New Tourist album out today, lads

It’s class. Can’t wait to see him in Bristol next month. Been waiting years

edit: Glad Siren got added to the album, hopefully he’ll play it live now

Edited by rwoo

9 minutes ago, rwoo said:

It’s class. Can’t wait to see him in Bristol next month. Been waiting years

edit: Glad Siren got added to the album, hopefully he’ll play it live now

Yeah it’s really really good.

That’s 5 solid albums now. Doesn’t miss. 

7 minutes ago, nikkic said:

New Caribou is a wobbler 

Hmmm. not entirely sure about that (and I love Caribou deeply). There's a whiff of 'put a donk on it' about that track

Just now, Mardy said:

Hmmm. not entirely sure about that (and I love Caribou deeply). There's a whiff of 'put a donk on it' about that track

It’s certainly a departure from their norm, but I’m here for it. 

New Moor Mother is brilliant. Powerful, chilling stuff. Spoken word jazz music with themes of Europe's colonial & racist history. Real emphasis on British history too. Definitely worth a listen.

Edited by Acid_Haze

1 hour ago, Bangerzonly said:

Recently discovered Grace Cummings, whose at Wide Awake festival next month and supporting King Gizzard in Bristol too. What a voice. Think Neil Diamond meets Sharon Van Etten. 'Heaven' will blow you away.

Yep, what a voice! 'Refuge Cove' was alright but 'Storm Queen' was one of my favourite albums of 2022 and I am loving the new one so far. Got to be in the mood for her but when I am, she reaaallly hits the spot. 'Everybody's Somebody' is so so strong.

3 hours ago, Nuthugger said:

our girl have a new single out today called relief. id love to see them at glasto (or big moon again for that matter)

Our Girl are brilliant - would also love to see them appear at Glasto somewhere.... Williams Green 😢

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Bangerzonly said:

Recently discovered Grace Cummings, whose at Wide Awake festival next month and supporting King Gizzard in Bristol too. What a voice. Think Neil Diamond meets Sharon Van Etten. 'Heaven' will blow you away.

scuttling off to check this out as have a wide awake ticket. Nice one 

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Turned on Justice, Kevin Parker came on immediately, turned it off.

Yeah I let out an audible groan when the very first thug I heard was his voice.

Album’s… fine. A lot more mid tempo than their previous stuff which isn’t really what you want from them, but a couple of decent tracks in there. Hoping they stick to the Coachella set for Glastonbury and don’t let this album take up any more real estate in their setlist. 

9 hours ago, Punksnotdead said:

Willson.Williams - collaboration album by Withered Hand & Kathryn Williams is absolutely bloody gorgeous. 

Thanks for the reminder about this one. I’ve been waiting for it so long that I completely forgot about it this morning. 

1 hour ago, gigpusher said:

Thanks for the reminder about this one. I’ve been waiting for it so long that I completely forgot about it this morning. 

As a massive fan of Withered Hand, I'm used to waiting ages for new music - just his 4th album in 15 years, hardly prolific! Worth the wait though IMO - the most underrated songwriter in Britain.