2024 Ticket Price & Sale Date Announced

Dukeicon

3 hours ago, LeFreak said:

Can anyone who has bought tickets previously from outside the UK (Ireland specifically) confirm or deny that a debit card will or won't work? 

It says that a UK debit card is fine but other than that it needs to be a credit card. Which would be an issue for me! 

Yep, you definitely need a credit card, and if I remember correctly it can only be Visa or MasterCard. No Amex/Diners or such.

10 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

The coach prices don't exactly encourage you to travel that way, do they? 

If three of us got coach from Liverpool, it would be £315 on travel (plus cab/bus to the pick up point). Car will be about £80 petrol plus (at a guess) £60 car park. £175 cheaper.

I’d pay the extra money for the 30 mins queue to get in on arrival. Own travel queue is a nightmare. 

5 minutes ago, Glasto96 said:

I’d pay the extra money for the 30 mins queue to get in on arrival. Own travel queue is a nightmare. 

Depends when you arrive. And you don't get a choice on the coach. If you're put on a coach that arrives 2pm on Wednesday it'll be the same 10 minute queue drivers arriving then will be in.

Yeah it's quicker than if you drive and arrive Wednesday morning but it's only about 30% of the Wednesday coaches that will get you in then.

11 hours ago, stuie said:

I expect CV fields will still sell out immediately.

All other festivals where I’ve taken the van this year have been between £45 and £80 for a van pitch.

Green Man on sale tomorrow is £235 for a pitch big enough for a car+caravan, plus extortionate ticketline booking fee.  As creaky old farts, having a proper bed, toilet and shower makes festivals possible for us. Our family sharing a pitch at Glastonbury works out at £50 each, worth it for us. After missing out this year, am hoping the ticket gods give us the chance to fork out!

18 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

That's outrageous. What's the justification? The only significant rise in cost must be the neighbouring farms being allowed to charge much more?

i reckon campervans get stung because someone is thinking, if they can afford a campervan they can afford to pay a bit more.

5 hours ago, Suprefan said:

And I had said it was gonna get to £400 pretty quick and was laughed at. Not funny now is it. I paid £475 for Coachella next year, so you got a lot of catching up to do anyway. 

Maybe we’ll get more of that Coachella line up now we’re paying big bucks 😂

2 hours ago, Neil said:

i reckon campervans get stung because someone is thinking, if they can afford a campervan they can afford to pay a bit more.

I’m sure that’s true for lots of them but not all vans are equal! 

6 minutes ago, stuie said:

I’m sure that’s true for lots of them but not all vans are equal! 

compared to campers they're bringing a very big expensive asset. anyone wanting to buy a campervan could give me a shout(m selling mine).

Edited by Neil

1 hour ago, brettredmayne said:

The coach price from Newcastle is shocking, so if 4 of us got coach thats £524. No way would petrol and parking cost any where near that. 

Plus the fact the coach from Newcastle leaves at 10am so by the time I'm on site look for a good pitch we could be looking at 7/8pm.

Wow that’s pricey! Would be off putting for sure 

7 hours ago, DeanoL said:

How much did campervans go up the past few fests?

5 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

2016 was £100

2020 was £125

2023 is now £200

2023 was £150 + £9.75 booking fee. I managed to book a resale one for some friends. 

So, £50 increase for 2024 + whatever the BF is! 

You have to take into account that a campervan doesn’t pay for parking so it’s only £140 more than a parking pass. Which isn’t bad for a glamping option. Although if you’re then hiring a camper ontop of that it’s going to be close to £1500 by the time you’ve paid a Glastonbury premium for a small 2 berth van. 

I still maintain the parking passes should be more expensive than they are and used to reduce the cost of coach travel, carrot and stick. As others have pointed out unless you’re a solo traveller those prices aren’t cheaper, and limit your luggage/ amount of alcohol you can bring. Double loss.

£360 is beyond the reach of a lot of people now, which die hards will say is achievable by anyone who wants to go enough, but when 20% of the country is living in poverty that’s a bit rich. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, clasher said:

Yep, you definitely need a credit card, and if I remember correctly it can only be Visa or MasterCard. No Amex/Diners or such.

I might be misunderstanding this but ... a friend of mine (who isn't going to the festival) is going to be trying for me from Australia. If he gets to the payment page, he'll have my debit card details ready to pay the 6 deposits - that won't be an issue will it?

2 hours ago, Old_Johno said:

£360 is beyond the reach of a lot of people now, which die hards will say is achievable by anyone who wants to go enough, but when 20% of the country is living in poverty that’s a bit rich. 

But what price would be within the reach of 'a lot of people'? Whatever you charge, some people are going to be priced out, and that's nothing new this year. The festival is a luxury, not a necessity and thus commands a market price.

1 hour ago, Stokesy10 said:

I might be misunderstanding this but ... a friend of mine (who isn't going to the festival) is going to be trying for me from Australia. If he gets to the payment page, he'll have my debit card details ready to pay the 6 deposits - that won't be an issue will it?

I wouldn't be so certain. While there's a good chance that holding card details (including cvs code) can work - these days you might get hit with 2-factor authorisation (usually via a banking app). Not saying this will happen, but it could.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stokesy10 said:

Not an issue, as long as it's your UK reg and your UK debit card, doesn't matter where the person who gets through actually is.

You'll need to authorise the payment though.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Old_Johno said:

I still maintain the parking passes should be more expensive than they are and used to reduce the cost of coach travel, carrot and stick. As others have pointed out unless you’re a solo traveller those prices aren’t cheaper, and limit your luggage/ amount of alcohol you can bring. Double loss.

The carrot and stick approach to car v coach penalises a great many people who cannot travel by coach due to lack of services. There is a limit to how many coaches can be run.