Favourite Glastonbury Stage

Crazyfool01

3 hours ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Woodsies, don't know why but sound is good and I just tend to really enjoy it. And Avalon ... Other is my least favourite, it always feels a little souless and I don;t know why 😞

Yes, Avalon and Woodsies always seem to have good sound and atmosphere.  Unlike most of the stages that have  a kind of natural amphitheatre the Other is a bit open. You can feel detached from the performance if further back. 

For me it's more about the band than the stage, but West Holts does always seem to have a fun atmosphere so would prob vote for it.

If it's a band you like & the crowd is up for it Pyramid can be brilliant. Though can be rubbish if you are excited for an act & everyone else is just waiting for next act. An uninterested Pyramid crowd ruined Beck a bit for me when he was sandwiched between Coldplay & Elle Goulding.

Special mention to Pussy Parleur which has some out there bookings. Had some fantastic times there

12 hours ago, ew*nkenobi said:

For me it's more about the band than the stage...

Agree with this. More the act and the audience they attract rather than any specific stage.

My go to response is to say Avalon but that stage generally has the sort of stuff I like on. Move them somewhere else and it would probably be the same.

Strummerville is the prettiest but the sound ain't great. Pyramid can be incredible if the chemistry of act and crowd is right but The Other can be the same.

Best stage anywhere though... Woodland at Bearded Theory. 

• Like 1

Probably not very original there: West holts for a big stage, Avalon for a small one, and Crow's nest for a very small one. I tend to have artists I like on all stages, and probably more in woodsies/park, but the atmosphere and the " people who are there really want to be there" make those what they are. Plus I tend to discover new artists more at WH or Avalon.

My "nightmare" scenario is having an artist I like early/mid day on other or Pyramid. They probably won't fill the field with people who are really into it and a good part of the crowd may be there half accidentally.

The Park is the easy favourite, nothing beats a small crowd at a Park headliner.

West Holts on a Saturday afternoon is always bliss, Say She She this year and Kikagaku Moyo last year were just perfection.

Pyramid is awful, no idea why anyone likes it. Woodies also needs a rethink, crowds around the outside are a nightmare, I think it could really do with closing off the back and an in/out system

West Holts has always been my preferred place to hangout if I've got no one in particular to see. It's generally had the music I like the most, so it's a safer bet I'll catch something there to vibe with.

Having said that, this year I barely saw anyone there. Maybe three acts during the day and no headliners for the first time in six fests. For context, in previous years, 12/15 headliners had been on WH.

But when it comes to headliners, I couldn't care less where people are playing or on what stage. It's just all about who I wanna see the most at that time. This year, Hot Chip on Woodsies, GnR & Elton on Pyramid, all three were absolutely mint. They could have been on the Park, Other, and the Rabbit Hole, and I'd of still been there.

39 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Yeah. f**k that place where I had fun. I hope that doesn't happen again.

I find it bizarre,  like I find people not going back to acts they like because they saw an amazing set 10 years before ok it might not reach those high expectations but people will likely still have a blast and it takes nothing from previous performance , it doesn't wipe it from memory 

Yeah, time of day.... always (nearly always) start my Glastoday at West Holts with a pint of Brothers toffee-apple cider with the mates planning the day (that never works out like that), but Avalon is often a wonderful mid-afternoon marvel, especially when it has a decent heritage act; West Holts bar really came into its own this year as the de-facto meeting point, with some brilliant acts of its own after-hours; and have *really* loved some Pyramid headliners in last few years; but the real after-hours places for me (not really a SE corner dude) are Small World, Lizard (esp. when they're doing some world or afrobeat DJ-ing) and I have a very soft spot for early morning and late night Cabaret - so, dunno! We're a bit spoiled rly aren't we

I don’t think I have a favourite stage, they all can be amazing if the right band is on.  I love it when there’s someone I really want to see on the pyramid especially at dusk as it looks spectacular, not sure I’ve figured out where my favourite viewing spot is yet, was in the pit a few times this year and didn’t think the experience was as good as mid way back where you can see some of the crowd and appreciate the atmosphere more.

Woodsies and park have more of my kind of music on and it’s easy to get to the front… I really enjoyed Years and Years and PSBs on the other stage last year which was a stage I didn’t have much love for previously.. depends on the weather maybe 🤔 on a wet year the other stage is depressing, on a hot year it seems like a better option even if it doesn’t have the amphitheater kind of layout that I love at the pyramid. 

I don't think I could name one, the reason I love Glastonbury is because I'm not really a 'niche' kind of person so one festival doing one kind of music isn't really my vibe. So there's a place I like watching everything and everything in it's place... it appeals to experience something other than the pyramid headliner but somehow I just always end up there.... lol but it's not normally my favourite vibe overall... 

So to summarise...all of them and none of them 🤣