Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2024

northernringo

3 hours ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Came here to post this.  It always looks like any act playing the forest shows will rock up at Glasto because the dates are around the same time and they are the right size and type of act that could slot into the line-up but it is actually pretty unusual for them to.  Foals did a secret set in the park the same year as Forest Live 2019, ELbow did both in 2017.

I think there was two last year, one being Tom Grennan. I'm not expecting him unfortunately but open to attend one of his forest shows.

17 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

I know this is for a very specific type of music fan, but for me this is the lineup of the year so far. Unreal, and the headliners aren’t even announced yet. And absolutely gutting that this thing is on the same weekend as Glastonbury each year:

IMG_3601.jpeg

As you say very specific, I think it's been better previous years but not one for me.

33 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

I know this is for a very specific type of music fan, but for me this is the lineup of the year so far. Unreal, and the headliners aren’t even announced yet. And absolutely gutting that this thing is on the same weekend as Glastonbury each year:

IMG_3601.jpeg

London warm-up date for The Hotelier please i'm BEGGIN I just want to scream sing along to Your Deep Rest and I don't want to have to get a train to Manchester to do it.

Just now, churlie100 said:

London warm-up date for The Hotelier please i'm BEGGIN I just want to scream sing along to Your Deep Rest and I don't want to have to get a train to Manchester to do it.

This being the same weekend as Glastonbury double sucks for me because it means if any of the acts do other dates, it’ll undoubtedly be London/elsewhere I can’t get to rather than the easily accessible Manchester. Can’t believe I’m actually here a little pissed off that I managed to get a Glastonbury ticket this year (or maybe that this wasn’t the Outbreak lineup this year when I was ticketless). 

1 hour ago, FloopFiller said:

IMG_3601.jpeg

Flatbush Zombies for West Holts, please

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

IMG_3601.jpeg

A lot there I would love but know we won't get. Of likely contenders I'll settle for MAVI and JPEG. 

2 hours ago, FloopFiller said:

Two Door Cinema Club are about if we’re after some run of the mill Other fodder, maybe even as opener which wouldn’t be too dissimilar to Vaccines doing it a couple of years back. 

Just realised I've been confusing Two Door Cinema Club and Bombay Bicycle Club for years.

On 12/16/2023 at 1:42 PM, FloopFiller said:

Two Door Cinema Club are about if we’re after some run of the mill Other fodder, maybe even as opener which wouldn’t be too dissimilar to Vaccines doing it a couple of years back. 

Two Door are headlining lots of mid sized fests at the moment - they are significantly bigger than the vaccines or libs for instance

On 12/16/2023 at 9:07 PM, Euphoricape said:

Got be in the running with those dates..

On 12/16/2023 at 9:33 PM, FloopFiller said:

Nah, they’re not doing more than two nights on the run at any point on the tour and doing Glastonbury would mean them playing after two nights in London. 

Yeah this would rule them out I would think.

Wet Leg in Cardiff on the Tuesday before the festival. Given the hype surrounding their rammed park performance in 22 I’d expect them to make an appearance on maybe the other. Not too bothered either way personally but I recollect Emily Eavis mentioning they should have had a bigger stage. 

6 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Wet Leg in Cardiff on the Tuesday before the festival. Given the hype surrounding their rammed park performance in 22 I’d expect them to make an appearance on maybe the other. Not too bothered either way personally but I recollect Emily Eavis mentioning they should have had a bigger stage. 

Reckon they’ll get a Pyramid slot this time, maybe even as high as fourth down, assuming they manage to keep up the hype with album #2 and aren’t already yesterdays news. 

2 hours ago, Rowan Theo said:

Expressing frustration about the perceived lack of appreciation for certain bands at Glastonbury, highlighting a disconnect between the crowd's preferences and the musical atmosphere on the Pyramid Stage. The comment underlines a concern about the diverse audience and their varying levels of engagement with the festival's musical offerings.

Parklife

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 20