Glastonbury lineup poster 2024

Crazyfool01

I think sometimes the fake posters get peoples expectations out of whack. Would love someone at the festival to do a costing of some of the fake posters.

We're living in a time when the cost of live music is through the roof. I mean the cheapest ticket to see The Corrs in Manchester is £93 and they haven't done anything in years! Hopefully it's an anomaly and will stabilise in time but if it continues like that we either need to adjust expectations or be willing to pay a much higher ticket price.

15 minutes ago, matrainertje said:

They're really awful live, I'm afraid. Love their music but their show at Rock Werchter was shocking. 

I can understand that their sound can be a bit low fi and they tend to miss a chord/accidentally unplug something but that is part of the charm. I've rarely seen bands so happy to play songs from *hum* 30+ years ago.

So just for the counterbalancing: they are brilliant live 🙂

17 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I think sometimes the fake posters get peoples expectations out of whack. Would love someone at the festival to do a costing of some of the fake posters.

We're living in a time when the cost of live music is through the roof. I mean the cheapest ticket to see The Corrs in Manchester is £93 and they haven't done anything in years! Hopefully it's an anomaly and will stabilise in time but if it continues like that we either need to adjust expectations or be willing to pay a much higher ticket price.

A very good point. The fake posters are usually easy to spot as they’re completely unrealistic. There’s already about 15 acts on the line up I’d like so see so the festival remains excellent value for money compared to arena gigs. 

5 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

A very good point. The fake posters are usually easy to spot as they’re completely unrealistic. There’s already about 15 acts on the line up I’d like so see so the festival remains excellent value for money compared to arena gigs. 

Yep fake posters tend to only have a couple of acts I've never heard of, the real posters tend to have 15-20 that I don't know.

I feel like I'm the only person who looked at this lineup and thought it was really good from first blush?

I know everyone hating on it is part of the cycle but it seems very pronounced this year. Maybe I'm just easily pleased but I'm jazzed about acts from top to bottom of this, and looking forward to more names being added.

11 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Good to know I've found the unicorn.

I'm impressed by the creativity tbf so good work. Reminds me of some of the incredibly detailed hats I've seen from F1 fans at the Japanese Grand Prix.

10 minutes ago, Chazeboy said:

cant get the poster page to work on Website - Changes???

Interesting....

But probably nothing!

Edited - I literally looked a minute ago and it wouldn't load for me.  But obviously did for parsonjack!

Edited by Beerqueen

5 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Interesting....

But probably nothing!

Edited - I literally looked a minute ago and it wouldn't load for me.  But obviously did for parsonjack!

maybe just coz im trying on Chrome on computer, but still not working for me, but yeah Faithless with their big announcement got them the bump up

Edited by Chazeboy

1 hour ago, KPSandwiches said:

I feel like I'm the only person who looked at this lineup and thought it was really good from first blush?

I know everyone hating on it is part of the cycle but it seems very pronounced this year. Maybe I'm just easily pleased but I'm jazzed about acts from top to bottom of this, and looking forward to more names being added.

8jc3ay.gif

• Like 2

1 hour ago, matrainertje said:

They're really awful live, I'm afraid. Love their music but their show at Rock Werchter was shocking. 

Aww, that's a shame. Kim Deal is a goddess.

Admittedly its about 15-18 years ago but when i saw the Breeders they were great, it was a tiny little gallery in south london alongside a 4AD exhibition of images so it wasnt even a proper dedicated music venue, but they had a lovely old time on stage and all the crowd did too - i'm very much up for seeing them again 

1 hour ago, KPSandwiches said:

You're not alone I am plenty happy with it. I understand some of the sentiment of those who are not in that there's a lot of repeat bookings etc but I have a few I've never seen and a few that I am happy to always see.

There's also loads of stages to be announced that will add plenty more to the mix. Even all those who are complaining will be online after the festival saying they had a marvellous time.

Woke up this morning feeling even more positive about the line up than when I first saw it. 

I really no interest in ant any the Pyramid headliners (not a knock on there credibility just not for me) 

But the under card is absolutely stacked with quality!!! 

26 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Admittedly its about 15-18 years ago but when i saw the Breeders they were great, it was a tiny little gallery in south london alongside a 4AD exhibition of images so it wasnt even a proper dedicated music venue, but they had a lovely old time on stage and all the crowd did too - i'm very much up for seeing them again 

My guitar and bass playing teenage daughter is ecstatic to be seeing Kim Deal with the Breeders. One of her biggest idols and inspirations.

She was made up to see Paz Lenchantin with the Pixies last year, hopefully this will be even better. We Can't wait!

Edited by Nice hymer
more details

10 minutes ago, Nice hymer said:

My guitar and bass playing teenage daughter is ecstatic to be seeing Kim Deal with the Breeders. One of her biggest idols and inspirations.

She was made up to see Paz Lenchantin with the Pixies last year, hopefully this will be even better. We Can't wait!

The Pixies are now onto their fourth bass playing woman having sacked off Paz, its a strange state of affairs 😄 give your daughter the L7 album bricks are heavy, the bass playing on that is great! 

• Thanks 1