Registration cancelled despite reconfirming

Helsbels

Screenshot_20231002_144904_Gmail.thumb.jpg.1aee7d287fa183848d396a2f38ee3c5b.jpgHiya, double check your emails. I reconfirmed my registration details twice ( just to make sure) but just had an email from See to say my registration details have been deleted so need to re register. Glad I saw it!

Hmmm...just checked and my registration is still showing as a live one.  Will need to look into this further

Edited by Helsbels

My suspicion is that many of the people receiving this will have had more than one registration, and so it's not their "live" registration that has been deleted.

Maybe attached to an old email address that forwards to their current one for example, so you don't see it when you do a look up. I'd suggest double checking what address this has been sent to.

3 minutes ago, incident said:

My suspicion is that many of the people receiving this will have had more than one registration, and so it's not their "live" registration that has been deleted.

Maybe attached to an old email address that forwards to their current one for example, so you don't see it when you do a look up. I'd suggest double checking what address this has been sent to.

yep that was the case with mine 

The email is titled "Notification of Registration Deletion". But actually, it seems like it's just a general email to everyone with a pre 2020 registration, whether you reconfirmed or not.

The subject line of the email is not very well thought out here. I assume it is going to create a bit of a nightmare for them as they deal with thousands of unnecessary new registrations/email support tickets off the back of this.

It certainly put the fear in me until I checked online!

1 hour ago, rubenz said:

Its very confusing as it wasn't exactly clear what you were supposed to do in the first place to re confirm! 

Used the checker and it still comes up with reg details so hopefully ok

It told you how to find your registrations, how to go in and how to confirm it.

Our group haven't had an email.

4 hours ago, Sku said:

The email is titled "Notification of Registration Deletion". But actually, it seems like it's just a general email to everyone with a pre 2020 registration, whether you reconfirmed or not.

The subject line of the email is not very well thought out here. I assume it is going to create a bit of a nightmare for them as they deal with thousands of unnecessary new registrations/email support tickets off the back of this.

It certainly put the fear in me until I checked online!

I didn't get one definitely not a general email. 

1 hour ago, rubenz said:

Its very confusing as it wasn't exactly clear what you were supposed to do in the first place to re confirm! 

Used the checker and it still comes up with reg details so hopefully ok

They really couldn't have made it any easier if they tried.