Site changes for 2024 …

Crazyfool01

2 hours ago, DeanoL said:

I mean, we know how much certain things cost elsewhere. £50 on a ticket is nearly £7 million, which for example was the budget for Secret Cinema's Empire Strikes Back run (https://www.screendaily.com/news/secret-cinema-chief-talks-future-plans-and-global-expansion/5133523.article)

(Although since the festival aren't ever going to put £50 on the ticket for non-music experiences, your point is a good one as it explains why we'll never see something like that realised).

Another point of reference that we know  of from planning docs is Arcadia’s field budget for 2022 was £465K for everything. That works out at £3.32 per ticket, I think! 😂

1 minute ago, sadimmock said:

I suspect that you could make a pretty good guess on general style and vibe though couldn't you?

I quite like his work tbh although I realise it's less the case for many and people want entertainment non stop ... there could be a music venue of some description involved here and id guess that might many happy .... im happy with general creativity though 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I quite like his work tbh although I realise it's less the case for many and people want entertainment non stop ... there could be a music venue of some description involved here and id guess that might many happy .... im happy with general creativity though 

To be fair I have enjoyed his work over the years as well. It just seems a bit strange to be removing relatively unique stages to save a bit of money but then spend cash on more of the same installation wise. At least offer the opportunity up to a new group.  

• Upvote 1

On 4/16/2024 at 6:28 PM, stuie said:

Another point of reference that we know  of from planning docs is Arcadia’s field budget for 2022 was £465K for everything. That works out at £3.32 per ticket, I think! 😂

Out of curiosity, I assume that's the budget for the setup etc and doesn't include the cost of all the acts too?

10 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

Out of curiosity, I assume that's the budget for the setup etc and doesn't include the cost of all the acts too?

That’s everything! 
Remember when Calvin Harris played for 10 tickets? 😂

21 hours ago, Fishinginthelongdrops said:

Not a fan of commercial sponsors at Glastonbury but I am quite looking forward to Goldie Looking Chain headlining the dryrobe stage.

f**k me, given the amount of posho corporate tie ups this year, this is in no way far fetched 

21 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

f**k me, given the amount of posho corporate tie ups this year, this is in no way far fetched 

Are there a lot? I know that Glastonbury is not Green Man, but I always enjoy a feeling of there being relatively little corporate involvement, EE/Vodaphone charging uber-tent notwithstanding (don't film your entire festival for Insta and buy a portable charger...what is wrong with you?! 😄).

Has this year got a lot of new collaborations?

Ben

2 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Are there a lot? I know that Glastonbury is not Green Man, but I always enjoy a feeling of there being relatively little corporate involvement, EE/Vodaphone charging uber-tent notwithstanding (don't film your entire festival for Insta and buy a portable charger...what is wrong with you?! 😄).

Has this year got a lot of new collaborations?

Ben

There are ticket competitions being run by: 

Co-op (pre existing)

Vodafone (pre existing)

Guardian (pre existing)

Brothers (pre existing)

Tony's Chocolenly / oxfam (pre existing but relatively new)

Chillys (new)

Barbour (new)

Hunter wellies (new)

White Claw Hard Seltzer (new)

Clipper Tea (new)

It also seems these tie ups are resulting in far more tickets being available in competitions, as Vodafone have pver 100 pairs and the Chillys comps are giving out six at a time. 

The main issue is probably also that the new ones are with companies which seem marketed at a certain demograaaaphic. 

Edited by blutarsky
Added clipper tea

5 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Co-op (pre existing)

Vodafone (pre existing)

Guardian (pre existing)

Brothers (pre existing)

chillys (new)

barbour (new)

Hunter wellies (new)

It also seems these tie ups are resulting in far more tickets being available in competitions, as Vodafone have pver 100 pairs and the Chillys comps are giving out six at a time. 

The main issue is probably also that the new ones are with companies which seem marketed at a certain demograaaaphic. 

Clipper Tea

Clearly these companies pay loads per ticket over face value - yet most aren't even getting a retail opportunity at the festival

while its a shame to see tickets out the pool - for now, they are just subsidising the rest of us

11 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Co-op (pre existing)

Vodafone (pre existing)

Guardian (pre existing)

Brothers (pre existing)

chillys (new)

barbour (new)

Hunter wellies (new)

However some might have disappeared …  thinking no GWR so far … although that Vodaphone one is ridiculous 

If that’s what GFL need to do to keep the ticket price down for us all then I don’t have a problem with it, it’s definitely preferable to on site presence for a lot of brands which would just feel weird. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Co-op (pre existing)

Vodafone (pre existing)

Guardian (pre existing)

Brothers (pre existing)

chillys (new)

barbour (new)

Hunter wellies (new)

Ah, ok yes, gotcha. 

I was foolishly only thinking about conspicuous on-site commercial tie-ins, but yeah, there is an increasing number of these. As others have said, if they remain as discreet as they are now on the Farm itself, no biggie for me. Last time I was at Latitude, it was ridiculous, and no doubt even worse now for that festival presented by Cinch!

Ben

56 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Last time I was at Latitude, it was ridiculous, and no doubt even worse now for that festival presented by Cinch!

Ben

Do keep up, its now Barclaycard Presents Latitude Festival

😆

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ah, ok yes, gotcha. 

I was foolishly only thinking about conspicuous on-site commercial tie-ins, but yeah, there is an increasing number of these. As others have said, if they remain as discreet as they are now on the Farm itself, no biggie for me. Last time I was at Latitude, it was ridiculous, and no doubt even worse now for that festival presented by Cinch!

Ben

Latitude genuinely weirded me out with all that stuff.

19 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Oh good grief!

Ben

Cinch have moved on… they now ‘present’ Carfest after a stint presenting Creamfields.

Weird sponsorship of the year this year is ‘Uber presents All Points East’ where there will be exactly zero chance of getting an Uber ride home! 

And preaching to the already converted, ‘Audi presents Wilderness’ where 99% of the attendees arrive in their Audi’s 😂