Legends Slot 2024

FuzzyDunlop

7 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

...but if there had been a Talking Heads reunion on the back of this year's Stop Making Sense flourish, where would they play here?

bst and manybe headline glasto, david didn't like it last time he played the weather was dreadful and the dampness was upsetting his guitar's tuning. hes done other festivals since then, but never glastonbury again. i can't see a reunion happening (hope i have to eat those words).

I can't confirm this but I'm sure I've heard the reason Fleetwood Mac never plaid Glasto is a certain member had issues with the paycheque. As much as it could've been any of them and it could just be a rumour I can't help but think it'd be Stevie who'd have the issues. Which is a shame, because I've seen the Mac but never got to see Stevie solo (which I would die for).

On 11/19/2023 at 5:50 PM, Fleetwood_Mac_And_Cheese said:

I can't confirm this but I'm sure I've heard the reason Fleetwood Mac never plaid Glasto is a certain member had issues with the paycheque. As much as it could've been any of them and it could just be a rumour I can't help but think it'd be Stevie who'd have the issues. Which is a shame, because I've seen the Mac but never got to see Stevie solo (which I would die for).

It definitely wasn't Stevie Nicks. I once went to one of the Michael Eavis talks and he actually said she was one of the ones who had agreed.

On 10/26/2023 at 4:12 PM, incident said:

So having gone through the thread and collating all the names mentioned (bar a couple of joke suggestions), and excluding any that started in the 90s onwards (because obviously):

Definitely viable:
- Shania Twain - 3 month gap between Vegas runs.
- Stevie Nicks - Extensive US tour ends in March, European dates not announced yet.

Status unknown:
- Alanis Morissette - Last currently scheduled date is November.
- Annie Lennox - Has started to do bits and pieces recently after being inactive.
- Cher - New album of Christmas songs, but no scheduled dates.
- Chaka Khan - Last currently scheduled date is January.
- Cyndi Lauper - Active recently but nothing currently scheduled.
- Dionne Warwick - Last currently scheduled date is February.
- Gloria Gaynor - Last currently scheduled date is November.
- Grace Jones - Active recently but nothing currently scheduled.
- Joan Armatrading - Active recently but nothing currently scheduled.
- Joni Mitchell - Did her first show in forever last year, then another this year. Huge question over logistics.
- Patti Smith - Last currently scheduled date is December.

Ruled out or extremely unlikely:
- Carly Simon - Last show was 2018.
- Carole King - Rarely appears for more than a song or two, and nothing since January 2022.
- Celine Dion - Cancelled an extensive 2023/24 world tour for health reasons.
- Gladys Knight - Not available due to other dates.
- Kate Bush - No chance whatsoever.
- Tracy Chapman - Last show was 2009.

Someone Just told me they thought it was Cher for the legends slot, but then when I pressed them they said it was just something they had seen on the internet, so likely bollocks.  Did get me thinking that she would be really good though.

14 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

It definitely wasn't Stevie Nicks. I once went to one of the Michael Eavis talks and he actually said she was one of the ones who had agreed.

And Mick Fleetwood said hed like to. So did Christine but she said its not up to the band, its up to management or something. 

They're generally not the arsed about the festival.

Anyway enough of this.

Belle Epoque nailed on surely?

100k at this. People with double flares in the pit. The soundtrack to the Beebs Sunday night highlights. 

I think it's likely it was Lindsay who wasn't particularly keen. 

The only evidence for Stevie playing is it's highly likely she will be playing Europe next year (but not yet announced) and that we know there's been dialogue with Glasto with Fleetwood Mac. She's also best mates with Dolly Parton (just released a single together) and they prob talked about that slot. Likewise, Neil Finn (who replaced Lindsay) is a big fan having done a couple of mid afternoon slots on Pyramid. It all points to her but it's all circumstantial. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

The only evidence for Stevie playing is it's highly likely she will be playing Europe next year (but not yet announced) and that we know there's been dialogue with Glasto with Fleetwood Mac. She's also best mates with Dolly Parton (just released a single together) and they prob talked about that slot. Likewise, Neil Finn (who replaced Lindsay) is a big fan having done a couple of mid afternoon slots on Pyramid. It all points to her but it's all circumstantial. 

Yep not saying it makes her more or less likely for this year but rather that I don't think she was the blocker in the past. I think the logistics of dealing with a band who all have their own managers was probably the hardest bit. Probably always made it impossible.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Cheers very much all to play for then with an increased chance over previous 

• Upvote 1

On 11/19/2023 at 5:50 PM, Fleetwood_Mac_And_Cheese said:

Even if that is true, wouldn't the "Fleetwood Mac" paycheque be significantly different to the "Stevie Nicks" paycheque?  Which could mean that even if the former is completely out of reach, the latter may well be doable?

• Upvote 1