Site changes for 2024 …

Crazyfool01

2 hours ago, blutarsky said:

There are ticket competitions being run by: 

Co-op (pre existing)

Vodafone (pre existing)

Guardian (pre existing)

Brothers (pre existing)

Tony's Chocolenly / oxfam (pre existing but relatively new)

chillys (new)

barbour (new)

Hunter wellies (new)

White Claw Hard Seltzer (new)

It also seems these tie ups are resulting in far more tickets being available in competitions, as Vodafone have pver 100 pairs and the Chillys comps are giving out six at a time. 

The main issue is probably also that the new ones are with companies which seem marketed at a certain demograaaaphic. 

Chillys isn't fully new.

They've had a presence on site for a few years - either 2019 or 2022 being the first - and ran a competition last year.

But yeah point still stands.

2 hours ago, blutarsky said:

There are ticket competitions being run by: 

Co-op (pre existing)

Vodafone (pre existing)

Guardian (pre existing)

Brothers (pre existing)

Tony's Chocolenly / oxfam (pre existing but relatively new)

chillys (new)

barbour (new)

Hunter wellies (new)

White Claw Hard Seltzer (new)

It also seems these tie ups are resulting in far more tickets being available in competitions, as Vodafone have pver 100 pairs and the Chillys comps are giving out six at a time. 

The main issue is probably also that the new ones are with companies which seem marketed at a certain demograaaaphic. 

I think the barbour 1 was tickets + an upcycled jacket in colab with Oxfam or something, rather than just a barbour thing

43 minutes ago, stuie said:

Cinch have moved on… they now ‘present’ Carfest after a stint presenting Creamfields.

Weird sponsorship of the year this year is ‘Uber presents All Points East’ where there will be exactly zero chance of getting an Uber ride home! 

And preaching to the already converted, ‘Audi presents Wilderness’ where 99% of the attendees arrive in their Audi’s 😂

Out of upvotes!

Ben

43 minutes ago, incident said:

Chillys isn't fully new.

They've had a presence on site for a few years - either 2019 or 2022 being the first - and ran a competition last year.

But yeah point still stands.

Was one of those years bottlegate?

6 hours ago, Glasto96 said:

Secured the ticket today 🙏🏼 Can now ask any info on replacement for the Rabbit Hole? Same people organising a new area there? Also any Arcadia updates?

Yep it’s same people and it’s called the wishing well I’ve been told . There’s conflicting info about Arcadia but seems most likely in my opinion to involve the sea king helicopter they’ve purchased some time ago 

Also got a ticket last night, so now dare to venture into threads on here!

Would be gutted with the changes mooted for Avalon. Always loved it's chilled "village fete" vibe, and was a lovely place to chill after hours watching bands until 3am in the cafe, usually very fun bands. I don't have the energy to battle to the SEC after headliners for the small amount of acts I'd be interested in and Avalon was always our default option if nothing else caught our fancy. 

Last year was bad enough, the cafe ending at 12:30 and they wouldn't let you in after 10:30 even though you couldn't get to the SEC from there.

1 minute ago, HotChipWillBreakYourLegs said:

Could this be related to the Arrivals stage in Shangri La?

saw that elsewhere , the information was that  it was for Williams green area so dont think so unless things have changed , completely different area organisers / creative teams 

Nah:

The visitors to Arrivals will be transported through a portal to an alien jungle planet, immersed by an audio visual world coded in solar punk, carnivorous plants, cyborg beasts and space pirates. The space bridges across nostalgia to futurism, a sensory feast of vivid lights and colours, remixing the worlds of pulp sci-fi classics within a newly redefined South Asian aesthetic. 

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/areas/shangri-la/arrivals/

On 4/19/2024 at 2:29 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Nah:

The visitors to Arrivals will be transported through a portal to an alien jungle planet, immersed by an audio visual world coded in solar punk, carnivorous plants, cyborg beasts and space pirates. The space bridges across nostalgia to futurism, a sensory feast of vivid lights and colours, remixing the worlds of pulp sci-fi classics within a newly redefined South Asian aesthetic. 

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/areas/shangri-la/arrivals/

Honestly that sounds really cool

On 4/19/2024 at 12:11 PM, Fearless_Fish said:

Also got a ticket last night, so now dare to venture into threads on here!

Would be gutted with the changes mooted for Avalon. Always loved it's chilled "village fete" vibe, and was a lovely place to chill after hours watching bands until 3am in the cafe, usually very fun bands. I don't have the energy to battle to the SEC after headliners for the small amount of acts I'd be interested in and Avalon was always our default option if nothing else caught our fancy. 

Last year was bad enough, the cafe ending at 12:30 and they wouldn't let you in after 10:30 even though you couldn't get to the SEC from there.

You'll find some good late night bands just across the railway track, the likes of Toad Hall, Small World, and the Lizzard Stage should see you right. 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, turkey twizzler said:

What was this originally? An updated onsite photo of the containers or something?

just some fibre cables being run near the long drops and a picture of the pyramid , Sharpe of Pilton ( the twitter account ) often takes photos in the build up .... 

Edited by Crazyfool01
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

just some fibre cables being run near the long drops and a picture of the pyramid , Sharpe of Pilton ( the twitter account ) often takes photos in the build up .... 

I guess the festival didn’t want the photos to reveal vital infrastructure that will probably not be visible when finished. 

There are two theories for the fibre farm project I’ve heard of - one is they are being put in by bbc for broadcast purposes and the other is provision of internet services at the gates for more EPO scanners and tech.

2 minutes ago, stuie said:

I guess the festival didn’t want the photos to reveal vital infrastructure that will probably not be visible when finished. 

There are two theories for the fibre farm project I’ve heard of - one is they are being put in by bbc for broadcast purposes and the other is provision of internet services at the gates for more EPO scanners and tech.

yep good shout , just need to find out who doing the fibre on the farm  locally and if it matches the bbc ... off to webcam 🙂 

59 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

yep good shout , just need to find out who doing the fibre on the farm  locally and if it matches the bbc ... off to webcam 🙂 

Look's like these did the new install in 2023, this looks to be an extension of that network. I would say vodaphone would be bringing in several connections to site that they will use for the cell towers.

https://www.connectixcablingsystems.com/themes/ccs_2019/pdf/Glastonbury.pdf

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

Look's like these did the new install in 2023, this looks to be an extension of that network. I would say vodaphone would be bringing in several connections to site that they will use for the cell towers.

Definately saw a few of those green boxes when we visited 

32 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Definately saw a few of those green boxes when we visited 

I found the mobile number for the person who designed the installation, could text him to find out what they are up to. But I'm not going to because that's going a bit too far.

Edited by dotdash79

On 12/5/2023 at 5:53 AM, paulshane said:

Oddly, I associate Sea King type helicopters with Air Sea rescue stuff, not military at all.

cue Kate Bush showing up and performing the 9th wave. 

(a man can dream)

"get out of the waves! get out of the water!" 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dotdash79 said:

This is advanced level geek bedtime reading for me! Thank you 😂