Worthy View, Sticklinch, Tipis and campervans 1st Dec 12.00

sedra

1 hour ago, herzzreh said:

That path + gradually worsening lines for toilets+ way higher price this year = back to genpop for us.

Spoke to someone at WV in 2022 who was asking us about our stay, some sort of survey.  I mentioned the path she did say that there were plans to open the old steps if there was heavy rain.  The path had a lot of loose rocks and gravel. Think it might have been improved a bit before 2023. 

11 hours ago, sedra said:

Cost of hiring the fields, cost of infrastructure/utilities/hire of showers/toilets/facilities/ storage and hire costs of tents, equipment/staffing. still cheaper than some of the glamping options and closer to festival. Plenty of free camping inside the festival for those who cant afford it. You are paying for convenience and a little bit of extra comfort I suppose? Not everyone can afford a campervan either. 

All that stuff has not gone up 30% in 5 years.  It's just an easy way of making outrageous profit... considering the facilities are as bad as they were 5 years ago 

2 minutes ago, Havors said:

All that stuff has not gone up 30% in 5 years.  It's just an easy way of making outrageous profit... considering the facilities are as bad as they were 5 years ago 

Make a profit or maybe generate income to subsidise basic ticket price or pay the increased rent for the fields? 

1 hour ago, Havors said:

Costs may not have risen that much (although I wouldn't be surprised if they have, at the pub our commercial energy rates alone are 3x or 200% higher than they were in 2019) but demand has definitely gone up... Love Fields are sold out already!

I'd expect the prices of onsite accomodation to continue rising well above inflation year on year, for as long as there is way more demand than supply. It is after all a luxury, not a necessity. A tipi is now £1750 on site... 

3 hours ago, Havors said:

Where are you getting your figures from? 

Going back 5 years this says 24.6% and we know that fees to landlords and fuel could well be out of their control and potentially higher. 

BTW if they still used rpi these rates would be a point or two higher for each of those years. 

Screenshot_20231127_005356_Chrome.jpg

Edited by clarkete
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Havors said:

You kidding? Try looking into the cost of infrastructure for events since Covid.

Some hire rates are 100% higher, portacabins, trackway, toilets etc.. all increased massively.

Then the fuel to get them there, and the staff to install them..

2 hours ago, Skip997 said:

Utter madness

Which aspect? 

If you're referring to the increase in cost of living, energy etc then of course we all agree, indeed many of us may well think that impact would be massively less if our energy supplies had been subject to a windfall tax, however that and the fact that a myriad of other things are far more expensive in our country as compared to other European countries is clearly a subject for another thread that many of us wouldn't want to delve into. 

Aside from the tipis, I'm wary of this pearl clutching that things which aren't compulsory are increasing at rates not much higher than the rate of inflation.

I'm in little doubt you would be horrified if they increased the ticket price by a few quid extra so I (or someone else) could get a cheaper bunkpad and we would expect that any leftover money is either going into the running of the festival, good causes or helping to recover the reserves after they were decimated and put the future of the event at risk. 

Edited by clarkete

Especially if you add on £75 for a car parking pass (maybe x2 if you’re in a 6 man or even x3 in the 8 man) in order to get the value of the nearby car parking, otherwise you’re signing up for two of the longest possible walks on site with your gear, or up to 2 hours of pissing about if you use one of the shuttles. If you drive down with a friend and meet two other mates there who also drive, a four man scout tent in WV ends up being £950. People will pay it but… where is the ceiling on that?

You get an email in the spring asking for names and a group name - if you have multiple tents, they try and put all your groups tents together. It works best if you have two of the same type ie two 4-man Bell tents etc. Last year we had one bell and one scout, and were about 10 mins walk from each other

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Blisterpack said:

Just trying to get organised for Friday: if I want a campervan East general tkt and I have three or four people on the case at noon, I should be ok right?  In fact is there a risk it could sell me more than one or does it only allocate one pitch per registration? 

If you have several people trying you will end up with several tickets unless SeeTickets have fixed the issue. It's one per transaction, people have had as many as 6! Set up a WhatsApp group to communicate. 🙂

1 hour ago, Drinky said:

Especially if you add on £75 for a car parking pass (maybe x2 if you’re in a 6 man or even x3 in the 8 man) in order to get the value of the nearby car parking, otherwise you’re signing up for two of the longest possible walks on site with your gear, or up to 2 hours of pissing about if you use one of the shuttles. If you drive down with a friend and meet two other mates there who also drive, a four man scout tent in WV ends up being £950. People will pay it but… where is the ceiling on that?

£55, not £75.

3 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

You kidding? Try looking into the cost of infrastructure for events since Covid.

Some hire rates are 100% higher, portacabins, trackway, toilets etc.. all increased massively.

Then the fuel to get them there, and the staff to install them..

You do realise its just tents? There is a few toilet blocks and couple of shower blocks. There's nothing else there... 

We know cost have increased and we expect prices to rise but a tent going from 650 to 950 quid in 5 years is mental. You're a fool if you think its not to make extra profit on the back of it.

Now it may be to pay for other things at the festival, nobody is saying its not. But if you think its perfectly normal and just due to increase in providing the tents, you're talking sh*t.