Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2024

northernringo

7 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Vampire Weekend are a European exclusive at Primavera. Whether you choose to believe that or not is another thing, but they’ve not been announced for any other EU festivals so I really don’t see them playing Glastonbury this year. Think after playing on every album cycle and working their way up to Pyramid sub they’ve pretty much hit their ceiling and will just not play this time around. 

Obviously could always be in contention for a secret set so that’ll be one to look out for, but they already did that in 2019 so unsure how likely that is either. 

Ahh good knowledge,  I hadn't appreciated they were a primavera European exclusive. 

Yeah the secret slot previously was an additional one wasn't it at the park early before they played the pyramid later on. 

Shame, always enjoy them live but looks like they are in a touring mood so likely they will play some dates in the UK next year. 

4 hours ago, Drinky said:

Does that exclusivity mean anything come June 1st? Could be a Stereophonics 2002 job

Glastonbury fairly regularly is an exception to exclusivity

Its not impossible but it makes it far less likely as Floorfiller said

Fat White Family, the English rock band announces UK tour for this June,

Bristol SWX, 08 June
Southampton Engine Rooms, 09
Cardiff Tramshed, 10
Liverpool Hangar34, 12
Manchester New Century, 13
Newcastle The Boiler Shop, 16
Leeds Project House, 18
London Troxy, 19

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, FloopFiller said:

Vampire Weekend are a European exclusive at Primavera. Whether you choose to believe that or not is another thing, but they’ve not been announced for any other EU festivals so I really don’t see them playing Glastonbury this year. Think after playing on every album cycle and working their way up to Pyramid sub they’ve pretty much hit their ceiling and will just not play this time around. 

Obviously could always be in contention for a secret set so that’ll be one to look out for, but they already did that in 2019 so unsure how likely that is either. 

Could be for late 2024 early 2025 of course but I saw this the other day. 

Screenshot_20240215-105533.png

Edited by DDave
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Errrrrrr. 

Screenshot_20240220-135955_Facebook.jpg

John Power was on with Craig Charles Friday, but his chat was very much focused on the new Cast album and although they did mention this upcoming show it didn't sound like much of a thing he'd thought about, pretty much "other people have done stuff to classical and thought I'd do the same.  🤷

25 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

Did I read somewhere on here that Jonny Marr is looking likely again this year..? Loved his set in 2019, played a fair few Smiths tracks.

It was great at the Park last time where he and Grohl played a bit with the Pretenders 

Can't be arsed scrolling back, but Pendulum's UK tour ends 1/4 with no dates then until R&L.  Would suggest a good few European festival dates I'd have thought?  Have they been ruled in or out does anyone recall?

4 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Can't be arsed scrolling back, but Pendulum's UK tour ends 1/4 with no dates then until R&L.  Would suggest a good few European festival dates I'd have thought?  Have they been ruled in or out does anyone recall?

I hope they are no where near Glastonbury