Worthy View, Sticklinch, Tipis and campervans 1st Dec 12.00

sedra

The prices are getting a bit ridiculous now. Why is it so expensive when a campervan ticket is 200 quid and you get way more real estate than you do with a 2 man scout tent?  I'd have thought the land would be the cost driver but it must be very expensive for them to hire the tents, or they are just ripping us off at this point.

Edited by Dave_c

47 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

The prices are getting a bit ridiculous now. Why is it so expensive when a campervan ticket is 200 quid and you get way more real estate than you do with a 2 man scout tent?  I'd have thought the land would be the cost driver but it must be very expensive for them to hire the tents, or they are just ripping us off at this point.

Cost of hiring the fields, cost of infrastructure/utilities/hire of showers/toilets/facilities/ storage and hire costs of tents, equipment/staffing. still cheaper than some of the glamping options and closer to festival. Plenty of free camping inside the festival for those who cant afford it. You are paying for convenience and a little bit of extra comfort I suppose? Not everyone can afford a campervan either. 

5 hours ago, Mark H said:

Did I read that right? 435 quid for the 2 man scout tent?! That’s actually outrageous.

It was just over £400 last year. Price of doing business. Wait until they make you pay an extra £50 just to camp regularly. Shouldnt be too far off. Coming from out of the country I didnt mind forking it over to have a relatively quieter place to sleep, showers and such. I walked up that hill twice everyday cause of having to go get the guardian rucksacks early in the morning and then after everything was over and done with 18 hrs later.

Edited by Suprefan

8 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Why and how would that happen?

Cause the festival needs to figure out how to make money so it can actually function in its current state? And what do you mean how? Its relatively simple. They announce the ticket price and then inform you that you will also pay that extra money on top. If you are glamping or staying in worthy view/sticklinch then you dont pay that on balance day because you will have to provide proof that you are going that route. Since the festival is non profit how do you expect them to keep the lights on. At the rate the ticket increase is going anyway its going to be another £100  by 2030, but thatll barely keep them functioning due to costs.

Probably two person tents more per person than the larger options because it takes just as much time to put up and take down a two person as a four person tent. And the two person tents seem to be the first to sell out , so it’s just supply and demand that drives  pricing. 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

7 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Cause the festival needs to figure out how to make money so it can actually function in its current state? And what do you mean how? Its relatively simple. They announce the ticket price and then inform you that you will also pay that extra money on top. If you are glamping or staying in worthy view/sticklinch then you dont pay that on balance day because you will have to provide proof that you are going that route. Since the festival is non profit how do you expect them to keep the lights on. At the rate the ticket increase is going anyway its going to be another £100  by 2030, but thatll barely keep them functioning due to costs.

So they'll actually make it cheaper for glampers?

Are you quite well?

35 minutes ago, UEF said:

That's surprising, I had assumed the late ticket sales (and the follow up local sale) would mean they'd kick that out longer than what is effectively last years date for those things to go on sale. 

High interest rates atm, they want as much up front as possible rn

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Why and how would that happen?

It’s just another difference between America and UK that he can’t get his head around. They charge for camping at Coachella, but it’s held in a city so camping is completely optional.