Glastonbury lineup poster 2024

Crazyfool01

6 minutes ago, homesick said:

Sza Pyramid headliner? No matter what people on here say about her streaming numbers, her appeal to Glastonbury demographics is incredibly limited. 

Can you just stand at the front of the class and talk us through that phrase please dear? 

8 minutes ago, homesick said:

As many others have said, the depth is okay, but the top couple lines are piss poor across most stages. I know there are mitigating factors but even so 

Sza Pyramid headliner? No matter what people on here say about her streaming numbers, her appeal to Glastonbury demographics is incredibly limited. I would be surprised if she doesn’t have the smallest headliner crowd in 20 years

LCD Soundsystem? I’m a huge fan but that slot is just a terrible booking for them. Bound to be strewn with disinterested talkers. Surely headlining a smaller stage made much more sense 

PJ Harvey during the day presumably from the order? So odd

Idles as Other headliner? Jesus Christ 

The Streets…Other support in 2024? Laughable. Same goes for whichever of Two Door Cinema Club or Anne-Marie have that slot 

During the day there is enough good stuff…Janelle Monae, Alvvays, Romy Soccer Mommy, Orbital, Ghetts. But the lineup really is lacking wow factor. It’ll still be incredible all the same, of course

We get it. Black  doesnt sell to you.

• Downvote 1

Really pleased with the lineup personally aside the Pyramid headliners, which I think lacks any sort of 'wow' factor but I realise there were circumstances that put SZA in that position.

I'm really happy to see acts on the poster that I missed or neglected in previous years, so I've counted 18 I'm looking forward to seeing See you on the farm!

14 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Spending your Friday evening watching a bloke in a vest and beanie hat barking 'Love is da fiiiiiiing' over and over again.

One man's meat is another man's poison 🙂

I think they're a great live band and if there's less people in the field because they're not big enough to headline that stage then all the better for me personally. I can get nearer the front, or to the toilet easier etc. 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Benjsh said:

Think it's probably a combination of it all. 

Running costs and wages going up as well as fees for bands/artists. I know the ticket price has increased too but judging by that line up announcement it's maybe not increased enough if we are to expect the stellar line ups of the past. 

Genuinely think we've been spoiled for a long time though. My first Glasto was 2004 which is widely spoken of as one of the best years of all time. I was also at 2010 which was another belter.

It will still be the highlight of the year as the place is incredible but it's the first time ever I think that none of the 6 main headliners are really for me. 

Timely article from this morning

The AIF continued: “It’s expected that the UK could see over 100 festivals disappear in 2024 due to rising costs.”

https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/over-100-uk-festivals-could-disappear/

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

You may want to check the artists at the bottom I said I was looking forward to. 

And are Idles and Mike Skinner black? I said both of those were poor bookings. Stop looking for something that ain’t there 

12 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

What an incredibly stupid and childish post.

My favourite artist of all time is Bob Marley. I'm a huge reggae fan. Love Modern stuff too like Chronnix and Protoje. 

Furthermore Stevie Wonder in 2010 is by far my favourite ever Glasto performance and moment. 

Sometimes it's best to think before you type utter tosh my friend.

17 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Can you just stand at the front of the class and talk us through that phrase please dear? 

Middle aged people, young white posh kids, hippies. If you think she will have a big crowd, I’m afraid you are going to be sorely disappointed

My first reaction was, that is shite, but after looking more closely away from the headliners they'd be more than enough to get me through the day. 

If the headliners aren't your thing it gives you an opportunity to see new bands, the SE Corner, Silver Hayes, Arcadia - the options are endless. 

I'm hoping that the average festival goer looks at the lineup and thinks, "not for me i wont bother going" - meaning more chance for me in the resale!

Not sure if it’s been mentioned here yet but seems Idles were a very last minute booking hence their flip flopping over whether they were playing or not. Somebody asked one of them after the lineup dropped and he said they were still in talks as late as last week. Might lend some cred to thinking SZA was supposed to top Other originally but bumped to headline and they’ve filled the gap. 

Half a dozen there that I really want to see, about a dozen I’d be happy to see and a handful more I wouldn’t walk away from. Not a bad start for me, and  acoustic and Avalon usually throw up one or two defos as well. Quite enjoying the ‘no blockbuster act’ vibe tbh. 

1 minute ago, homesick said:

Middle aged people, young white posh kids, hippies. If you think she will have a big crowd, I’m afraid you are going to be sorely disappointed

I think she'll definitely have the smallest headline crowd of the weekend but I also think that is perfectly ok. There's other stuff on. Kendrick also had the smallest headline crowd of the weekend when he played but the vast majority who were there loved it so does it matter??

1 minute ago, gigpusher said:

Love how into it she seems to be getting. I mean makes me tempted to go and see her.

Yeah she seems genuinely excited - asking "what we should sing together", planning on what she's going to wear.  Love it!

The lineup looks good for those on-site. A good mix of genres and good artists. In my opinion the headlieners are superior to Guns'n'Roses and Arctic Monkeys (but not Elton John), so depending on the weighting, that's better than last year.

As I will be watching on the BBC, I am slightly less excited about the poster. It is just that most artists on the poster are already established, or I've seen them live, so there is less incentive to watch them on TV (although I'd go watch them in person). I'd rather watch Green Man or End of the Road on TV, but that's not possible!

1 minute ago, FloopFiller said:

Not sure if it’s been mentioned here yet but seems Idles were a very last minute booking hence their flip flopping over whether they were playing or not. Somebody asked one of them after the lineup dropped and he said they were still in talks as late as last week. Might lend some cred to thinking SZA was supposed to top Other originally but bumped to headline and they’ve filled the gap. 

It definitely sounds like that's what's happened with Madonna and Stevie Wonder not working out.

Stevie Wonder was always a strange one anyway I thought. I was there last time and it was amazing but I didn't see the point of repeating it.

Just now, Superscally said:

Looks like @Supernintendo Chalmers called it...

Northernangel! FloorFiller! CalGon! Can you hear me, CalGon! Your opinions took one hell of a beating! Your opinions took one hell of a beating!

(Please take this in the jovial way it was intended 😘)

IMG_20240314_133711.jpg

2 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Just now, emmanuel said:

The lineup looks good for those on-site. A good mix of genres and good artists. In my opinion the headlieners are superior to Guns'n'Roses and Arctic Monkeys (but not Elton John), so depending on the weighting, that's better than last year.

As I will be watching on the BBC, I am slightly less excited about the poster. It is just that most artists on the poster are already established, or I've seen them live, so there is less incentive to watch them on TV (although I'd go watch them in person). I'd rather watch Green Man or End of the Road on TV, but that's not possible!

You'll be able to see one of the EOTR headliners...

1 minute ago, Beerqueen said:

Yeah she seems genuinely excited - asking "what we should sing together", planning on what she's going to wear.  Love it!

She's gonna bring the fun factor and I reckon I might even be there for it. Think it's a known thing that I don't always love the legend slot but I'm hoping she'll be a little less busy.

2 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Looks like @Supernintendo Chalmers called it...

Northernangel! FloorFiller! CalGon! Can you hear me, CalGon! Your opinions took one hell of a beating! Your opinions took one hell of a beating!

(Please take this in the jovial way it was intended 😘)

IMG_20240314_133711.jpg

Me RN

276132.jpg.d3f6c863b76abc69ea21502dbdc61620.jpg

Although I did also say Dave was subbing the Pyramid.

• Upvote 1