All Points East 2024

stanh

2 hours ago, davidthefly said:

So Massive attack playing Bristol on the Sunday after LCD at Ape.....do we think we may see Massive Attack on the Saturday?

No.

They're in Rock En Seine on Saturday, and in an email from the band they said the Bristol date is the first UK show in 5 years, so there won't be anything until that.

1 minute ago, John L said:

The Monday is a Bank Holiday…

Is the Monday part of APE next year?

I'm doubtful they'll play it tbh, they also had an article out in the Guardian where they were critical of sponsors for fests. Would be a bit weird to have a climate conscious gig for only the next day to be playing a non climate conscious one a couple hours away.

It could happen though given the Bristol gig is partly organised by AEG and they were booked in 2020. I'm gonna be doubtful for now though.

1 hour ago, scatteredscreens said:

Postal Service / DCFC are absolutely nailed on for this, headlining or subbing, but definitely there in some capacity.

Yep, I wonder who would be the headliner, however, since I guess it won't be LCD, Massive Attack or PJ Harvey.

2 hours ago, FloopFiller said:

Could see them co-headlining if it’s billed as their only UK show. A smaller one for sure, but think it would do well with a good nostalgia fuelled undercard. 

Yeah agree, they have the fan base who would go to this if it is the only gig + with the right undercard.

21 minutes ago, emmanuel said:

I was a bit surprised to find out they are 2x bigger than Jungle worldwide in terms of listeners. Not sure in the UK. That would be odd, but I guess not impossible headliners?

The Postal Service or Death Cab? Death Cab are way bigger in the US, they play tiny venues over here.

Feel like a lot of that line up could appear at ape. The Smile seem likely and reckon Overmono would be a good Field Day booking. Could see Ezra Collective on the undercard somewhere after the Mercury Win.

What are people’s Field Day predictions this year?

Haven’t seen Jamie XX on any like ups from what I remember this year but assume he’s in album prep mode, so perhaps a festival exclusive, perhaps as a coheadliner. Justice are also around. The Streets and Four Tet seem like they could appear too.

Edited by Jonathan Jonathan

34 minutes ago, Guy Honeymoon said:

It's a shame they haven't been able to announce any of the undercard but I reckon this is the day I'll get a ticket for 

It’s very strange they haven’t announced the lineup to this considering it isn’t exactly a massive pair of headliners. You’d think they’d want to have a lot of big selling points out at once in order to sell tickets, instead of a bunch of people inevitably waiting for cheap tickets which will almost definitely happen along the line.

15 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

It’s very strange they haven’t announced the lineup to this considering it isn’t exactly a massive pair of headliners. You’d think they’d want to have a lot of big selling points out at once in order to sell tickets, instead of a bunch of people inevitably waiting for cheap tickets which will almost definitely happen along the line.

They've started doing the Tier system over the last few years which will incentivise some early ticket buying before the price jumps up.

29 minutes ago, SalviaPlath said:

It's going to be great seeing LCD, Postal Service/Death Cab and Loyle Carner for about five/ten quid each when the time inevitably comes and they have shifted barely any tickets. 

Anyone paying full price for these is getting mugged off. We all know what happens with APE. 

except I don't think this has happened for a good few years (at least not mainstream wise, maybe the NHS/Army sites)?