Glastonbury lineup poster 2024

Crazyfool01

8 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Pyramid is fairly weak imo but there's a lot of stuff I would go see scattered around everywhere else. If I had a ticket, I don't think it would be enough for me to decide to offload the ticket.

is it enough for you to try for a ticket? my wahtsapp is flooded with people who won't bother with the resale.

2 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

Last year's line up was cracking are you claiming otherwise?

gnr as headliner was a downgrade on what glasto had been having.

People seem to expect superstars headline the pyramid each year. Not / can’t happen.  Apart from Taylor Swift and Madonna who else realistically is there that hasn’t done it before?

if people are that hung up on who’s headlining the two main stages hopefully it will scare some people off for tickets next time. I usually count anything I want to see there as a bonus. I can’t really be arsed with the massive crowds there anyway. 

Edited by Chip Batch

6 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Think you’re underestimating how much the Great British Public loves Dua Lipa and Coldplay. It won’t do Elton-level viewing figures for the BBC but it’ll be plenty healthy enough. 

the acts are popular, but they're a downgrade on the expectation from previous years of a guaranteed top level line-up.

23 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I only ever watch Glastonbury on the TV but it’s one of my favourite weekends of the year. I genuinely look forward to it so much and make a full weekend of it. 

I really like this lineup. There’s loads on there I’d want to see. Really love to see Little Simz in a slot like that. I can’t wait to watch that set. Also really looking forward to seeing both IDLES and Disclosure headlining Other. Loads lower down I love too. 

Seen a few people claiming they're going to put their tickets back in the pot, maybe you should give the resale a try?

Although watching it at home does make it easier to deal with the clashes 😂

18 minutes ago, majormajormajor said:

£360

yeah, it's a bargain really

for me i'll be popping along to

Orbital (current gig tics £43)

Avril (current gig tics £59)

Idles (cuurent gig tics £50)

Breeders (current gig tics £39)

Shania (current gig tics £112)

LCD Soundsystem (current gig tics £63 (though this is APE) )

Sleaford Mods (2023 price £23)

which is already £389, and i'll be seeing plenty of other acts as well, anyone that says its not a good deal is a bit odd in my opinion.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, gooner1990 said:

What acts would you like to have seen instead?

As mentioned, it’s probably the best they could get, but that doesn’t take away from it being weak in comparison to previous.

Every year can’t be a show stopper though

1 hour ago, RutgerGM said:

Can someone figure out which acts are playing which day?

Yeah looking forward to the National, but not sure what other headliners I will see. Enjoyed Jungle last year at APE, but don’t feel the need to see them two years in a row.

Plenty for me to see... probably won't see any Pyramid headliners this year but that's not unusual. May give SZA a go if as I expect, Justice is dangerously busy. It might be the first time in 8 festivals across 20 years I don't see the legend as I've no real desire to see Shania but it depends on what else is on.

Very excited for Mdou Moctar who I've said should play for years but always saw him as more of a West Holts Booking rather than the Park. Based on line up so far it will be Fontaines, Disclosure & probably Justice as headliners. I've only recently discovered High Vis who will likely be a must see and then plenty of fun acts in Cyndi Lauper, Janelle Monae, Sugarbabes & Avril Lavigne plus a couple I expect will be good in Headie One & Ghetts. Skream & Benga being on there will take me right back to my early days too.

All in all I'm just happy to be back after a 5 year absence and I only ever pick one must see a day so it's nice for that not to be a struggle. Hoping for a surprise or 2 and Charlotte de Witte on iiCon but no doubt I'll have found some gems I don't know of yet before I get there and another dozen by the time it's over.

SZA could defo end up with a bigger crowd than Kendrick

Kendrick was against PSB and Bicep

SZA against National (hardly sunday night fun) and Justice