Worthy View, Sticklinch, Tipis and campervans 1st Dec 12.00

sedra

7 minutes ago, clarkete said:

That's pretty much the rate of inflation isn't it?  

Also wonder if this is some of the land they rent from a neighbour? 

Yep they rent the land for anything outside the fence and some fields inside the fence too.

55 minutes ago, sedra said:

Yep they rent the land for anything outside the fence and some fields inside the fence too.

Anywhere with long drops tanks in the ground inside the fence they own, anything with composters they don’t. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, sedra said:

Cost of hiring the fields, cost of infrastructure/utilities/hire of showers/toilets/facilities/ storage and hire costs of tents, equipment/staffing. still cheaper than some of the glamping options and closer to festival. Plenty of free camping inside the festival for those who cant afford it. You are paying for convenience and a little bit of extra comfort I suppose? Not everyone can afford a campervan either. 

A lot of those costs come with running CV fields too, and you get a bigger patch of land there compared to what you get at WV. Hiring tents, showers, toilets etc I get but still seems a bit steep compared to CV. I've stayed at WV twice and loved it but not sure the cost is justified for a 2 man tent you couldn't swing a cat in and that you boil alive in if it's warm with no means of ventilating with windows etc.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dave_c said:

A lot of those costs come with running CV fields too, and you get a bigger patch of land there compared to what you get at WV. Hiring tents, showers, toilets etc I get but still seems a bit steep compared to CV. I've stayed at WV twice and loved it but not sure the cost is justified for a 2 man tent you couldn't swing a cat in and that you boil alive in if it's warm with no means of ventilating with windows etc.

I’d agree with that. No way can it be called glamping. The car parking close by, the small queue getting in and not having to lug a tent across the site are the main advantages. Big queues for the showers and limited flush toilets though the composters are also available. The new path up the hill to WV still needs to be tested in wet and muddy conditions. 

4 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I’d agree with that. No way can it be called glamping. The car parking close by, the small queue getting in and not having to lug a tent across the site are the main advantages. Big queues for the showers and limited flush toilets though the composters are also available. The new path up the hill to WV still needs to be tested in wet and muddy conditions. 

when was this new path put in? ive not stayed in WV since 2019.

6 hours ago, Dave_c said:

But there's quite a bit more infrastructure and staff in Sticklinch or WV, well was in the former when I stayed and (tipi aside) these prices are not dissimilar to if you just bosh them into the link below.  When I stayed in a bunkpad in 22 the price they charged was less than it cost at other locations (not sure if they still quote on second link below) - seemed like they trimmed the offering to essentials so they could keep the price down for Sticklinch. 

https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/monetary-policy/inflation/inflation-calculator

https://podpads.com/

3 minutes ago, clarkete said:

But there's quite a bit more infrastructure and staff in Sticklinch or WV, well was in the former when I stayed and (tipi aside) these prices are not dissimilar to if you just bosh them into the link below.  When I stayed in a bunkpad in 22 the price they charged was less than it cost at other locations (not sure if they still quote on second link below) - seemed like they trimmed the offering to essentials so they could keep the price down for Sticklinch. 

https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/monetary-policy/inflation/inflation-calculator

https://podpads.com/

Inflation aside, they know they sell out instantly so it's safe the raise the prices.  Even if the costs associated with providing this type of camping and the associated infrastructure haven't increased (not likely) the festival clearly needs to increase revenue generally. 

1 minute ago, fromthree said:

Something I've wondered but never asked: Is there a resale for worthy view/sticklinch accommodation for those that pick up tickets in the resale or are they strictly limited to people who were successful in the general sale?

Some become available again, yes. 

6 minutes ago, Greased-Up Deaf Guy said:

4th glasto but going to try for Sticklinch this year and it'll be our first time doing pre-erected.

Question: How quickly do the accommodation options sell out? Especially the 2 person options like the pods and Bell tents?

id be trying on release if you can .... some options might come up at various times and at resale but I wouldn't rely on it 

4 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

id be trying on release if you can .... some options might come up at various times and at resale but I wouldn't rely on it 

Thanks. Definitely be going for main sale, just happen to be off work as well that day.

Question really directed to say will I get on at 12pm and some options be gone within minutes so have to be lighting quick or will  there be plenty of time?

Edited by Greased-Up Deaf Guy

Just now, Greased-Up Deaf Guy said:

Thanks. Definitely be going for main sale, just happen to be off work as well thar day.

Question really directed to say will I get on at 12pm and some options be gone within minutes so have to be lighting quick or will  there be plenty of time?

if I recall options can go quite quickly but might appear again as people drop them in baskets ... id be prepared to go at dead on and you should be fine .... the first to go are usually teepees 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Greased-Up Deaf Guy said:

Thanks. Definitely be going for main sale, just happen to be off work as well that day.

Yeah they will go quick... it's Glastonbury! Be ready on the dot 🙂 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

That path + gradually worsening lines for toilets+ way higher price this year = back to genpop for us.

44 minutes ago, Greased-Up Deaf Guy said:

4th glasto but going to try for Sticklinch this year and it'll be our first time doing pre-erected.

Question: How quickly do the accommodation options sell out? Especially the 2 person options like the pods and Bell tents?

2 beds, tipi’s and caravan East go quickest but the rest take a little longer. 

they don’t have many Pods or bell tents so get in on the dot.