Site changes for 2024 …

Crazyfool01

3 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

No clue as yet …. Would make a great venue in my opinion … there were some steps lying about . Not sure it would be safe for punters to be climbing though but maybe / hopefully some kind of stage 

Interesting wonder if it could be similar style attraction to the peer? 

Good to have more/different venues around to explore!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Interesting wonder if it could be similar style attraction to the peer? 

Good to have more/different venues around to explore!

Absolutely I love that they change things would be pretty dull if the site was still as it was when I first went 

On 4/11/2024 at 10:02 PM, Memory Man said:

Bimble inn stock burrow hill, the same as the cider bus

bimble-inn put their taxes thru a tax haven, tax havens are not good even when the good guys use them.

2 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Absolutely I love that they change things would be pretty dull if the site was still as it was when I first went 

Of course, we all like new things. I’m just not sure another Joe Rush structure will freshen things up.  It’s starting to feel like the budget could be spent better elsewhere and they are other artists/collaborators available!

30 minutes ago, stuie said:

Of course, we all like new things. I’m just not sure another Joe Rush structure will freshen things up.  It’s starting to feel like the budget could be spent better elsewhere and they are other artists/collaborators available!

Given that none of us know what Joe rush charges or anyone else charges and what the budget for each area I’m not sure any of us can be making that call .could be a choice between another £50 on the ticket or the Williams green area , I’d not be the one wanting to make that judgement . The festival has changed massively in the time I’ve been going . 

1 hour ago, hjwright said:

I have been told by somebody who would definitely know that arcadia will be a spider this year. Interested to see if he's right

Interesting there’s nothing definate really yet … a couple of rumours about something to replace spider but don’t think anything strong @Gnomicide I think had some info but how confident is he ? 

2 hours ago, hjwright said:

I have been told by somebody who would definitely know that arcadia will be a spider this year. Interested to see if he's right

If true that’s an absolutely massive fail by both Arcadia and the festival. To wheel out something that was cancelled in 2017 is embarrassing. 

40 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Given that none of us know what Joe rush charges or anyone else charges and what the budget for each area I’m not sure any of us can be making that call .could be a choice between another £50 on the ticket or the Williams green area , I’d not be the one wanting to make that judgement . The festival has changed massively in the time I’ve been going . 

I’m not even referring to bringing back Williams Green now, this is just another Joe Rush project that lacks freshness and costs money. 

2 minutes ago, stuie said:

If true that’s an absolutely massive fail by both Arcadia and the festival. To wheel out something that was cancelled in 2017 is embarrassing. 

I’m not even referring to bringing back Williams Green now, this is just another Joe Rush project that lacks freshness and costs money. 

We’ve not even seen it yet 😀

• Upvote 3

36 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

We’ve not even seen it yet 😀

Since when has that stopped us having opinions on things 😂 

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Interesting there’s nothing definate really yet … a couple of rumours about something to replace spider but don’t think anything strong @Gnomicide I think had some info but how confident is he ? 

I don't think it's giving anything away to say they are using the helicopter to make something new, it's not just a helicopter.

I believe what I've been told to be true but you know, it's Arcadia, there's always the chance of a spanner in the works.

Given we're over 2 months away, I wouldn't have thought they've given up on it yet. 

4 hours ago, hjwright said:

That would be so disappointing, the spider is a bit rubbish now. It's the oldest electronic music stage now, everything else has had a change up. It'd be a bit disappointing if it was all the same especially for something that was designed to evolve. 

21 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

That would be so disappointing, the spider is a bit rubbish now. It's the oldest electronic music stage now, everything else has had a change up. It'd be a bit disappointing if it was all the same especially for something that was designed to evolve. 

The thing is I think a lot of us are spoilt by going every/most years. The spider is hugely impressive to anyone new. I bought my brother and his girlfriend to their first Glastonbury last year and they were blown away.

• Upvote 6

10 hours ago, stuie said:

Making a play for my username? 😂

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I mean, we know how much certain things cost elsewhere. £50 on a ticket is nearly £7 million, which for example was the budget for Secret Cinema's Empire Strikes Back run (https://www.screendaily.com/news/secret-cinema-chief-talks-future-plans-and-global-expansion/5133523.article)

(Although since the festival aren't ever going to put £50 on the ticket for non-music experiences, your point is a good one as it explains why we'll never see something like that realised).

Concerned an Earache band (Skindred) on Avalon is further confirmation that Truth stage is no more.

Comparing Williams Green to an extra 50 a ticket feels very high considering most of those bands were playing for very little money if not just tickets.

If Truth is now gone this year it’s hard not to see the fest cutting WG and now Truth as creative and not just financial decisions (as they were 2 of the few small band/rock stages).

15 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

The thing is I think a lot of us are spoilt by going every/most years. The spider is hugely impressive to anyone new. I bought my brother and his girlfriend to their first Glastonbury last year and they were blown away.

Spot on.

We last went in 2019 and cannot wait to see all the changes since then. I will, in places, feel like a whole new festival.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, assorted said:

Concerned an Earache band (Skindred) on Avalon is further confirmation that Truth stage is no more.

Comparing Williams Green to an extra 50 a ticket feels very high considering most of those bands were playing for very little money if not just tickets.

If Truth is now gone this year it’s hard not to see the fest cutting WG and now Truth as creative and not just financial decisions (as they were 2 of the few small band/rock stages).

Skindred played Truth stage last year and it was nowhere near big enough. I think it will be still there but maybe just called something new if Shangri-la is having a total rejig 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, assorted said:

No Truth Stage (or rebranded equivalent) would be gutting! It's always got some gems, and in 2022 it provided Brass Against > Bob Vylan > Warmduscher > OMG! It's the church, all between 1am and 6am on Saturday night / Sunday morning. One of the most purely enjoyable runs I've ever seen at a festival full stop, and all after midnight. An experience pretty much unique to Glastonbury, would be a real shame to lose it.

That said, I don't think Skindred on Avalon is enough evidence on its own to start panicking just yet. They played on Truth last year didn't they? So hopefully just mixing it up.

3 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

No Truth Stage (or rebranded equivalent) would be gutting! It's always got some gems, and in 2022 it provided Brass Against > Bob Vylan > Warmduscher > OMG! It's the church, all between 1am and 6am on Saturday night / Sunday morning. One of the most purely enjoyable runs I've ever seen at a festival full stop, and all after midnight. An experience pretty much unique to Glastonbury, would be a real shame to lose it.

That said, I don't think Skindred on Avalon is enough evidence on its own to start panicking just yet. They played on Truth last year didn't they? So hopefully just mixing it up.

Yes, I was there in 2023 for Skindred—>Ho99o9 as well as Empire State bastard and was happy with all (though Skindred won me over even though I was waiting for Ho99o9).

Someone who gets inside information on here speculated earlier that Shangri La getting a shakeup could mean they were removing Truth Stage in the name of crowd control reasons, is why my concern.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, assorted said:

Yes, I was there in 2023 for Skindred—>Ho99o9 as well as Empire State bastard and was happy with all (though Skindred won me over even though I was waiting for Ho99o9).

Someone who gets inside information on here speculated earlier that Shangri La getting a shakeup could mean they were removing Truth Stage in the name of crowd control reasons, is why my concern.

Ah I see. Hopefully just moving rather than removing. Must admit it's always been an issue that when it gets busy the crowd basically blocks the entire walkway. It could probably be arranged more sensibly.