Keane did it few years back and perhaps similar size.

I could definitely see a surprise set on Park or Woodies. Friends with festival etc.