All Points East 2024

stanh

3 minutes ago, danjamesbaker said:

Think arcade fire are now a shout for this given they're doing Funeral anniversary shows in Dublin and Milan and expecting to announce more. If not, potentially Finsbury Park/Crystal Palace?

They're in Europe a little too early for this unless they're staying around a full month and a bit.

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Fnmentaluk said:

Never been to APE , but the death cab day is my thing, how many more bands are likely to be announced for that day , 

Based on last year roughly and with the assumption of an east stage, west stage and tent operating:

Ten acts announced of probably about fifteen slots spread across the main two stages and the tent. Two of the acts are obviously heading the main stage so can be put there straight off. 

What is up in the air is that the west stage and tent headliners don't usually clash or only overlap slightly with the east stage (the main stage) headliner. With essentially two headliners it's unclear if that will be the case with this day. 

So probably five more acts to slot in the bill on the three main stages plus a DJ line up for the six music stage and about ten to twelve smaller acts including more DJ sets for the smaller stages on the assumption that they have those three stages again. 

• Like 1

I think Vampire Weekend will make an appearance, they've got a fairly large gap over August in the NA tour. 

Also think MGMT with their new album coming out in a few days might make an appearance and Cage The Elephant. 

Edited by Dim Sum

16 minutes ago, Dim Sum said:

I think Vampire Weekend will make an appearance, they've got a fairly large gap over August in the NA tour. 

Also think MGMT with their new album coming out in a few days might make an appearance and Cage The Elephant. 

Vampire Weekend are a Europe exclusive at primavera sadly

they have just announced a uk tour coming though

here's presale - https://forms.sonymusicfans.com/campaign/vampireweekend_npn_2024/

On 2/16/2024 at 4:03 PM, Dim Sum said:

MGMT have also said they’re not touring this album, for some reason. 

On 11/26/2023 at 1:29 PM, OCarter said:

With it being an AEG Presents ad that is circulating, I'm saying All Points East and Forwards Festival in Bristol for sure.

And then a date or two in the North/ Scotland.

Call me Sherlock...

Screen Shot 2024-02-22 at 18.00.05.png

• Upvote 2

Yeesh. That seems ambitious. So much for my hopes of Vampire Weekend. 😂

With Jungle and Dermot Kennedy last year, and Kaytranada and the Postal Service/Death Cab this year, I have to say APE is not predictable. 

I guess the cut off for what justifies a successful day of sales may be quite different to what we'd expect. At least in the case of cheaper acts. 

4 hours ago, davidthefly said:

Underwhelming 

I saw Kaytranada supporting The Weeknd last year and the description "Underwhelming" is a good one. I actually felt sorry for the fellow. Other then the idiots at the front who will cheer almost anything, a roadie walking on stage, pigeon flying by or a crisp packet, I don't think hardly anyone paid his set a single bit of attention. 

That has to be the weekest headliner they have ever had. Que, instant sell out to show how little I know about modern dance music 😃

I guess for anyone who likes the undercard, this could be a good chance of a freebie.

I wouldn't pay full price for a ticket, but think people are underestimating how well this will do - Kaytranada extremely popular amongst the 20 something east-Londoners who generally make up most of APE's crowd (saying that as a 20 something east-Londoner)

23 hours ago, Dales said:

I saw Kaytranada supporting The Weeknd last year and the description "Underwhelming" is a good one. I actually felt sorry for the fellow. Other then the idiots at the front who will cheer almost anything, a roadie walking on stage, pigeon flying by or a crisp packet, I don't think hardly anyone paid his set a single bit of attention. 

That has to be the weekest headliner they have ever had. Que, instant sell out to show how little I know about modern dance music 😃

I guess for anyone who likes the undercard, this could be a good chance of a freebie.

Kaytranada was never going to do well support the weeknd.

unless you are very similar to an act that size most people will not give a toss

4 hours ago, gfa said:

Kaytranada was never going to do well support the weeknd.

unless you are very similar to an act that size most people will not give a toss

True, but its rare I have ever seen an audience at a stadium gig be so uninterested. I would have expected some love for him out of 60,000 or what ever the London Stadium holds on a gig day. His set was dull, well to me and most of the audience on that day. Maybe, he went down well on his other days or over at his Wembley gigs.

Genuinly surprised to see him headlining. I would have expected he would be a co-headline at best but I don't know him well, so my judgement could be well off. However, I knew enough about him to go early at the Weeknd gig to see him, which is more then most people I know. I was just so dissapointed but being a support is very different to headlining, so would expect a big show.

Plus, sometimes is seems like most people go to APE as place to chat and have a drink rather then because they are huge music fans and he works well for background music.

I think this is the first headliner at APE that so far no one I know has even heard of. Dermot came close last year but my sister and a few Irish friends had heard of him and knew his stuff.

Then again, APE must have some confidence that he has an audience and it will sell enough to keep them happy.

On 2/27/2024 at 9:16 AM, TapeRecorder said:

Well that's going to sell horribly. Also is kaytranada bigger than thundercat?

on tier 4 already, doubt it'll sell out, but think it'll do pretty well. lineups gone down very well within the groups im in

10 minutes ago, stanh said:

on tier 4 already, doubt it'll sell out, but think it'll do pretty well. lineups gone down very well within the groups im in

Not to generalise too much, but there is very evidently one set demographic within these forums. And this line up is not intended for said demographic. 

• Upvote 3

On 2/5/2024 at 4:47 PM, BabylonZoo said:

You’d imagine the last two shows based on touring schedule could be New Order and The Smile who don’t have a UK festival date and have the 1st weekend free.  

Do you think this is possible?  The line ups are fairly low-key/modest so far.  I could see New Order in Cardiff on the Thursday date but can't make the Manchester Saturday one.