Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2024

northernringo

40 minutes ago, goonerben said:

Is the "Pilton Party means they are playing Glasto next year" thing still a thing?  If so, that would seem to count The Streets and Arlo Parks in for Glastonbury 2024.  

judging by Mike skinner's love of the pyramid stage hat id be pretty confident they are playing .... and most likely pyramid stage 

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Other candidates for the Legend Slot:

Wes Borland, one of the non John Frusciante RHCP guitarits, the bloke with the KFC bucket on his head from Guns'n'Roses.

Great, so suggesting someone I like whilst acknowledging it's a rogue hot take isn't cool anymore? Weird place this

2 minutes ago, Crouchinho76 said:

BC Camplight, Fat Dog, Personal Trainer and Frozemode, please

Woof, Fat Dog are surely going to be on the farm this year. Seen them twice (once supporting Yard Act) and really like them even though I’m not sure I could describe what music they actually play 

36 minutes ago, Barneym said:

Woof, Fat Dog are surely going to be on the farm this year. Seen them twice (once supporting Yard Act) and really like them even though I’m not sure I could describe what music they actually play 

Warmdusher / Snapped Ankles vibes, for me.  Looking forward to seeing them at Rockaway Beach 2024.

Fat Dog would fit well on Truth stage sometime after 2am

4 hours ago, mouserat said:

I really liked their first album even while feeling like they were probably doomed to be just another guitar band that comes and goes. Honestly hadn't realised they were still going until recently - feel like the perfect Glasto band for a sunny afternoon. Early on Other like The Hives or are they bigger than that?

They are a lot smaller than The Hives. Disappeared for a few years and while they have a following they aren't particular known anymore.

Think they would be on mid-afternoon on Woodsies now.

New album is good.

2 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

judging by Mike skinner's love of the pyramid stage hat id be pretty confident they are playing .... and most likely pyramid stage 

Possible sub under Dua Lipa? Feels like the most obvious headliner pairing, unless the argument is they're not big enough to sub any more (personally think they are, much like Elbow they're the perfect warm-up act).

1 hour ago, Barneym said:

I think a big useless pile of cars would be better than a stage for bands like this to play.

3 hours ago, Quark said:

I love metal, but tbh I found an entire festival of it just a bit too much. Obviously loads of sub genres and styles, but overall there wasn't the variety that I want from a fest.

Having said that, Hellfest looks crazy good and I'd be willing to give my theory a test...

I agree with this. I get really excited when I see some heavy stuff at Glasto but after a whole weekend of it I want something else. 

I'd like to see Yonaka get on the festival bill. 

While there tour is not specifically around Glastonbury it's the classic start of the year till May leading into festival season a lot of the smaller acts that plan on popping up all over the place in the festival season. 

Mid afternoon Woodsies stage slot ideal 

I'm not actually sure they have ever played??? Perhaps someone will know

2 hours ago, briddj said:

They are a lot smaller than The Hives. Disappeared for a few years and while they have a following they aren't particular known anymore.

Think they would be on mid-afternoon on Woodsies now.

New album is good.

Haven't listened to the new one yet, need to give that a spin 

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

No-one actually chooses to listen to Snow Patrol, do they?

Some of their early releases were actually quite good, as was Lightbody's stuff with the Reindeer Section. There's a really beautiful song called An Olive Grove Facing the Sea on their second album. Before they went all X Factor sob story soundtrack. 

• Upvote 1