Glastonbury lineup poster 2024

Crazyfool01

This poster is just a fraction of the acts, too. I hope they really push for gender equality on the other stages, because there are loads of smaller all female bands that are really good.

Just now, balti-pie said:

The Pixies are now onto their fourth bass playing woman having sacked off Paz, its a strange state of affairs 😄 give your daughter the L7 album bricks are heavy, the bass playing on that is great! 

Emma Richardson. Met her after the Pixies in Dublin last week. Formerly of Band of Skulls. An afternoon Other Stage staple. 

5 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Emma Richardson. Met her after the Pixies in Dublin last week. Formerly of Band of Skulls. An afternoon Other Stage staple. 

I've seen Bank of Skulls a couple of times, always quite liked em despite the transparently obvious White Stripes ripoffness - i just think its a bit sus that the rest of the Pixies (or more likely, Black Francis and the guys who do as they're told for a quiet and fairly lucrative life) have to have a female bass player for balance, but that they dont want her to hang around for too long. Kim Deal is obvs my fave of the four, but they've all been cool 

11 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

I've seen Bank of Skulls a couple of times, always quite liked em despite the transparently obvious White Stripes ripoffness - i just think its a bit sus that the rest of the Pixies (or more likely, Black Francis and the guys who do as they're told for a quiet and fairly lucrative life) have to have a female bass player for balance, but that they dont want her to hang around for too long. Kim Deal is obvs my fave of the four, but they've all been cool 

Well they need a female to sing.

Rumours she was kicked out because shes a right wing MAGA type nut. Loves that loon who president of Argentina. 

11 minutes ago, Nduja said:

Any half decent clashfinders out yet?

Halvin's is usually the best but too early yet to use as a Clashfinder.  But useful to mark any acts that take your fancy and you don't want to forget.

On 3/14/2024 at 9:54 AM, CharlotteB said:

Why? no clashes?

Multiple clashes for the Friday headliner by the looks of it for me. Jungle, fontaines, Jamie xx and I’d probably even watch dua although that’d be if there wasn’t anyone on I really fancied.
I think there’s about 20 plus acts I’d like to watch on that first poster, usually only a handful when I see it. 

I'm still happy with the lineup so far, just hoping it doesn't end up being like 2022 for me, where the Friday was so stacked with acts I want to see I had to miss loads due to clashes, then the rest of the weekend being a bit sparse.

I always take the view that as long as I've got 3-5 acts a day I'd like to see, with a decent headliner to end the night, I'm happy.  

5 minutes ago, Spindles said:

I'm still happy with the lineup so far, just hoping it doesn't end up being like 2022 for me, where the Friday was so stacked with acts I want to see I had to miss loads due to clashes, then the rest of the weekend being a bit sparse.

I always take the view that as long as I've got 3-5 acts a day I'd like to see, with a decent headliner to end the night, I'm happy.  

Yep 3-5 a day is perfect, then you can easily add 4-7 electronic acts later on (if that's your jam).

To anyone that is interested, based on 4th down Pyramid where we think Keane is likely to be. Bloc Party are listed for 4th down Other at least on the clashfinder and on the Saturday at least, 4th down for both of those positions have never clash going back to at least 2015. I think we still have some decent options a ndsurprises to come early both main stages but I don't see Bloc Party being that low. I'm also guessing James to open the Pyramid on Saturday with Razorlight playing Other stage after him. Stick The Coral straight after Razorlight and that would be superb but maybe asking too much there.

4 minutes ago, northernangel said:

To anyone that is interested, based on 4th down Pyramid where we think Keane is likely to be. Bloc Party are listed for 4th down Other at least on the clashfinder and on the Saturday at least, 4th down for both of those positions have never clash going back to at least 2015. I think we still have some decent options a ndsurprises to come early both main stages but I don't see Bloc Party being that low. I'm also guessing James to open the Pyramid on Saturday with Razorlight playing Other stage after him. Stick The Coral straight after Razorlight and that would be superb but maybe asking too much there.

Steady on, I'm in my 50s, so gonna take me a while to fill a bottle with p if razorlight are playing 😊

6 hours ago, The Nal said:

I thought she did a great job at the Olympia. Vocally, probably the closest to Kim (Deal)...though Bossanova & Trompe le Monde aren't exactly Kim-heavy albums. Thought Paz was great, but the whole band sounded fantastic last week and Emma is an excellent addition. Can't wait to see The Breeders this year, haven't seen them since "feile" in the point many moons ago!

29 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Blimey you're going full on retro there aren't you.  I don't think it's likely.  But what do I know?

46 minutes ago, Monty Pythagoras said:

Apologies but has anyone put the poster in the old/usual alphabetical format as opposed to the stage split one we got?

On the GF website under the poster on news page it is in A-Z list

Here
https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/glastonbury-2024-line-up-so-far/

and here is the text list by stage
https://cdn.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2024/03/Easy-Read-2024-line-up.pdf

Edited by Nobody Interesting

44 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

Poster is still missing on the official glastonbury website..

If you click on the link on the home page it's missing but if you click on the line up tab at the top of the home page, it's there.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Nice one - wanted to put it in the format we’re used to to see how different it looks. Think for some reason without the  stage splits it makes the lineup look a bit stronger.

5BCFF2E2-F91A-417F-BFAC-8B2278DF107A.jpeg