Worthy View, Sticklinch, Tipis and campervans 1st Dec 12.00

sedra

3 hours ago, clarkete said:

Some folks report positive experiences with the site and shuttles...but not all I hasten to add

Our mates stayed there last year. Shuttle bus was fine….

Except on the last night when they had to wait two hours for one! 

2 hours ago, nikkic said:

Our mates stayed there last year. Shuttle bus was fine….

Except on the last night when they had to wait two hours for one! 

Uncool. You can't just give up bothering cause it's Sunday night

2 hours ago, Boris said:

Uncool. You can't just give up bothering cause it's Sunday night

I suspect that the significant factor was that it was the biggest headline audience of all time?   (despite the guff Wikipedia says) 

Edited by clarkete

1 hour ago, clarkete said:

I suspect that the significant factor was that it was the biggest headline audience of all time?   (despite the guff Wikipedia says) 

Yeah - nearly everyone setting off from the same part of site at the same time, likely combined with it being Sunday and people aware that they need to drive home on Monday, making them less likely to go out and about after and instead heading straight back after the headliner finished. Maybe also impacted by the local roads being slightly busier as others went home.

Really doubt that the festival lowered the capacity of the service in any way, but sometimes things just get busy. You see it all the time when working the gates - an 8 hour shift can be totally dead aside from the one hour when suddenly everyone needs to get in/out and it's chaos.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

All - my friends have an East campervan space. Is there space to camp next to them? I think there is a car park that I could use, meet them at the campervan (to camp) and then go to get my wrist band thereafter? Any info much appreciated. Thanks!

4 minutes ago, snailcheeks said:

All - my friends have an East campervan space. Is there space to camp next to them? I think there is a car park that I could use, meet them at the campervan (to camp) and then go to get my wrist band thereafter? Any info much appreciated. Thanks!

So yes - you can camp next to them, the campervan field isn't officially 'INSIDE' the festival. 

But unless you arrive together, you won't be able to gain entry on the Tuesday. 

Thanks - if the campervan field is not inside the festival, can't I meet them their and get my wrist band later? Or do I need a campervan ticket to get into the car park. Sorry never been to the campervan fields before so not sure of what you can and can't do!

6 minutes ago, snailcheeks said:

Thanks - if the campervan field is not inside the festival, can't I meet them their and get my wrist band later? Or do I need a campervan ticket to get into the car park. Sorry never been to the campervan fields before so not sure of what you can and can't do!

Don't worry I asked all these questions last year, it is a little bit confusing with the campervan fields.

Basically you can get access to the campervan fields Tuesday if you arrive in a vehicle, get your ticket checked (Festival + Campervan Ticket) You cannot arrive on foot or be dropped off.

Wednesday you can enter the caravan fields without a ticket far as I'm aware. You'll only be asked for your ticket when you try enter the festival proper. 

Hope that makes sense. 

7 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

Don't worry I asked all these questions last year, it is a little bit confusing with the campervan fields.

Basically you can get access to the campervan fields Tuesday if you arrive in a vehicle, get your ticket checked (Festival + Campervan Ticket) You cannot arrive on foot or be dropped off.

Wednesday you can enter the caravan fields without a ticket far as I'm aware. You'll only be asked for your ticket when you try enter the festival proper. 

Hope that makes sense. 

Thanks. So is there a car park near the camper van fields I can use or do I need to drive in on the Wednesday? Then as you say exchanged ticket for wrist band when entering festival site. 

14 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

Hope that makes sense. 

You can park up in a festival car park on Tuesday too and access the campervan fields. Just make sure you park somewhere on the east side of the festival site.

7 minutes ago, snailcheeks said:

Thanks. So is there a car park near the camper van fields I can use or do I need to drive in on the Wednesday? Then as you say exchanged ticket for wrist band when entering festival site. 

Yes there is, make sure you park in one of the car parks on the east side of the festival - otherwise it's a very long walk.

You can get wristbanded at Ped Gate C once the festival fates open on Weds. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

Yes there is, make sure you park in one of the car parks on the east side of the festival - otherwise it's a very long walk.

You can get wristbanded at Ped Gate C once the festival fates open on Weds. 

Listen to @johnnyseven Snail Cheeks I know sod all!

This is from the FAQs

How do our friends gain access to the campervan fields if they travel separately?

If your friends are arriving separately to your campervan or caravan they will not be able to gain vehicular access to the campervan fields (as only one car is permitted on the pitch). They will need to buy a car park ticket to park in the public car parks, or travel by public transport, and make their way to the campervan fields on foot via the pedestrian gates. If they are travelling to the East side they can walk directly from the car park into the campervan area.

This is the carpark you want btw.

image.png.62b214af7512bb22b3fc010295d9786b.png

Edited by Jacko45
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, snailcheeks said:

Right thanks all - next silly question. How do you buy a car parking ticket for the east site (blue route)? First come / first served?

