Glastonbury Oct/Nov ticket day anxiety levels

Crazyfool01

Glastonbury Oct/ Nov ticket day anxiety levels   

271 members have voted

1. 1. Rate those anxiety levels ........

• Not bothered what will be will be
    • Starting to think about it on occasion
    • I think about it most days
    • I think about it every day
    • panic
    • full on panic and sleepless nights

26 minutes ago, 2019 said:

Is this videos still accurate?

Mainly. But don’t stop when it says sold out. There will be people with orders active that time out and their tickets will become available again so keep trying for at least 10-15mins after it says sold out. 

19 minutes ago, 2019 said:

Is this videos still accurate? 

No.

He totally misses out that the hardest part is actually getting to the registration details page at 24 seconds in.  What is most likely to happen is that after clicking the first link to buy either Coach or GA tickets you will get the dreaded 'Busy/Queue' page that automatically refreshes itself every 20 seconds.  Don't wait, refresh it yourself but be careful not to exceed a refresh rate of 1/second.

Assuming you are lucky and get to the registration details page then his other error is suggesting, at 1.04, that you should refresh the reg details page if it hangs.  Better advice is to hit 'Back' and then resubmit.  Refreshing should keep your session but you will most likely need to re-enter all the details again.....and you don't want to waste time doing that.

48 minutes ago, t0paz said:

Mainly. But don’t stop when it says sold out. There will be people with orders active that time out and their tickets will become available again so keep trying for at least 10-15mins after it says sold out. 

Thank you!

45 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

No.

He totally misses out that the hardest part is actually getting to the registration details page at 24 seconds in.  What is most likely to happen is that after clicking the first link to buy either Coach or GA tickets you will get the dreaded 'Busy/Queue' page that automatically refreshes itself every 20 seconds.  Don't wait, refresh it yourself but be careful not to exceed a refresh rate of 1/second.

Assuming you are lucky and get to the registration details page then his other error is suggesting, at 1.04, that you should refresh the reg details page if it hangs.  Better advice is to hit 'Back' and then resubmit.  Refreshing should keep your session but you will most likely need to re-enter all the details again.....and you don't want to waste time doing that.

Thank you! Much appreciated. 

17 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Samesies. Everyone else from our group had given up but I kept marching on and bagged tickets. 

Humming “Hero” by Mariah Carey the whole time I was. 

I hope they treated you like a hero when you were at the festival! 

I also managed to get tickets for friends after the ‘sold out’ appeared and they gave up. I got given a fair few drinks for my persistence! 

5 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Remember and dont stop trying when the all tickets are allocated message appears. Any knocked back will be straight back on sale. That’s what happened in loads of cases last year. It’s worth hammering away until your tears of despair are blinding  you. 

I tried this for about 15mins last year, but remember if you went back to a certain page you couldn't get back in or something like that - what page did you need to keep on and refresh at? I'm not describing this well at all, but having a few pages tabs open i could see a difference if I went back to the start in one or two of them - can't remember the message but it wouldn't let you back into the process pages from there.

39 minutes ago, The other Bellboy said:

I tried this for about 15mins last year, but remember if you went back to a certain page you couldn't get back in or something like that - what page did you need to keep on and refresh at? I'm not describing this well at all, but having a few pages tabs open i could see a difference if I went back to the start in one or two of them - can't remember the message but it wouldn't let you back into the process pages from there.

We just kept refreshing no matter what the screen was saying, finally got the registration page around ten twenty. Looked as if all hope had gone around ten then everything just kicked back in.

11 hours ago, parsonjack said:

No.

This is very accurate 👍

On 10/29/2023 at 11:27 AM, ticketboy69 said:

Oddly, I’m feeling very relaxed about it…which might mean this year will break our lucky run. 

I was super chilled about last year, it was worrying calm compared to previous years.......I didn't get tickets! Hopefully this will increase you anxiety x

On 10/29/2023 at 11:13 AM, Steveb72 said:

This time next week we’ll all know our fate 😱

Trouble is, that's only for those who are successful. A kind of purgatory follows for the remainder who can't give up hope but have to wait for months for the resale or volunteering options or stupidly priced options.

5 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Trouble is, that's only for those who are successful. A kind of purgatory follows for the remainder who can't give up hope but have to wait for months for the resale or volunteering options or stupidly priced options.

I’ve made peace with the idea that if I’m not successful at the weekend, it’s not happening for me in 2024. I won’t go through that uncertainty. I’d rather move on and do something else. 

My anxiety levels feel low compared to other years, and I'm not really sure why

Quite a few of our usual groups have dropped out, for a variety of reasons. I think the stress I had between November and April last year; buying endless amounts of cheese, then getting one in the resale has worn me out. Just more resigned to 'what will be will be' now I think

1 minute ago, kalifire said:

I’ve made peace with the idea that if I’m not successful at the weekend, it’s not happening for me in 2024. I won’t go through that uncertainty. I’d rather move on and do something else. 

😞 … although as an international I’m sure getting the tickets early makes sorting other stuff like flights much cheaper. So can’t really blame you  

• Upvote 1

In an attempt to reduce my anxiety levels I have decided to drive to (well most of the way) to the Chemical brothers gig that is happening on Saturday night. This forces me to be sober and means I will get back to my home rather than staying out somewhere. I think this might be called "growing up".

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

It's a wise decision. Probably do me a lot of good to think likewise.