Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2024

northernringo

23 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Have they got a new album due? Because they won’t be back without new material as is the standard Glastonbury practice. I can’t see them being back so soon tbh, or possibly at all.

I’m not sure tbh, the fact they’re in Europe and playing festivals and have nothing in the UK with a lovely GSH makes me confident they’ll play though. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jonnyisRFC said:

I’m not sure tbh, the fact they’re in Europe and playing festivals and have nothing in the UK with a lovely GSH makes me confident they’ll play though. 

Would love it - think they’d tear up an Other Stage spot - but it makes little sense to come back two years later and do the exact same set so I don’t see it happening unless they announce an album soon, which I would also love, so here’s hoping. 

1 hour ago, jonnyisRFC said:

Saw the announcement and came here to speculate in hope. I’d like to add to your confidence with my own, entirely baseless confidence. I think two confident people is as good as a confirmation, get in. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Physical_graffiti said:

Saw the announcement and came here to speculate in hope. I’d like to add to your confidence with my own, entirely baseless confidence. I think two confident people is as good as a confirmation, get in. 

I'm confident too. As good as confirmed now. 

• Upvote 1

A friend just told me Cast are playing Glastonbury, he knows some of there touring people. Asked what stage and he shrugged his shoulders. 

I'm sure they are probably the kind of act to excite people who have not listened to any new music since the 90's. 

Have not done any checking on it as in all fairness it wasnt that exciting news to me.. Sorry Cast. 

Having now checked them on Spotify they do have a few big tunes.  Flying, Finetime, Walkaway etc. Etc....  but still probably a smaller slot somewhere  

29 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

A friend just told me Cast are playing Glastonbury, he knows some of there touring people. Asked what stage and he shrugged his shoulders. 

I'm sure they are probably the kind of act to excite people who have not listened to any new music since the 90's. 

Have not done any checking on it as in all fairness it wasnt that exciting news to me.. Sorry Cast. 

Having now checked them on Spotify they do have a few big tunes.  Flying, Finetime, Walkaway etc. Etc....  but still probably a smaller slot somewhere  

They are supporting Liam Gallagher on some of his Definitely Maybe run in June, so are definitely around and touring.  

They actually have more hits than I remember - at least half a dozen I'd be able to hum along to.  

Classic Avalon-type band for a blast from the past...

Cast are very good live. Guitarist Skin is occasionally part of Robert Plant's touring band. For the guitar aficionados amongst us, they're worth watching just to see what he does.

Wasn't their debut something like the biggest selling debut album on their label or something like that?

Just now, Joey Peeps said:

Walkaway is a gorgeous tune. An afternoon slot at Avalon would interest me. 

Tbh I think they'd attract a big enough crowd there that headline or sub headline would be the likely placement.