You buy a car parking ticket via SeeTickets, I think when you pay your ticket balance. No specific tickets for blue route car parks, you just need to make sure you approach the festival via the correct route.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, snailcheeks said:

Thanks for the info - I presume the East car parks don't get full? Trying to decide whether to arrive on Wed or Thurs

They shouldn't get full. There is plenty of space. But if you arrive on Thursday you may have a bit of a longer walk. You should also try and aim for the purple route, over the brown route. But depending on how busy the car parks are, and the state of them (weather dependent) you might not get a choice. 

8 hours ago, snailcheeks said:

Are there any toilet facilities or food stalls at all in the campervan section?

Yes, they tend to be the portaloo types and a proportion of them have those big containers nearby for folks to empty their van waste units into.  There's also supplies of drinking water and along some of the tracks there are food vans - not as varied as those on site, but very welcome for some late night chips or a brew in the morning.

A few Sticklinch questions (apologies if I'm recycling stuff that has been asked previously):

• Anyone done it? (the basic 'podpad' option). Worth it? It didn't look too far from where we camped last year, location wise
  • Is it a tall order getting one after the resale, assuming they go back on sale?
  • What do you get facilities wise, few showers & a food stall or two?

1 hour ago, mufcok said:

A few Sticklinch questions (apologies if I'm recycling stuff that has been asked previously):

• Anyone done it? (the basic 'podpad' option). Worth it? It didn't look too far from where we camped last year, location wise
  • Is it a tall order getting one after the resale, assuming they go back on sale?

It was OK. Did the job. What I did after the resale was check in around 9am every day and you would see one pop up. They go quick, mind. The pod pads looked good. 

7 hours ago, mufcok said:

Yes, in 2022 (having done campervans or caravans for many years, but as my ticket was bought in the resale I was too late to rent a van).  I'm an old git and was going to be coming by coach and knew I couldn't carry my other stuff as well as a tent and something to kip on.

As @Mich1268 said I regularly visited to ensure I could get something.  So first up I paid for a bell tent in Sticklinch and then set myself a page monitor.  Thankfully during the day at work if it went off I could pop up the page and see what they had on offer, it did take a number of visits before I got myself a 4 person bunkpad (which I chose as that included bunkbeds, so all we needed to bring were sleeping bags).  The date I got one was Friday, April 22, 2022 1:30 PM

As for facilities - they had actual flushing toilets, with a queue system which was most of the time really well managed (someone standing by the front of the queue directing the next person when one was available), plus other folks who were checking they were OK and even cleaning or replenishing bog roll - honestly it was the nicest loos I've seen on the farm in nearly 40 years.  They also had quite a few showers - pretty busy at peak times, clearly many of the attendees are scrupulously clean these days, but later in the day would be easy to nip in.  They had a handful of food and drink stalls (but I believe less than WV), the ones that did a fancy coffee or more sophisticated breakfast had a bigger queue, but if you wanted a bacon butty and brew there was a very small queue.  No bar in Sticklinch, that year there was one in Carmageddon, so not sure how far it was to the nearest last year as that had gone.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, clarkete said:

Yes, in 2022 (having done campervans or caravans for many years, but as my ticket was bought in the resale I was too late to rent a van).  I'm an old git and was going to be coming by coach and knew I couldn't carry my other stuff as well as a tent and something to kip on.

As @Mich1268 said I regularly visited to ensure I could get something.  So first up I paid for a bell tent in Sticklinch and then set myself a page monitor.  Thankfully during the day at work if it went off I could pop up the page and see what they had on offer, it did take a number of visits before I got myself a 4 person bunkpad (which I chose as that included bunkbeds, so all we needed to bring were sleeping bags).  The date I got one was Friday, April 22, 2022 1:30 PM

As for facilities - they had actual flushing toilets, with a queue system which was most of the time really well managed (someone standing by the front of the queue directing the next person when one was available), plus other folks who were checking they were OK and even cleaning or replenishing bog roll - honestly it was the nicest loos I've seen on the farm in nearly 40 years.  They also had quite a few showers - pretty busy at peak times, clearly many of the attendees are scrupulously clean these days, but later in the day would be easy to nip in.  They had a handful of food and drink stalls (but I believe less than WV), the ones that did a fancy coffee or more sophisticated breakfast had a bigger queue, but if you wanted a bacon butty and brew there was a very small queue.  No bar in Sticklinch, that year there was one in Carmageddon, so not sure how far it was to the nearest last year as that had gone.

Cheers!

What's the deal with entrance, if you don't come in a car to the dedicated car park - through the main site then into Sticklinch?

36 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Cheers!

What's the deal with entrance, if you don't come in a car to the dedicated car park - through the main site then into Sticklinch?

Yes, as I arrived on Coach I came through PG A and walked through the site, which was a decent distance carrying weight for my age and fitness, hence went to trouble to pack as light as possible - although was great for getting bearings about where it was and where things were (eg the co op etc and other things not too far away)