Worthy View, Sticklinch, Tipis and campervans 1st Dec 12.00

sedra

Got East Quiet for me, the missus and daughter after around 20 mins.

Called a pal to check if he'd got his - he didn't even realise the sale was on...

Any case, got back in and secured East General for him.

One thing I did notice was it was extremely easy to get back in after the first purchase - no holding page at all....

13 minutes ago, tokyodub said:

Some of us are coming by coach and some by car, is there a shuttle from the coach point?

Or is there a better gate to come through

How much space do you get in the tipi?

Worth arriving early at all for better spot?

Anything else I should know?

Thanks so much in advance!

You need to walk from PGA or from whichever car park you end up in. It's in the main site so there's no separate entrance or car park. It's about 20 minutes walk with a bit of uphill.  Maybe half an hour with a lot of kit.

There's plenty of room in each tipi for the 6 folk who can stay in it (you only get six wristbands).

No real advantage to turning up early.  In fact, having a tipi means you don't need to.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, tokyodub said:

Just got our tipi village tent for the first time. Very exciting!

Would you please be able to provide any tips for the tipi village.

Some of us are coming by coach and some by car, is there a shuttle from the coach point? Or is there a better gate to come through if coming by car?

How much space do you get in the tipi?

Worth arriving early at all for better spot?

Anything else I should know?

Thanks so much in advance!

We only did it once, amazing location, lucky you! It is a trek from anywhere though, ha. No shuttles from coach station, or at least there hasn't been previously. You will have a tipi designated for you on arrival with 6 wristbands to collect from the main reception when you give your booking info, so there's no benefit to getting there early.

We had 5 adults in ours (including one joker on a double airbed) and there was plenty of room for all our beds with rucksacks and supplies. It's literally just a tent with hessian flooring, you need to bring everything else with you. Stays cool even in hot weather though which is amazing. There were long queues for showers from Thursday onwards - go at odd times to avoid. Toilets are standard compost ones like you see elsewhere on site. There's an onsite cafe which does coffee, all day breakfast etc.

You are opposite Glastonbury-on-Sea and will hear the robot band a LOT. Take ear plugs.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, sinhala said:

Bots and scalpers have even got their greedy mitts on the accommodation sale now. What chance have I got with just one laptop ! 

Scalpers? 

You'd have to be a bit daft to pay someone for a blinking bell tent, when people in here were offering to help. 

4 minutes ago, sparkyswitch said:

We had a few people trying for our group and 2 of us ended up with 3 tickets each for East quiet.

Didn't think this was possible ! 
Hope they don’t hang onto the £25

cancellation fee but I guess there will be 4 tickets back in the pot for the resale. 

Once the booking was confirmed it wouldn't let you book another camper with the same reg. no. so they must have been getting processed at the same time so the system didn't realise there would be multiple bookings.

8 minutes ago, sparkyswitch said:

We had a few people trying for our group and 2 of us ended up with 3 tickets each for East quiet.

cancellation fee but I guess there will be 4 tickets back in the pot for the resale. 

You shouldn't have to pay the fee if it's allowed you to dupe - it's their error 

Strange slow sale today, friends got their East Quiet ticket at 12:10, thought it was all over but then I managed to get mine at 12:16. Felt like hours though haha!  I'm sure they normally sell out quicker than that. I was still getting East general available when I tried 10 mins ago on phone...

14 minutes ago, ilovelanegan said:

We only did it once, amazing location, lucky you! It is a trek from anywhere though, ha. No shuttles from coach station, or at least there hasn't been previously. You will have a tipi designated for you on arrival with 6 wristbands to collect from the main reception when you give your booking info, so there's no benefit to getting there early.

We had 5 adults in ours (including one joker on a double airbed) and there was plenty of room for all our beds with rucksacks and supplies. It's literally just a tent with hessian flooring, you need to bring everything else with you. Stays cool even in hot weather though which is amazing. There were long queues for showers from Thursday onwards - go at odd times to avoid. Toilets are standard compost ones like you see elsewhere on site. There's an onsite cafe which does coffee, all day breakfast etc.

You are opposite Glastonbury-on-Sea and will hear the robot band a LOT. Take ear plugs.

Thanks!

Regarding the noise, does the robot band play all through the night or is quiet after 1-2 AM/start after 10AM, which is likely when we will get back to the tents/wakeup.

Absolutely gutted - totally my fault but I literally forgot it was midday and just went out for a long walk! I had alarms set but the dog walking field had no reception! I was going for Worthy View - is there a resale at all? Or is it time to start buying a tent.

I'm super worried as arriving by coach on the Thursday fairly late!! Is there anywhere remotely useful to camp even available by then?

Just now, hpops said:

Absolutely gutted - totally my fault but I literally forgot it was midday and just went out for a long walk! I had alarms set but the dog walking field had no reception! I was going for Worthy View - is there a resale at all? Or is it time to start buying a tent.

I'm super worried as arriving by coach on the Thursday fairly late!! Is there anywhere remotely useful to camp even available by then?

Resale in April don’t panic 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, paulshane said:

but if you get the short straw when parking up, you might be next to the track and have several thousand people walk past your pitch each day 🙂

Good point, not thought about that, though if it happens I suppose you can have the awning trackside so your sleeping area is a bit further away, will bear it in mind!

Wasn't expecting a holding page at all but hey ho. Got 2 x Sticklinch scouts but wanted a pod or belletent but were all gone by the time we go through. Still happy we got something. Happy to pay 50 quid a day each for facilities and knowing we've got somewhere to go straight to being Thursday coach arrivals and no stress squeezing a tent into somewhere 

46 minutes ago, sparkyswitch said:

Use this email to prevent a charge and say you checked last year and were told it was one only!! 🙂

Screenshot_20231201-130911.png

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, paulshane said:

but if you get the short straw when parking up, you might be next to the track and have several thousand people walk past your pitch each day 🙂

It's a good point, they're organised and strict with the parking up but I've blagged it in the past to get a better spot.

12 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

First time ever I've been unable to buy a CV ticket (Because I haven't yet got a festival ticket)...boo hoo

I am in the same situation but fortunately a friend has got mine. I won't get my ticket until March. 🙂