Site changes for 2024 …

Crazyfool01

On 4/18/2024 at 6:10 PM, stuie said:

Cinch have moved on… they now ‘present’ Carfest after a stint presenting Creamfields.

Weird sponsorship of the year this year is ‘Uber presents All Points East’ where there will be exactly zero chance of getting an Uber ride home! 

And preaching to the already converted, ‘Audi presents Wilderness’ where 99% of the attendees arrive in their Audi’s 😂

Uber are trying to expand to flights and trains

20 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

Look's like these did the new install in 2023, this looks to be an extension of that network. I would say vodaphone would be bringing in several connections to site that they will use for the cell towers.

https://www.connectixcablingsystems.com/themes/ccs_2019/pdf/Glastonbury.pdf

Aaaaaannnd.... they've taken it down suspiciously...

8 hours ago, philipsteak said:

Christ, how much would it cost for a plane to pick you up at your house? 

you can get an uber helicopter to the airport here in nyc and sometimes it's cheaper than a taxi.  

They leave from 2 or 3 designated heliports in manhattan, and if you're running late it's honestly not a bad option if your other option is missing your flight. I've never taken one but it always freaks me out when it comes up as an option on the app

How confident are people feeling that we'll get something new from Arcadia? I hope not but I'm feeling like there's a chance we're getting same old spider in that field.

Before someone has a go I know 'the spider is great for newbies still'. Doesn't stop me wanting to see something new though 😜

Edited by turkey twizzler

4 minutes ago, turkey twizzler said:

How confident are people feeling that we'll get something new from Arcadia? I'm hope not but I'm feeling like there's a chance we're getting same old spider in that field.

Before someone has a go I know 'the spider is great for newbies still'. Doesn't stop me wanting to see something new though 😜

I'm more interested in whether we have a proper stage at carhenge this year with Williams green acts. Was definitely missed last year..

13 minutes ago, turkey twizzler said:

How confident are people feeling that we'll get something new from Arcadia? I hope not but I'm feeling like there's a chance we're getting same old spider in that field.

I'd like to think that the longer we go without any idea of what they've got planned means they're keeping something cool under wraps. Of course, that could also mean they're trying to give themselves as much time as possible to make something new happen and come June they'll have to relent and go back to the Spider-lite...again. I'm choosing to believe the former, though.

• Like 1

pretty likely to be the Sea king given it feels like they've had it ages now ..... im trying to find out though and have phoned a friend . Anyone with info they dont want to share as a user , happy as always to take PMs 

• Thanks 1

So it seems they are tightening up on crew passes and a photo needs to be submitted in areas where it wasn’t before  This will mean that they should be able to prevent many of the pass out ruses and will hopefully mean things are less busy . Not directly a site change but will impact getting about 

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

So it seems they are tightening up on crew passes and a photo needs to be submitted in areas where it wasn’t before  This will mean that they should be able to prevent many of the pass out ruses and will hopefully mean things are less busy . Not directly a site change but will impact getting about 

As in the EPO passes will have a photo on them now? 

1 minute ago, Claire0406 said:

As in the EPO passes will have a photo on them now? 

The crew will need to upload photos for their passes in areas where they hadn’t previously needed to . Rather than giving a list of names 

The crew will need to upload photos for their passes in areas where they hadn’t previously needed to . Rather than giving a list of names 

Have to admit I am surprised it’s taken this long to do that, a lot of tik tok videos last year showing people sneaking in, definitely would’ve lead to some changes this year. Would be absolute madness year on year otherwise 

Just now, Claire0406 said:

Have to admit I am surprised it’s taken this long to do that, a lot of tik tok videos last year showing people sneaking in, definitely would’ve lead to some changes this year. Would be absolute madness year on year otherwise 

Yep it’s a very sensible idea and will have a significant impact I would think . 

33 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I uploaded my information for my accreditation and complete my online H&S induction last week.

I had to upload a photo as part of that process.

4 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

I uploaded my information for my accreditation and complete my online H&S induction last week.

I had to upload a photo as part of that process.

Not sure what areas this has become a new feature for yet but definately some clamping down 

2 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Not sure what areas this has become a new feature for yet but definately some clamping down 

Not sure either as not worked there since 2005 when doing security.

This information was directly to GFEL as a member of the Gates Management Team.

I'd hazard as a guess they will be clamping down bit by bit as the years go by. 

2 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

Not sure either as not worked there since 2005 when doing security.

This information was directly to GFEL as a member of the Gates Management Team.

I'd hazard as a guess they will be clamping down bit by bit as the years go by. 

Good news though . Hopefully they’ll do something to adress the gate runners too . Seems to have been more a thing of late . Maybe due to the fact social media means it’s more out there though . 

Good news though . Hopefully they’ll do something to adress the gate runners too . Seems to have been more a thing of late . Maybe due to the fact social media means it’s more out there though . 

Best chance of success for gate runners is to do it completely naked covered in goose fat. 

Pretty much zero chance of security getting a grip on you.

1 minute ago, Sawdusty surfer said:

Best chance of success for gate runners is to do it completely naked covered in goose fat. 

Might be a bit obvious once on site with no wristbands to be seen 🙂 

20 minutes ago, Sawdusty surfer said:

Mm sounds like someone has done it for a laugh me thinks 😉

11 minutes ago, Dreamingofsunnydays said:

We still thinking the silent disco is returning and anyone got a clue as to where?

Just a question and obviously we all like different things but why do people like silent discos? I’ve done them before at festivals with more noise restrictions and less amplified music late at night but would you choose silent disco over actual sound systems?